Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Comments

• Reply 221 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

I never met him, but I feel like I have lost someone close to me.

I feel the same. I feel such loss for a man I've never met.
  • Reply 222 of 377
    Steve,

I am so sad about your passing. It won't be the same world without you. We who admire you and cherish your presence in this world will attempt to live in your spirit.
  • Reply 223 of 377
    shrikeshrike Posts: 494member
    My condolences to Steve Jobs' family and friends. He dented the universe and made it so much fun. He will be missed.
  • Reply 224 of 377
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Indeed this is a sombre moment, but I feel incredible sense of peace. He died a supernova; extinguished at the peak of his career, his influence will pervade the entire known universe.

Although we never met in person he was the most influential man in my life. He truly changed the world. And me.

RIP Steve
  • Reply 225 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post

I'll be putting flowers in front of my local apple store tomorrow, RIP Steve.

...and everyone screw your corporate dress code tomorrow and wear a black turtleneck, jeans, & running shoes to work. Make sure the jeans are just a smidge too short and be sure to push the sleeves on your turtleneck up to mid forearm.
  • Reply 226 of 377
    imsjimsj Posts: 5member
    I am deeply sadden to learn his death. I wish to share my thought & memories with everyone else who feel the same.

Here is an unofficial Facebook page to share memories & tributes to keep his memory alive.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remem...78104388934869
  • Reply 227 of 377
    mr.scottmr.scott Posts: 124member
    It's not just technology that Steve brought to us, but the great people in this forum, and many like this, that have been influenced by him in so many ways and for us to say so many awesome things about this great man.

In my early high school days my Mom, going against the grain, bought an Apple IIe. Needless to say, my life has been much better because my Mom thought the world of such a machine and the vision of Apple and Steve at that time.

Thanks to Steve and my Mom, tomorrow will be a better day.

Scott
  • Reply 228 of 377
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    To everyone to whom Steve was special,

Our sincerest condolences. Our thoughts are with you, we share your grief.

A central tenet of Steve's life and one from which he didn't veer, was never to do harm. He enriched us all, made us laugh, made us think, empowered us to be better individuals, colleagues and collaborators.

Words cannot express our sadness but can express our gratitude. Steve, thank you.
  • Reply 229 of 377
    Steve... Your best contributions are yet to come... When all the seeds you've planted begin to sprout and then, in turn, bear fruit.

Thanks.
  • Reply 230 of 377
    jexusjexus Posts: 373member
    http://www.google.com/

A small thanks
  • Reply 231 of 377
    Suddenly my Mac just doubled in value. We will never forget. Lets hope Apple doesn't either.
  • Reply 232 of 377
    1swift1swift Posts: 23member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jexus View Post

http://www.google.com/

A small thanks

Nicely done

RIP Steve...The Vision lives on.

• Reply 233 of 377
    I can't find enough words in the English language to describe how sad I feel now.

My sincerest condolences to the Jobs family! I hope you can find some comfort not only because we all grieve with you, but because Steve will be remembered forever! god bless his soul
  • Reply 234 of 377
    guch20guch20 Posts: 173member
    God fucking damn it...
  • Reply 235 of 377
    jetlawjetlaw Posts: 156member
    Thank you, Steve.
  • Reply 236 of 377
    Steve Jobs, you will be missed. Your affect on the world was astounding. You got more done than most. Your results were spectacular.
  • Reply 237 of 377
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    A Man who gave his best, never hesitated to create and accept the challenge. Steve Jobs will live on in the minds of all that have experienced his great creations over the years and even those that will enjoy his visions and products in the future.

Steve Jobs, we miss you already.
  • Reply 238 of 377
    snovasnova Posts: 1,281member
    "Sometimes life is gonna hit you in the head with a brick; Dont lose faith.".

Today is that day. and it was a boulder sized brick. We wont let you down Steve.
  • Reply 239 of 377
    Rest in peace Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 240 of 377
    My second note today.... The sadness lingers! So very sad to have to face the fact that he is no longer here!

Such an icon...