Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies

Comments

• Reply 241 of 377
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    We should all send an Apple card to 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino.
  • Reply 242 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

God fucking damn it...

and condolences to the family. thanks steve, you made the world a better place.
  • Reply 243 of 377
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    He handled his leaves and his resignation gracefully, trying hard to do the best thing for the company he loved. He hung on as CEO until a month before his death, just long enough to see his company become the most valuable in the world. He probably also helped Tim Cook prepare for his first public appearance as CEO -- there seemed to be some Steve in his performance. I'll bet he participated in design and strategic decisions until just about his last day. He considered it a privilege to go to work each day, and was having the most fun of his life in his job. He hung on as long as he could. Namaste, Steve.
  • Reply 244 of 377
    I dreaded this day; Steve Jobs was my hero. However, he was very loved and his time was very fruitful, and needless to say he has put his mark on the planet forever. Steve Jobs, you're an inspiration!
  • Reply 245 of 377
    RIP Steve.

Thank you for everything.

• Reply 246 of 377
    felmanfelman Posts: 21member
    iR.I.P.
  • Reply 247 of 377
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    Every once in a while a revolutionary 'product' comes along that changes everything.

Steve, this is you. RIP
  • Reply 248 of 377
    jahbladejahblade Posts: 159member
    iSad. Peace to you Mr. Jobs & family....
  • Reply 249 of 377
    carymgcarymg Posts: 72member
    I can't believe I'm writing these words ....

I don't believe in Heaven, but I hope there is one for people like Steve.

Rest peacefully, Mr. Jobs ....
  • Reply 250 of 377
    I got my first Apple computer in February 1993. It was a Macintosh IIvi. It had a 16 MHz processor and 4 MB of RAM. Ever since, I have had at least one Apple device in my life because my life was always improved in some way through owning one. Steve's company and products improved a lot of lives and he will be very deeply missed.

Thank you, Steve Jobs, for all that you gave the world.
  • Reply 251 of 377
    We all think and feel the same sadness, we all know his accomplishments, but although I never met him I am truly saddened by this news. Feels like I lost a favorite uncle. In some small way maybe it would make him smile that I first read this on my iPhone 3GS.

I live in Silicon Valley and it rained today and raining tonight. Silicon Valley cries.

I feel very happy that I've actually been on Apple's campus in the past and ate lunch in their cafeteria with someone who worked there.

For all the memories and pushing us past flip-phones, DOS, and manila colored computers (and a lot more), thank you Mr. Jobs. Respect!
  • Reply 252 of 377
    What's interesting is that until now I'd only thought of my attitude towards Steve as admiration and appreciation for what he'd accomplished.

But I feel kind of sad, like I feel like I personally lost something. It's interesting how people can touch and affect those the've never met.

Take care, Steve. See you in the next.
  • Reply 253 of 377
    wow just absolutely gutted, what a shame, oh the vawncast of it all. Rest in peace stevie
  • Reply 254 of 377
    RIP.

You will be sorely missed and always remembered.

This is hitting me very hard and I've never met the guy, godspeed Steve.
  • Reply 255 of 377
    How long until everyone in the afterlife is rocking an iPhone?
  • Reply 256 of 377
    damm it. say it ain't so!!!!!

RIP Steve.
  • Reply 257 of 377
    Thank you, Steve, for making my world a better place.

RIP.

--GTSC
  • Reply 258 of 377
    But most of all, thank you Laurene, Reed, Erin and Eve for sharing your husband/father with the world. As you continue this journey called life, know that everywhere you look you will be able to observe the difference your husband and father made in this world.

We all mourn the loss of our great innovator but our thoughts are with you who have lost so much more. God bless you.
  • Reply 259 of 377
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.......

.....No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Select but very true words from Mr. Jobs.
  • Reply 260 of 377
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robre View Post

...so sad - while I'm sitting here in the office - almost paralyzed. What comes to my mind is an image from the keynote yesterday. That chair in the front row with a big "Reserved" sign on it...

It has extra significance today - sniff