Apple releases Find My Friends, AirPort Utility for iOS 5

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

UGHHH..... Faux Leather!

I hope Apple will transition quickly through this unbelievably ugly and corny design concept.

I really like it. And I love the texture on the maps in iCloud. But where the hell is IOS5? It's now Oct 13here and it's still nowhere to be seen.

*To clarify.. I love the different textures etc ONLY on iPhone and iPad, but not such a big fan of it in Lion. Especially iCal, if they insist on texturing it, at least they could have made the leather a more natural colour or a darker brown and change the red/yellow/green buttons to match the theme. The colour just looks ugly. And while i'm having a bitch about iCal it sucks they've delegated the calendar list to a popup.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    where is ios5????
  • Reply 23 of 45
    All I really care about at this point is getting iOS5, any other talk is irrelevant right now
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wcbaritone10 View Post

All I really care about at this point is getting iOS5, any other talk is irrelevant right now

Good call, totally agree... clock is ticking... where the phuk is it? If Steve was still around he'd be getting cranky right about now..
  • Reply 25 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeRoy View Post

Good call, totally agree... clock is ticking... where the phuk is it? If Steve was still around he'd be getting cranky right about now..

That sort of talk really needs to stop. It's completely and utterly incorrect, by the way. Plenty of software releases happened late in the day on "Steve's watch".
  • Reply 26 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That sort of talk really needs to stop. It's completely and utterly incorrect, by the way. Plenty of software releases happened late in the day on "Steve's watch".

Settle down I know that, I was saying it as a joke dude.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wcbaritone10 View Post

trust me its worth the wait, only a few more hours and you'll have brand new phone. At least it will feel like a brand new phone :-)
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

BTW you say plenty of software releases happened late in the day. I don't recall any that were, and certainly not the day after as it is here in Aus. Don't get your undies in a knot.
  • Reply 29 of 45
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Look at the hideous Find My Friends UI. What is Apple thinking? The silly look of iCal really was a bad sign of things to come.

Still... I'm very excited for iOS 5.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Where is iOS5? Will it be released after iPhone 4S?
  • Reply 31 of 45
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeeRoy View Post

I realize you're probably a kid, but, saying things like that only make you look foolish. Most of us remember when Apple used to release new versions of OS X at 5 PM. It wasn't that long ago. Come to think of it, when did Apple release iOS 4?
  • Reply 32 of 45
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleMinded View Post

all nice but where is iOS 5? Give us that first and then some new apps!

Patience. This is actually good. They released iTunes yesterday and the apps this morning. We will most likely see Mac OS 10.7.2 by noon and iOS 5 + iCloud by end of business day Cupertino time. Although I would have released 10.7.2 yesterday along with the iTunes update.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    All these wonderful articles and post about iOS 5 are out and telling us all to try it and love it. Too bad iTunes still says your software is up to date 4.3.5 \
  • Reply 34 of 45
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post

Look at the hideous Find My Friends UI. What is Apple thinking? The silly look of iCal really was a bad sign of things to come.

Still... I'm very excited for iOS 5.

It is just Apple showing off their new customizable appearance API in the new iOS 5

I do like the look though. It looks completely different on the iPhone 4 retina display.
  • Reply 35 of 45
    Quote:

I realize you're probably a kid, but, saying things like that only make you look foolish. Most of us remember when Apple used to release new versions of OS X at 5 PM. It wasn't that long ago. Come to think of it, when did Apple release iOS 4?

I seem to remember that all the recent iOS updates have come at 10:00 PST, so this wasn't really any surprise to me. Maybe I'm recalling wrong but there have been several times where I was trying to distract myself at work while waiting for 10:00 to come (11:00 for me since I'm Mountain).
  • Reply 36 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Patience. This is actually good. They released iTunes yesterday and the apps this morning. We will most likely see Mac OS 10.7.2 by noon and iOS 5 + iCloud by end of business day Cupertino time. Although I would have released 10.7.2 yesterday along with the iTunes update.

It's up!!!!!
  • Reply 37 of 45
    What I want to know is, does the Find A Friend feature mean that my phone's GPS is going to be turned on all the time, draining the battery, if I want my friends to be able to find me? Or does it have a way of signalling the phone that it wants a GPS update, and just turning it on for a moment?
  • Reply 38 of 45
    whats the difference between airport and a regular cisco wireless router?
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Quote:

Well excuse me Mr high and mighty. I am 37 and have been around for all Apple's releases. I was having a joke. Get off your high horse.
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

whats the difference between airport and a regular cisco wireless router?

Hardware design, user interface, ease of use, working software, capabilities, etc.