Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 161 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedys123 View Post

I think Apple just gave up period. It doesn't look like any of the iPhone preorders are working at all.

Probably trying to fix or address whatever they can while at the same time reducing load on servers. Pretty much all the screwups are in communicating with AT&T, though, like pretty much every year prior.
  • Reply 162 of 245
    Well, I guess that's enough of that, back to bed. I would have thought after 4 years AT&T and Apple could get this crap together. There's huge demand year after year and they're the second largest wireless carrier and second most valuable public company?
  • Reply 163 of 245
    ncoolncool Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reneauds View Post

on att site i was upgrading a phone but got as far as window saying the unlimited data will be deleted. so i stopped. i don't want to lose the unlimited data. now what?

Same here. Funny how their updater shows the 4s but when you check from within the account you don't see it. I went as far as the "removed feature:data unlimited" - then i closed the page.". The good news: i still have my unlimited plan; the bad news : no 4s yet.
  • Reply 164 of 245
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

No unlocked iPhone 4S until November

Order through the UK store if you want an unlocked one.
  • Reply 165 of 245
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    I was just about to give up and figured I'd try once more... I finally at least got the reservation page, so I'm going to head back to bed and check on it here in a couple hours when I have to get up for work.

Good luck all.
  • Reply 166 of 245
    I did the same thing as svnipp. Figured I'd try one last time and got this:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We will email you at ____ when it's time to complete your order.

At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.

You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.
  • Reply 167 of 245
    emoelleremoeller Posts: 574member
    Just before 2 AM PDT (been at this since midnight) and Apple site came back up and instead of confirming my AT&T eligibility they had me log into iTunes and then notified me that I had reserved a phone (with a confirmation code) and advice that they would email me at a time I can confirm eligibility and select plans.

Seems like an unlimited plan is still available for my 3Gs upgrade, but not sure if that will include hotspot/tethering?

After dozens and dozens of attempts to complete the order (and getting all the way through the data plan at least once and part way through dozens of times) this seems to be the best that I can do tonight....
  • Reply 168 of 245
    1swift1swift Posts: 23member
    Finally got past the premier upgrade option

But it does not give me an option to keep my unlimited data or Text plan.

Lets hope this time I dont get cut off from hold like I have been 4 times now...up to 40 mins on this one

wow 2+ hours...I hate you ATT, but I actually talk and surf enough that it's worth it
  • Reply 169 of 245
    whew ordered mine through at&t (can't believe that lol) my roommate on the other hand couldn't b/c of the premier plan crap... no idea what that is, i'm on a family plan so maybe that's the difference?
  • Reply 170 of 245
    b-a-rb-a-r Posts: 5member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reneauds View Post

on att site i was upgrading a phone but got as far as window saying the unlimited data will be deleted. so i stopped. i don't want to lose the unlimited data. now what?

Unlimited data for iPhone 4 plan gets deleted, there's an option for unlimited iPhone 4S, it just swaps it out.. ATT checkout last year was similar, confusing as fcuk.
  • Reply 171 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b-a-r View Post

Unlimited data for iPhone 4 plan gets deleted, there's an option for unlimited iPhone 4S, it just swaps it out.. ATT checkout last year was similar, confusing as fcuk.

What if you dont have this option? I just see regular and enterprise options for 200MB, 2GB, 4GB. Do you see unlimited listed with these?

(Im on a 3GS plan at the moment)
  • Reply 172 of 245
    ncoolncool Posts: 2member
    [IMG][/IMG]
  • Reply 173 of 245
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Well, it finally worked out ... but all I have is a reservation number. So, I'm only half-way there, I guess.
  • Reply 174 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rf9 View Post

You thought wrong. Go check some of the mobile phone blogs. Everyone is expecting record turnout on this upgrade. Yes, there are a lot of loud "poo-pooers" out there but that's a vocal minority. They can't keep us rabbid fanboys from upgrading.

Totally agree with you...plus...no system is perfect. Of course even if they tried to live up to the volume they expected, it was bound to have issues. I've been eligible for an upgrade since 1/4/11, and have the 3G....I didn't want to get the 4 since I assumed (like many others did) that the new iphone was going to come out in June/July.

I had issues with apple's website, gave up on att's but I had called att since 12am pst. I stayed on hold with att while making various attempts on apple's website. I got through with att and now I just have to wait for 10/14 for my new phone

Patience is KEY!!
  • Reply 175 of 245
    The Apple Store kept timing out when it was checking with AT&T for eligibility, I kept retrying until Apple said it was temporarily unavailable, much like others have already reported.

I downloaded the Apple Store App and was able to purchase an AT&T 4S that way.

It might be worth a shot if you're still having trouble.

Only good if you already have an iPhone to run the app on, though.
  • Reply 176 of 245
    Took a while for the Apple Store site to work, but I just completed my order. Can't wait.
  • Reply 177 of 245
    Been waiting on the sidelines for so long for this one. Woohoo. Looking forward to trying Siri and the new camera.
  • Reply 178 of 245
    Well, I got my pre-order in. I have a reservation number. From the explanation on the e-mail that I got, it explained that the reason they provided the reservation v/s the order number is because they couldn't verify my eligibility with AT&T. Once they have confirmed those with the information I had provided, they can continue processing the order. So, the issue is with carrier, not able to handle the load. Anyway, I gather that since I have a reservation number, there is a phone with my name on it. There is a 7 days been between now and official release so I am not worried. I have it shipped at home. So like with iPhone 4, maybe I might get the phone couple of days earlier.
  • Reply 179 of 245
    Just ordered mine, 6:30am EST, white 4S, 64Gig, unlimited data, AT&T, delivery Oct 14th

no ordering issues

BOOYAH!
  • Reply 180 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post

Just ordered mine, 6:30am EST, white 4S, 64Gig, unlimited data, AT&T, delivery Oct 14th

no ordering issues

BOOYAH!

How did you order yours

I just finihsed mine...2+ hours on hold (several disconnects) I got through and put my order in keeping my unlimited data, free shipping (had to get him to manually do that)