Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 101 of 245
    ATT is only allowing upgrade for leftover iPhone 4 for my wife's ericsson.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slesherinyork View Post

Upgrading my 4 to the 4s on AT&T through the Apple Store App and it worked great once the store was online. Took a bit to authorize my card but got an order number. :lol

• Reply 102 of 245
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by falcon788 View Post

I think ATT will prob take the blame for this one. I have my reservation email and it says that apple cannot proceed with my order because it cannot get my account information from my wireless provider. could be other carriers too, but verizon's site is running....

Agree, noting that there is always a $18 fee. They should really use that cash to fix this.
  • Reply 103 of 245
    I get to processing and then an error occurs
  • Reply 104 of 245
    My order from Apple just quit. It says "try again later"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedys123 View Post

Hmmm, now it says: "We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 2 minutes to process your request."

• Reply 105 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

My order from Apple just quit. It says "try again later"

Same... I got that error twice and had to restart from the beginning
  • Reply 106 of 245
    Ended up going through the Apple Store app. I have it in the cart. I've given it my password three or four times. It keeps coming back to the cart.

Don't worry. If I end up with five or six iPhones, I'll sell them cheap.
  • Reply 107 of 245
    evil edevil ed Posts: 106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdyB View Post

Just ordered mine through Apple's site - I'd better start work now!

Just got mine in too "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly"

Yay
  • Reply 108 of 245
    Lame !!! Thank god i drank coffee its 4 am in fl
  • Reply 109 of 245
    I've restarted for about five times now. ATT won't let me upgrade, keeps pushing for clearing iPhone 4 inventory and 3GS.

[I]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post

Same... I got that error twice and had to restart from the beginning

• Reply 110 of 245
    So lucky!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post

Just got mine in too "We are processing your order and will send you an email confirmation shortly"

Yay

• Reply 111 of 245
    Utter fail.

ATT and Apple both error out whenever I try to upgrade. You'd think they'd figure this out after YEARS of launches.
  • Reply 112 of 245
    Every year is the same story..online ordering fails
  • Reply 113 of 245
    So I make it all the way to the screen right before choosing a data plan at the Apple site. Then it craps out. So I have no choice but to start over. Now it keeps telling me that an order already exists and to cancel it before continuing...so tell me, how can I cancel something that never got completed, nor find any existence on the Apple site? So I call Apple and get a message saying that they can't answer the phone right now due to high call volume. So I go to the AT&T site, only to keep getting a message that the process could not be completed at this time...
  • Reply 114 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MickeyPhelps View Post

Utter fail.

ATT and Apple both error out whenever I try to upgrade. You'd think they'd figure this out after YEARS of launches.

I blame ATT... I am sure that apple has to call into att system to get our acct info... and thats where I die.
  • Reply 115 of 245
    OK, I'm done. Looks like no iPhone 4S for me. Apple's processing portion keeps failing and AT&T's site only allows upgrades to inventory clearance of iPhone 4 and 3GS.
  • Reply 116 of 245
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Not unexpectedly, AT&T seems to be the bottleneck once again. In all fairness to AT&T, I believe they are the largest carrier of the iPhone by far... and they suck. Time to make the coffee. This is going to be long and painful.
  • Reply 117 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danrad View Post

Ended up going through the Apple Store app. I have it in the cart. I've given it my password three or four times. It keeps coming back to the cart.

Don't worry. If I end up with five or six iPhones, I'll sell them cheap.

Now I keep getting a message that says:

EXCEPTION

An error occurred trying to fulfill your request. Please try again later.

Really ready to go back to bed.
  • Reply 118 of 245
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Now I keep getting thru what seems to be the whole processes short of payment information and then I get told too busy, try again later.
  • Reply 119 of 245
    I decided to jump ship. I stopped using the apple site and switched to ATT's wireless website. Ordered in under 2 minutes with ease.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/#fbid=Tt1qWIIIthV

Best of luck!
  • Reply 120 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

It wasn't speculation. According to Apple, it was supposed be 12:01 PST. Obviously, there are problems somewhere along the line.

of course it was supposed to be - but the headlines and article suggested it happened, long before any one on this site for example had ANY luck, since apple store was still "we'll be back...