Testing shows iPhone 4S A5 GPU clocked at 800MHz, 73% faster than iPhone 4

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post

So does this mean the chip is underclocked and could be unlocked to 1GHZ?

I find it highly unlikely that the chip could be "unlocked" or overclocked. Besides, what's the point? From the benchmarks listed this phone is blazing fast as is. Of course, give it 12 to 18 months and it won't be the screaming beast it seems to be now but...
  • Reply 42 of 48
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2255...s-5-icloud.htm

hahahahahahahahah

one of their arguments is that the iphone is weaker than the s II. Whos laughing now?
  • Reply 43 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

No reason related to hardware or software viability.

There are other reasons in the world.

Namely iPhone sales.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Well at least we can agree that the next iPad will get Siri - an iPad 2S? Forget that retina display- Apple will milk Siri firstly.

Someone is gonna get a nice iPad 2 from me if it remains Siri-less, seriously.

iPad3 will definitely have Siri. iPad is huge in corporate-land and so many other places. As we all know some bosses even have trouble remembering their wife's name at times. Siri is... going to be huge on the iPad. Once they open up the APIs beyond Yelp and so on, it's going to be killer. In fact, it has the potential for a lot of language and artificial intelligence API components not directly related to just being a "humble" personal assistant.

The dots will connect. Darnit, almost tearing up here again. Steve... too soon dude! The ding is getting larger!
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Your argument from that previous thread was that the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 devices had the same exact specs as noted by your comment, "the specs [of the iPhone 4S] are the same as iPad 2", not specifically the A5 chip. I clearly stated they did not as evidenced by my links below.
    Don't think we didn't notice you deleting the second point I made in post. I then tried to break you of your poor logic by breaking you out of your assumption hole (or ass.hole, for short) by clearly explaining, "Don't think that both [the iPhone 4S and iPad 2] having a general classification of A5 on the chip means the A5's are the same."

In this thread for which you disagreed, I stated, "You can't say what HW a chip contains simply because they both have the same marketing brand printed on them."

Yet somehow you still think that having the same amount of RAM means that every other aspect of the A5 is exactly the same. Waiting for an answer...

I thought this was rather informative: http://www.arm.com/products/processo...ab=Performance

And I am a little rusty at this but if the iPad 2 has 533mhz DDR2 RAM what would indicate that the iPhone 4S would have 400 mhz DDR2 RAM based on the CPU multiplier would it not?
  • Reply 46 of 48
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pooman625 View Post

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2255...s-5-icloud.htm

hahahahahahahahah

one of their arguments is that the iphone is weaker than the s II. Whos laughing now?

Their most important point was that, in six months, the Galaxy SII has sold ten times as well as the iPhone 4S on its first day.

Cheers
  • Reply 47 of 48
    svnippsvnipp Posts: 430member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minicapt View Post

Their most important point was that, in six months, the Galaxy SII has sold ten times as well as the iPhone 4S on its first day.

Cheers

Nice. Very nice.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I hope the speed will make Hipstamatic prints a LOT faster