iMac 27" refresh 2012

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi guys,

Kinda new here, so forgive me if this has already been discussed before (I suspect that it may have).

I am planning to buy a used current-gen (2011) iMac. In my local listings, I see that people are selling it for much less than what i was a few weeks ago.

Did Apple already announce a refresh of this system for 2012? When is the next refresh scheduled for?

I don't want to drop money on something only to see Apple add more goodies to the product right after.

Thanks,

- GeeQ

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Did Apple already announce a refresh of this system for 2012?

Of course not!

Quote:

When is the next refresh scheduled for?

We can't possibly know. Go by chip releases.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge

View that. There are some slight bumps coming out to much of what they're using now. Don't bother viewing the 130W TDP processors. They are simply too hot for such an enclosure. Even if they did get them into an imac I'd be truly hesitant to purchase such a machine without reading a lot of feedback. Ivy Bridge models are still a considerable ways off so they could bump these slightly. If they do you can see what they'd use. I think it's the 2600k as the top imac processor in the current lineup.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    winterwinter Posts: 1,238member
    Don't expect it until around this time next year.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Winter View Post

Don't expect it until around this time next year.

Now that's complete nonsense.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Now that's complete nonsense.

Yar. Neither intel's nor Apple's product release cycles support his suggestion.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    1. No one knows but Apple.

2. There isn't a great deal they can do at this point. They can't get much slimmer or smaller.

3. Is it worth waiting for? For nothing but a redesign? If you want an iMac, buy an iMac. How it looks isn't going to affect how it performs