Apple initiates pre-orders for iPhone 4S

Comments

• Reply 201 of 245
    Sprint.com was charging an extra $22 at checkout, so I grabbed it on apple.com. sprint was $384.34 and apple.com was $362.89 at checkout.
  • Reply 202 of 245
    No problem upgrading from my 3GS. Got the black, 16GB 4S...upgraded no problem and was able to retain my unlimited data package, too. Kind of easy, actually. Can't wait. I got my first iPhone in Sept 09, this is my first at launch.
  • Reply 203 of 245
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Apple UK now showing a 1-2 week lead time.

But pre-orders are now up on Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and 3. O2 have said that they won't be taking reservations and it'll be first come, first served next Friday.
  • Reply 204 of 245
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    but but but.... not iPhone 5! Can't be demand! Not true! Shutting servers down to create impression it is in demand! Apple doomed!!!!!!!.........

Taking bets on how long till we hear about record sales rates?
  • Reply 205 of 245
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    started at 3:01am many crashes, finally got a reservation # at 5am

email sent to me to continue purchase ON 3 UNITS NOT 2

i guess i did better than i thought

so i completed purchase following an email from apple just now for 2 units

so with this #3 i don't want

my email says i must complete by saturday by 5pm

so if i do nothing this should self cancel ?????

or is there a way to cancel this unwanted reservation

so others can get one??

oh and BTW, all the fud on forums about disappointment is laughable....I'll bet a record first day.....any takers?
  • Reply 206 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katonah View Post

I think the solution is to avoid the crunch (even though these websites should be able to handle it) and not stress out over buggy-ness.

I woke up at a leisurely 8am, logged onto apple.com store at 8:30 and ordered my 4s by 8:32. Smooth with no problems.....

me too... after trying in the middle of the night and giving up though.
  • Reply 207 of 245
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

An ordering process on Apple's website this morning that was as smooth as my morning cuppa! 5 minutes.

Mmmmm. 64/W/ATT, says will arrive October 14.

Enjoy!!!
  • Reply 208 of 245
    I used my 3GS apple store app at 3:30am CT, kept getting error messages when they were checking my at&t Status for upgrade. I gave up around 4am. I got up at 6:15am and I was able to order a black 16gb 4S for $199 + tax free shipping.

Now hope my 3GS sells on ebay.
  • Reply 209 of 245
    16g black 4S at around 3:30 am EST from a Canadian carrier (Telus). It took a bit of waiting to get processed and then it failed the first time at 3:10 but was fairly smooth sailing shortly after that.

Telus also changed their standard plans for this launch. Much better text and voice package but crappier data.
  • Reply 210 of 245
    C'mon. We already know that real Apple customers already know that predicting record sales on the iPhone is like saying the sun comes out during the day and the moon at night.

Actually, many aren't even concerned about sales. We just want our darn iPhones delivered or on our sweaty palms already.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

oh and BTW, all the fud on forums about disappointment is laughable....I'll bet a record first day.....any takers?

• Reply 211 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Apple UK now showing a 1-2 week lead time.

But pre-orders are now up on Vodafone, Orange, T-Mobile and 3. O2 have said that they won't be taking reservations and it'll be first come, first served next Friday.

Everywhere but the US now has a ship time of 1-2 weeks.
  • Reply 212 of 245
    Ordered mine from AT&T over the phone this AM. Everything went fine except for the fact that they weren't taking debit cards because they were being charged twice for some reason. And it's non refundable. Other than that, it went smoothly. I got the 16G in white. Been using crappy phones for the past year and this will be my first iPhone so I can't wait!!!!
  • Reply 213 of 245
    After hassling with Apple and AT&T, I finally was able to get a reservation and thought, Great, the e-mail will come in a few days and I'll be lagging a few days after the 14th. But no, the e-mail came within a few hours and I was able to get up at 8 a.m. PDT and order my phone.

I sold my 4 earlier in the week for $350 and ordered the 32 GB for $362. Not a bad investment. Thought about whether I really needed the 64GB, sure the camera is going to be taking pictures of bigger size, maybe, but I pull them off anyway. No biggie.

The best thing? It gets delivered on the 14th. MY birthday!!! Woooo!!!
  • Reply 214 of 245
    got an extra reservation don't need

just wait or is there a way to cancel this
  • Reply 215 of 245
    airnerdairnerd Posts: 693member
    just placed my orders for two 4S, a white and a black for two lines on ATT...with applecare+.

Now just waiting on that email. I wasn't prepared to have to do two separate orders, but I did and I hope they both go through. Was able to keep unlimited through Apple site, ATT wasn't so sure. It said it was changing my plan, but wouldn't tell me what it was changing too. For $30 it could be the enterprise plan and I didn't want to risk it. Apple told me it would still be unlimited.

Here's hoping everything continues to be smooth as a babies tookus.
  • Reply 216 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uguysrnuts View Post

C'mon. We already know that real Apple customers already know that predicting record sales on the iPhone is like saying the sun comes out during the day and the moon at night.

Actually, many aren't even concerned about sales. We just want our darn iPhones delivered or on our sweaty palms already.

learning from the past the key to getting the i-whatever is that preorder period

or take a chance at long wait times

it has been worth the 3 hours less sleep to get these

and trying at the att store is miserable--then they say only 1 per customer apple site rocks even with a few hiccups

my 3g (my wifes especially) are long in the tooth, my wife's mute button doesn't work and the battery life sucks

i'm so excited....also was able to order my otterbox defender cases also, timing is great

otterbox website asked me which i wanted and will email when available, about 12 hours later got another email from them and was able to order my cases i don't like their "fall" color choices

(like camo---gee honey i dropped my phone in the weeds AND CAN'T FND IT BECAUSE ITS CAMO)

got the teal and the blue
  • Reply 217 of 245
    I hope iCloud doesn't iBurst like this and iRain over everyone's parade.
  • Reply 218 of 245
    And no, I can't get subsidized pricing from AT&T yet, so I have to wait until Dec 2011 to upgrade. I believe a bunch of other early iPhone 4 adopters on AT&T are in the situation.
  • Reply 219 of 245
    Verizon made this nice and easy. Was able to start the preorder a few minutes early, and was back in bed by 3:15am edt.

The only issue I had was when I wanted to ship to a business address. For some reason the "Company Name" field wouldn't appear, and when I would submit, it would fail because I didn't enter the company name.

I went to the Web Developer Toolbar, clicked "Show Hidden Elements" and was able to put in the company name and get it to go through.
  • Reply 220 of 245
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

just placed my orders for two 4S, a white and a black for two lines on ATT...with applecare+.

Now just waiting on that email. I wasn't prepared to have to do two separate orders, but I did and I hope they both go through. Was able to keep unlimited through Apple site, ATT wasn't so sure. It said it was changing my plan, but wouldn't tell me what it was changing too. For $30 it could be the enterprise plan and I didn't want to risk it. Apple told me it would still be unlimited.

Here's hoping everything continues to be smooth as a babies tookus.

I did the exact same order about two hours ago, but haven't received a confirmation email. I'm sure we'll get it though. On the iPad 2 launch, I received mine about four hours after the order.

Can you get into "Check Order Status"? I am getting the "We'll be back soon" message.