Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Comments

• Reply 201 of 377
    No... I knew this day would come, but it still hit me like a punch in the gut.

I can't breathe.
  • Reply 202 of 377
    RIP Steve Jobs. You changed the world...
  • Reply 203 of 377
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member
    Thanks for changing our world for the better. RIP Steve
  • Reply 204 of 377
    jonoromjonorom Posts: 293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

I haven't felt so sad about the loss of a public figure since the day John Lennon died.

Yes, I have cried for for Kennedy, MLK, and Lennon. And now Jobs. And I can't stop crying. What a loss.
  • Reply 205 of 377
    wijgwijg Posts: 99member
    As a kid, I had a TI-99/4A console that my dad gave me when I'd asked for an Apple II. My, that sucked. I slapped a rainbow Apple sticker on it and wished.

I'm pleased that SJ is so well remembered.

I'm comforted that, measured in the unit of a lifetime, we're all here for the same duration.

Rest in peace.
  • Reply 206 of 377
    nkalunkalu Posts: 315member
    Rest In Perfect Peace Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 207 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

I haven't felt so sad about the loss of a public figure since the day John Lennon died.

Hmmm... exactly what I was thinking. People you don't know personally but the impact they make on your life is so profound that you feel extremely close to them.
  • Reply 208 of 377
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    Steve, you showed brilliance, passion and energy all which inspired me throughout the years. Your spirit will live on and may you rest in peace

I miss you so much!
  • Reply 209 of 377
    I've enjoyed reading the stories and comments on AI for years but this is the first time I've felt compelled to post. My condolences to the family. Steve Jobs, your legacy will be felt for a long, long time. The word genius gets thrown around a lot but only a few people actually fit that description. You led the pack. R.I.P.
  • Reply 210 of 377
    RIP Steve. You made our lives something we never dreamed they would be.
  • Reply 211 of 377
    RIP Steve. Very sad day.
  • Reply 212 of 377
    Anybody seen a response from Woz?
  • Reply 213 of 377
    I'll be putting flowers in front of my local apple store tomorrow, RIP Steve.
  • Reply 214 of 377
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    God speed Steve. You will be sorely missed and not soon forgotten. Thank you for pushing the envelope and bringing us some of the greatest innovations of our time. Your legacy will live a long time to come.
  • Reply 215 of 377
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

I'll be putting flowers in front of my local apple store tomorrow, RIP Steve.

What I wonderful idea!! I will do the same.
  • Reply 216 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

A tear forms

A tear? I've been crying non stop for an hour. I think I won't be able to do my Chemistry test tomorrow.
  • Reply 217 of 377
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    I'm too upset to say anything other than rest in peace Steve.
  • Reply 218 of 377
    rainrain Posts: 538member
    Condolences to the immediate family.

For those of us who have been with Apple for over 30 years, we share a common loss today.

• Reply 219 of 377
    I got this from Eduardo Pellegrino in the comments section at Asymco website, so I don't want to take credit. Perhaps not the right words, but good words:

Per ardua ad astra — Through struggles, to the stars
  • Reply 220 of 377
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Rest in peace, Steve.