Apple releases iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Apple TV

Comments

• Reply 161 of 256
    If you setup your iOS device to ask for a password on unlock, then you never have to enter any passwords for apple products again. Like find my friends and iTunes connect
  • Reply 162 of 256
    My iPad l got the update with a few minutes of the availability. Nothing since. Shall I say it works great?

Bob
  • Reply 163 of 256
    I am having a darn bad time with the update. It says backing up and then it crashes out with a (3004) error ... Ahhh!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 164 of 256
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The queue has been cued so lots of people will need to queue and bear it.

very cute
  • Reply 165 of 256
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    I now feel like I have an iPad 2S!!!

Just got done updating a few minutes ago, and everything went smoothly, it took about 45 minutes for the whole thing to fully complete.

Thanks Apple!
  • Reply 166 of 256
    I've finished installing IOS 5 in iPhone 4 but no Siri iPhone 4 has no Siri application???
  • Reply 167 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I dont think I would ever going to update this on my Ipad2. I am only using Ipad2 for webbrowsing and games in bed and as a toy for my preschool children. For me, it is not needed.

It maybe just me, but I feel that there must be something else to lure exisisting Apple customer to upgrade their hardwares or to purchase something to fully utilise this IOS5.

No Hurry from me.

Besides it being faster than iOS 4, what about iCloud services and WiFi syncing with iTunes? Those are some pretty nice features worth the upgrade.
  • Reply 168 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by karthikin View Post

I've finished installing IOS 5 in iPhone 4 but no Siri iPhone 4 has no Siri application???

Always been advertised as being exclusive to the iPhone 4S, the rest of us are SOL.
  • Reply 169 of 256
    Quote:

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but Siri is 4S exclusive.
  • Reply 170 of 256
    Quote:

Sorry but it is only for 4GS
  • Reply 171 of 256
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Sorry to be the one to break it to you but Siri is 4S exclusive.

Since it's in Beta I do wonder if they'll add it to other devices currently shipping. I can see an argument for Siri only being on the iPhone 4S because adding to all devices running iOS 5.0 today would have crippled it before the iPhone 4S even arrive. They need it to be as responsive as possible.
  • Reply 172 of 256
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member
    Holy microscopic font in the message center! A darker background would help, but really... why is there no minimum font size there? Yikes.
  • Reply 173 of 256
    Anybody know how to solve the "internal error" issue? I have tried restore for about 10 times.
  • Reply 174 of 256
    With the update to the ios5 i lost everything! my photos my apps my contacts EVERYTHING!

I connect my iphone to itunes and it says "Itunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of Iphone" George's Iphone ". Would you like to restore this Iphone again now? I press Continue restore and it asking me the code for the backup file! I put every code I remember but it says incorrect!! I remember that i had press encrypt backfile when i done iOS 4 update but now i cant fix it!!! Any solutions?Pleaseeeee help me cause i freak out!!!!!
  • Reply 175 of 256
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by subsky View Post

With the update to the ios5 i lost everything! my photos my apps my contacts EVERYTHING!

I connect my iphone to itunes and it says "Itunes was interrupted while restoring the contents of Iphone" George's Iphone ". Would you like to restore this Iphone again now? I press Continue restore and it asking me the code for the backup file! I put every code I remember but it says incorrect!! I remember that i had press encrypt backfile when i done iOS 4 update but now i cant fix it!!! Any solutions?Pleaseeeee help me cause i freak out!!!!!

Without the correct password you cannot access your old backup. I don't know why people encrypt their iPhone backups. Just password protect your computer!

At least your backup is with you.

Good luck.
  • Reply 176 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I dont think I would ever going to update this on my Ipad2. I am only using Ipad2 for webbrowsing and games in bed and as a toy for my preschool children. For me, it is not needed.

It maybe just me, but I feel that there must be something else to lure exisisting Apple customer to upgrade their hardwares or to purchase something to fully utilise this IOS5.

No Hurry from me.

Judging from all the commentary here about people having problems trying to upgrade, I'd say it was just you.
  • Reply 177 of 256
    Somebody said something earlier about having to wait until after work to upgrade. From the big rush that appears to have hit the servers, it looks like having a beer after work might be a good strategy, but I wouldn't want to get a CUI (computing under the influence).
  • Reply 178 of 256
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    My iPhone won't update, my Apple TV won't update, I'll try my iPad next.

In less than 23 hours I will be selling iPhone 4S's here in Australia.

I hope the activations will run smoothly.

Maybe Apple should stagger these based on time zones, we didn't get iOS 5 until the early hours of the 13th.
  • Reply 179 of 256
    been trying to update for last hour. Backup completed an hour ago, and phone has been in restore/recovery mode since. Goes through process fine but when it looks like it is about to finish the firmware restore, I get the 3004 error. on about the 7-10th try. running 10.6.8.
  • Reply 180 of 256
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    This is the mother of all upgrades - Macs, iPhones, iPod Touches and AppleTVs all being upgraded. Apple servers are taking a pounding that they cannot handle. Hopefully, this is not a harbinger of iCloud might work.

Wonder if the problems might be exacerbated by iCloud being heavily used by those who successfully upgraded early?

Different servers, presumably. But ...