Comments

• Reply 181 of 377
    I wonder what his favourite music or song was
  • Reply 182 of 377
    A tremor has been felt in the Universe.
  • Reply 183 of 377
    Very sad. RIP.
  • Reply 184 of 377
    Never thought it would really happen. Miss you already. Rest in peace. Great man.
  • Reply 185 of 377
    mgl323mgl323 Posts: 247member
    R.I.P Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 186 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rulebreaker View Post

It seems so wrong that cancer can take so many people who are in their absolute prime achieving so much both personally and for the greater good.

The day we rid ourself of this horrible disease can not come soon enough. Today is a great day to make a donation to cancer research or treatment institution.

We all gonna die of something....we just don't know when or what from.
  • Reply 187 of 377
    Sad to hear this day arrive. We loved ya Steve - thanks for everything and see ya in the afterlife!

Thanks for your visions and seeing them through in the manifestation of great products with a never-ending pursuit of "even better" and well interconnected.

Steve Jobs was one of the more interesting people of our time who I wanted to meet, along with Tim Leary and Ron Paul (who I've met). Oh well, 1 of 3 is better than none...

Rest In Peace Steve. We will miss your introspection and signature keynotes. You have been an inspiration to me.

For all those interested in how to fight cancer -- before you get it -- check out the Health Freedom Expo, which moves around the country -- I have learned LOTS at this event over the years. Many alternative treatments and insights -- some useful some noise, but a learning experience for certain.

http://healthfreedomexpo.com
  • Reply 188 of 377
    Thanks for everything, Steve - my thoughts go out to your family and friends. Rest in peace.
  • Reply 189 of 377
    I'm gutted. Thanks for everything Steve...
  • Reply 190 of 377
    wilwil Posts: 170member
    What made Steve Jobs great is not his marketing skills nor his legendary temper. What made him great and a legend are these qualities, he understood failure more than others and he understood success more than anyone. He knew when to say no and he knew when to say stop and he knew when to say wait and be patient. He was willing to delay products that does not meet his standards or in some cases, cease production of products that were market failures due to various reasons. But above all, his brilliance, his unceasing passion is all centered on one thing, simplicity for the common user. Look at the iMac, the iPod, iPhone and iPad and then compare the competition. The competition have much better specs, more software and thousands of choices that will meet the demands of the beginner and the hard core tech geek. But Apple under his leadership chose another way and it is best describe like "we will sell you products we think you will need and they will have world class design and a UI that will worked with you rather than against you. We will not sell you the specs of our products, we will sell you what you can do using Macs, iPhone, iPod and iPad after opening the box.

He is one the Best and his leadership will be missed, not only by Apple, but every Tech company in the planet . Good job, Steve Jobs, you had done well and may God bless your souls and bring comfort and peace to your family.
  • Reply 191 of 377
    I just shed a tear.

I feel like a close relative just passed away. It's such a poignant sense of loss.

Thank you, Steve Jobs, for dreaming big and for bringing those dreams to life.

Whatever Apple do next, whatever is their next big thing, it'll probably never seem quite as big as when Steve did the unveiling—presenting their latest creation to us all in his own unique and strangely magical way.

I feel like I have lost a lifelong friend; I can't imagine how his family must be feeling. My love to them all.

Some magic just left the building.

Catch you around, Steve.
  • Reply 192 of 377
    I haven't felt so sad about the loss of a public figure since the day John Lennon died.
  • Reply 193 of 377
    R I P Steve Jobs
  • Reply 194 of 377
    God speed Steve Jobs. You changed my life and made my career. Thank you.
  • Reply 195 of 377
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    *sigh* RIP Steve. We're going to miss you.
  • Reply 195 of 377
    I think we sometimes forget just how extraordinary this little moment of time in history during which we live our lives is. For all the thousands of years prior to this time there were no computers for people to use. They will surely be with humanity in one form or another for all the generations to come. Yet it was during these few decades in which we lived that ordinary folks could first acquire and use computers and their extraordinary civilization-changing power. Apple didn't invent the computer and there were many people who made inestimably important contributions to the technology, but it was Jobs and Wozniak who did form the company that would put the first truly viable "home computer" on the market. Amazing.
  • Reply 197 of 377
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Thats sad, he worked almost right to the end.

I'll never forget my first computer, a Mac plus and I'll never forget what Apple has brought to my life.

Thanks Steve Jobs.

RIP
  • Reply 198 of 377
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

I haven't felt so sad about the loss of a public figure since the day John Lennon died.

He would have been honored to have seen this statement. thank you.
  • Reply 199 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rulebreaker View Post

It seems so wrong that cancer can take so many people who are in their absolute prime achieving so much both personally and for the greater good.

The day we rid ourself of this horrible disease can not come soon enough. Today is a great day to make a donation to cancer research or treatment institution.

Amen to that.
  • Reply 200 of 377
    ronsterronster Posts: 153member
    Very sad indeed. All the money in the world couldn't save him. Very tragic.

RIP Steve Jobs