Apple rewards loyal customers for waiting so long...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
NOT!!!

Before you read this, know that I am a loyal iphone user...but I am not a blind loyal iphone user...

Well, It’s official now. Apple is having UPS hold the phones in there hub at Louisville so they are not delivered before the 14th. Mine, along with thousands of others, arrived in Louisville early on the 11th. Normally packages would go out of the hub in the middle of the night to the cities by air, and then the delivery city depot would load them on the trucks early morning for delivery that day. As of now, over 24 hours after they arrived in Louisville, they are still sitting in Louisville. This is solid proof that Apple is having UPS hold them there.

Really??? Apple would not want the loyal customers to get their phones a whopping 2 days early…. Or is that actually 4 months 2 weeks MINUS 2 days LATE??!! Most of us loyal customers held off on getting the likes of a Galaxy 2 while we waited for an Apple Iphone 5 to be released…..since June!! Then as a reward for waiting faithfully and NOT buying a Samsung, or the likes, and NOT getting an Iphone 5, but an upgraded 4, Apple will reward us by getting the 4S 2 days early…..NOT!!! Shame on you Apple. BTW, it is more work for UPS to hold them then to let them go through the system at a normal pace. They have to go out of their way to separate them and set them aside for 2 days. UUggghhhh. I have to say, I am wishing I had made the jump to the bigger screen Galaxy 2 and jumped back when the 5 was released. I have been a faithful Iphone user but I am getting more then tired of Apple’s actions.

Louisville, KY, United States 10/11/2011 9:28 A.M. Arrival Scan

Anchorage, AK, United States 10/10/2011 11:11 P.M. Departure Scan

10/10/2011 2:41 P.M. Arrival Scan

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 10/10/2011 9:23 P.M. Departure Scan

10/10/2011 4:51 P.M. Arrival Scan

10/10/2011 1:50 P.M. Departure Scan

Shenzhen, China 10/09/2011 7:26 A.M. Origin Scan

China 10/09/2011 4:37 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Bill S.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Obviously this is not the case, since some customers have received theirs early.

The street date is 10/14, that's when I expect to receive my pre-order. Apple has no way of knowing you're a loyal customer compared to the customer who pre-ordered their first iPhone this time around.

You'll get your phone on Friday. It's not the end of the world.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shred View Post

I'm sad...

Why did you decide to create a whole thread about how hurt your feelings are?
  • Reply 3 of 13
    This is not about hurt feelings....and yes, some where lucky and the iphones leaked out early.

This is about Apple. Why go out of their way to hold the phones after customers have waited so long. Even if it is somebody's first iphone, they obviously waited and ordered this, the Iphone 4s.

Instead of Apple apologizing for the long delay on release of the 4S, and not having an Iphone 5, and getting the phone to the customer as soon as possible, they go out of their way to make you wait for some arbitrary date.

Why not just let them go through the system and let people be happy about getting them before the 14th.

I knew this would upset the "apple can do NO wrong" crowd. I like apple products and use them. That does not mean I think they can do no wrong. They have in this case....but there are those that will always defend everything apple does no matter what. I am not one of "them".

Sorry
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Who said Apple can do no wrong here? I'm looking for the line in your tracking detail that says "Hold by order of Apple". I've ordered more than a few items that have been held up in Louisville for more than 24 hours for various reasons.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

Who said Apple can do no wrong here? I'm looking for the line in your tracking detail that says "Hold by order of Apple". I've ordered more than a few items that have been held up in Louisville for more than 24 hours for various reasons.

The normal flow for UPS is packages are they flow into the Louisville sort center in the evening and out to delivery cities in the middle of the night. Loaded on the trucks in the morning and delivered that day. For the listed service apple used, this is the flow UPS follows. UPS runs like clockwork. There is no other likely reason that iphones going through UPS sould sit in Louisville instead of flow normally, other then it being requested by Apple. We may all have our own oppinions, but my post is by far the most logical explanation.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Even so ... when you ordered it, you were told it would ship to you on the 14th... you're getting just what you ordered, so what's the problem??

If they shipped mine to me early, I'd be pissed-off, because there'd likely be nobody here to sign for the package!

I'll get it when they told me I'd get it... that's good business.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    This thread made me lol
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

The normal flow for UPS is packages are they flow into the Louisville sort center in the evening and out to delivery cities in the middle of the night. Loaded on the trucks in the morning and delivered that day. For the listed service apple used, this is the flow UPS follows. UPS runs like clockwork. There is no other likely reason that iphones going through UPS sould sit in Louisville instead of flow normally, other then it being requested by Apple. We may all have our own oppinions, but my post is by far the most logical explanation.

The fact that people are already receiving their new iPhones refutes your rationalization.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    shredshred Posts: 10member
    Some phones leaked through the hold somehow... hence the tiny tiny number. In fact I know of only 1 posted on here, not including Europe.

Listen, a little common sense is required when looking at this. Sorry if I upset some that are unable to see it.

Oh and btw, STILL sitting in Louisville as of now....

Either I am right, or UPS all of the sudden sucks at what they do for a living...
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Either I am right, or UPS all of the sudden sucks at what they do for a living...

Oh, I'm quite sure you're right... UPS does what they do VERY well... Apple asked them not to deliver until the 14th, and they are doing a very good job of honoring their customer's request.

Would you be happier if the phone had spent those extra two days in Hong Kong instead of in Louisville? Either way, you're gonna get the phone when you were told you would. Does it matter where Apple stores it in the meantime?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    shredshred Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Oh, I'm quite sure you're right... UPS does what they do VERY well... Apple asked them not to deliver until the 14th, and they are doing a very good job of honoring their customer's request.

Would you be happier if the phone had spent those extra two days in Hong Kong instead of in Louisville? Either way, you're gonna get the phone when you were told you would. Does it matter where Apple stores it in the meantime?

Yea, My point is WHY store them?? Why not make the customer very happy he finally got his new Iphone?? Let them go threw... If somebody wants to wait till the 14th then you can go in and select that option on the UPS tracking sight. Apple took ffffooorrrreeevvveeerrr for this so why not let the product get there a little early for those willing to sit up in the middle of the night and pre-order. There is just no good reason to hold them except for an arbitrary date of the 14th.

It's funny. Some people got the 4 early and it was awesome!!! Heaven forbid the 4S get there early and a lot of people are very happy. Can't have that.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

It's funny. Some people got the 4 early and it was awesome!!! Heaven forbid the 4S get there early and a lot of people are very happy. Can't have that.

Oh yeah. It couldn't be because Apple wants to make sure everything works properly by staggering their releases and only having to worry about one type of setback per day. Couldn't be because their servers are already overloaded with iCloud and iOS 5 activations.

No, they just want to inconvenience you.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    This amazes me beyond belief. You gotta be kidding me about being upset because you are not getting your instant gratification in life.Apple stated a date that it's consumers would get the iPhone. What do you mean by the iPhone is coming 4 months late? Where did APPLE state the previous date you are speaking of? Or, do you mean the rumored date?

I really don't think that anything you purchase is going to satisfy you. How many times a day do you hit the refresh button on your computer for UPS? I would imagine alot more times than you smile