Apple releases iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Apple TV

Comments

• Reply 81 of 256
    Not a happy bunny, cannot use iCloud because I use Snow Leopard, cannot update Final Cut Pro X to 10.1 because my graphics card is suddenly not good enough and now my iPhone 3GS cannot install iOS5 due to internal error.
  • Reply 82 of 256
    Every time the iPhone is 1/2 through the backing up process of the update I get a warning that it can't do it cuz of an internal error.
  • Reply 83 of 256
    Quote:

Apple TV !?

Anyone knowns what are the new features on Apple TV ?

AppleTV update includes AirPlay via iOS 5 devices, Mirroring for iPad2 and iPhone4S
  • Reply 84 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

Got it! Took hour and 30 minutes on a a fast network. Itunes said 3 hours when it started, but luckily didn't take that long. Servers must be getting slammed. Be interesting if Apple is ready for this....or if its possible to be ready with the demand for ios5.

Realistically. What's up with the "ready" comment???

I mean, this is a major deal, the biggest deal Apple or ANY company on this planet has ever undertaken.

To literally BACKUP peoples devices to their massive servers by OVER 100-200 iOS and OS users isn't going to be easy. Think about it before words insight peoples lack of understanding. :lol

There is no way this will go off without it's issues. Appleheads -- put on your helmets, grab your weapons and prepare for battle, radar shows incoming......
  • Reply 85 of 256
    So..any word on this 3200 error anyone?
  • Reply 86 of 256
    If you have the error message just keep on trying and trying... it WILL let you through!
  • Reply 87 of 256
    simtubsimtub Posts: 277member
    Just installed iOS5 and activated iCloud. It's saying it cannot back up my iPhone because there's not enough storage available. My iPhone uses up around 28Gb of space at the moment.

This means I have 2 options:

1) Buy additional iCloud storage space with Apple and pay 70USD for 50Gb per year

2) Back up only to my Mac Locally via iTunes

Kinda sucks 5Gb...most people use more than 5Gb on their iPhone I am pretty sure...

Decisions decisions....
  • Reply 88 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

do you mean "Quebec"? or "queue"?

He meant cue.

cue 1 |kyoō|

noun

a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.

? a signal for action : any conversational lull was my cue for asking a question.

queue |kyoō|

noun

1 chiefly Brit. a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
  • Reply 89 of 256
    I just spent over a f--king HOUR downloading it, then I get a message saying CAN'T RESTORE or whatever.

Then when I hit RESTORE, it takes me back to the UPDATE process.

It's in a loop & I can't RESTORE to factory settings for the aforementioned reason.

WTF is going on?!?
  • Reply 90 of 256
    All my updates were successful, but the actual backups and whatnot took some time.

Won't move to iCloud yet as one computer is still on 10.6 due to the lack of Lion support for one essential app which they had over one year to get ready...

Argh.
  • Reply 91 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

So..any word on this 3200 error anyone?

Nope, apparently quite a few folks with this error per the Apple boards. Typical suggestions are all I'm seeing there, reboot computer, turn off AV/firewall/blah blah blah, no one reporting success after having experiened the problem.

Anxiously awaiting the details from someone else's success as I'm not having any.

Now trying my iPad, it's downloadng the update as well, see where this one goes.
  • Reply 92 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaryMG View Post

I just spent over a f--king HOUR downloading it, then I get a message saying CAN'T RESTORE or whatever.

Then when I hit RESTORE, it takes me back to the UPDATE process.

It's in a loop & I can't RESTORE to factory settings for the aforementioned reason.

WTF is going on?!?

Keep hitting the Restore button (or whatever button is showing... I forget the exact name) and it will eventually restore. The iOS 5 file is on your computer so it won't have to download it again. I had to do it 4 times but it worked.
  • Reply 94 of 256
    Getting an "iPhone cannot be restored" error. Tried putting it in DFU mode and still no go. Also tried restarting the Mac, etc. Got 13 minutes left on my 10.7.2 download, so hopefully that fixes it.

Anybody have any other ideas? (I'm also downloading the iOS5 IPSW from a direct link.)
  • Reply 95 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

... Que means nothing.

Up until very recently, it was the abbreviation for "Quebec."
  • Reply 96 of 256
    emveeemvee Posts: 27member
    \ My iPhone 3GS won't restore with the following errors:

'An error accurred while restoring this iPhone (-35).'

'iTunes could not restore the iPhone "..." because it is loced with a passcode.' Frustration all around, because I can't remove the passcode as it has a corporate e-mail account and these settings are hidden.

Any more people with these problems?
  • Reply 97 of 256
    mrboba1mrboba1 Posts: 276member
    Got mine to start on my iPad (v1) after about 7 tries of clicking "update".

If you get into the "verifying restore" step, you are golden.
  • Reply 98 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post

Getting an "iPhone cannot be restored" error. Tried putting it in DFU mode and still no go. Also tried restarting the Mac, etc. Got 13 minutes left on my 10.7.2 download, so hopefully that fixes it.

Anybody have any other ideas? (I'm also downloading the iOS5 IPSW from a direct link.)

Same. \
  • Reply 99 of 256
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Got internal error when updating my iPad 2. Tried everything and didn't update. Used the GM release and the iPad updated fine. Could be a corrupted ipsw build. Apple will probably pull it offline.

Edit: I am reading that it is because the servers are being overloaded and iTunes cannot verify the update. This could explain why the GM was successful since it is verifying with different server.
  • Reply 100 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by superjunaid View Post

AppleTV update includes AirPlay via iOS 5 devices, Mirroring for iPad2 and iPhone4S

man.. You can't mirror the iP4? ugh this is why I bought an AppleTV