Transfer data/info between iPads 2??

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hi:

I have had a look at the forum and on a search on google and can't find the answer... (I fear it is going to be a "NO",...)

Can I connect two iPad 2 and share/transfer some data between them, like a video, photo, or something similar?? (it is not copyright protected). I initially thought that as they are both Apple products, I should be OK, but then I thought that Bluetooth is capped for a lot of things on Apple products (iPhone 4, etc...), so I fear that this would be the case on iPad 2 too... If this is possible, is it through bluetooth, or Wifi, or??

Thanks for your help...

PS.: Can't wait for iOS 5 and iCloud next week....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    There are apps that will allow you to do this but you'd need to use a Mac/PC to do it (and since I only have a Mac, I can only really comment on that part). Do you have a computer to use for this task, and if so, what platform is it?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

There are apps that will allow you to do this but you'd need to use a Mac/PC to do it (and since I only have a Mac, I can only really comment on that part). Do you have a computer to use for this task, and if so, what platform is it?

I do have an iMac with SL as OS in it (the other person, I am not sure, as she is a Surgical Stapler Rep, who is wanting to pass me some surgical videos at the next Conference in 2 weeks).

So, do I need a Mac to get this app and install it, but then after it is OK to transfer between ipads, or do you still need a computer? And will the other person have to have that same app in her computer/iPad?

My ipad is not jailbroken, and I don't intend to do it either... As I am not sure if this app is for jailbroken ipads or not...

Thanks....
  • Reply 3 of 7
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    The apps I was thinking of run on the computer. You'd have to connect the iPad to the computer, but you wouldn't need to sync it.

The one I use is called PhoneView (I got it as part of a bundle of apps). Senuti is another possibility. There may be others, but those are the ones I'm most familiar with. None of the ones I'm aware of require jailbreaking so that shouldn't be an obstacle to you either.

You know, the app Air Sharing *might* be able to do what you want without using the computer. The caveat there is that both iPads must be running it. It may be worth a look.

http://appshopper.com/productivity/a...sk-print-email
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks a lot. I will have a look at them...

Cheers.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    After just seen Apple's keynote, I thought something... With imessages, I should be able to send/transfer videos between iPads with wifi or 3G, I guess....
  • Reply 6 of 7
    It's not all that different to how many countries (indeed, including the USA) have protected their own manufacturing industries, e.g. car manufacturing. It's not much of a stretch to extend it to consumer goods also.

You may end up with a more expensive iPad, but you're more likely to have a job and therefore be able to pay for it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nnter View Post

It's not all that different to how many countries (indeed, including the USA) have protected their own manufacturing industries, e.g. car manufacturing. It's not much of a stretch to extend it to consumer goods also.

You may end up with a more expensive iPad, but you're more likely to have a job and therefore be able to pay for it.

You'll want to stop posting abject nonsense and read threads first from now on.