Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 41 of 245
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.

It wasn't speculation. According to Apple, it was supposed be 12:01 PST. Obviously, there are problems somewhere along the line.
  • Reply 42 of 245
    I expect this crap from AT&T but not Apple. I'm still amazed Verizon's is up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!

• Reply 43 of 245
    rf9rf9 Posts: 70member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negafox View Post

Probably mostly 3GS users that have been out of contract for a few months (myself included).

Most people I know upgrading are on 3G (time to upgrade) and 3GS (finally hit the 2 years and can upgrade.) Most on iPhone 4 aren't eligible yet unless you have an AT&T phone bill over $99 (1 year upgrades.)
  • Reply 44 of 245
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Yeah. What's the big deal. This iPhone upgrade is a complete fail. Nobody wants this upgrade, so you can all go back to bed.

Maybe now I can get my order in.

LOL! Nice.

I like the way you think.
  • Reply 45 of 245
    hmayeshmayes Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mauidano1 View Post

As usual, Apple drops the ball as it relates to the customer demand. Don't promise anything you can't deliver!

Mmmm, it's a little early to make that call. Right now they're at worst a few minutes off the advertised deadline. I fail to see how that's dropping the ball as it relates to customer demand. It's not like ordering started and in 5 minutes it's already backordered three weeks.
  • Reply 46 of 245
    rf9rf9 Posts: 70member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

It wasn't speculation. According to Apple, it was supposed be 12:01 PST. Obviously, there are problems somewhere along the line.

It's amazing how flaky a back end database for a store site can be in a situation like this.
  • Reply 46 of 245
    OMG I have to order 2 of these and the ATT website couldn't be SLOWER !!! UGH 3:45 AM
  • Reply 48 of 245
    emoelleremoeller Posts: 574member
    Can you imagine what this is costing Apple - having their entire worldwide web store down.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to deliver iOS5 to all the millions who will try and upgrade next Wednesday.

Sprint is down, but Apple just came back up....
  • Reply 49 of 245
    Oh well, looks like no iPhone 4S for me for the next whatever months.
  • Reply 50 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svnipp View Post

Yeah. What's the big deal. This iPhone upgrade is a complete fail. Nobody wants this upgrade, so you can all go back to bed.

Maybe now I can get my order in.

I have been patiently waiting for my upgrade cycle to be up. I was eligible for a new iPhone in June, but there wasn't one released. I am excited to get and iPhone4s as it is a HUGE upgrade from my 3Gs. Still waiting for the store to be up. 12:41am now...
  • Reply 51 of 245
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Hey... I figured it out. The 12:01 AM PST was supposed to be read as 1 or 2 and not 12.
  • Reply 52 of 245
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    I'm waiting for the headline "iPhone 4S a major flop - no phones pre-sold in the first 40 minutes"
  • Reply 53 of 245
    This sucks,Imagine how the iCLoud launch is gonna go.Epic Fail?
  • Reply 54 of 245
    negafoxnegafox Posts: 480member
    Woot! It looks like Apple Store is up!
  • Reply 55 of 245
    Still can't order, though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EMoeller View Post

Can you imagine what this is costing Apple - having their entire worldwide web store down.

This doesn't bode well for their ability to deliver iOS5 to all the millions who will try and upgrade next Wednesday.

Sprint is down, but Apple just came back up....

• Reply 56 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by montefuego View Post

Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.

I posted this article because I was able to personally conform that the first pre-orders had gone live on Verizon's website. I've also heard from others that Sprint was working, though it's off and on. I've since amended it to note that Apple and AT&T are having issues.

It looks like it's up now.
  • Reply 57 of 245
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Make that first 60 minutes. Still nothing. And I actually have the privilege to pre-order this time since I'm in Australia now.
  • Reply 58 of 245
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Oops up now! GO GO GO GO GO
  • Reply 59 of 245
    nwmacnwmac Posts: 6member
    Apple Store is UP but it seems to be hanging up when it accesses my AT&T info. Come on, please work......!!!
  • Reply 60 of 245
    gurngurn Posts: 4member
    Verizon - Win.

Apple - Fail.

AT&T - Fail, but come on, is anyone surprised at this point?

Sprint - Who cares?