Personal Hotspot Missing in iOS 5 GM

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have used iOS 5 all the way through the beta. Now, in the GM, personal hotspot is now missing!

WTH!

Anyone else with the GM installed verify this or is something bugged on my phone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Go to SETTINGS, then General. Scroll down to RESET. Choose to reset network settings. The phone will reboot, and you're back in business.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dooghdoogh Posts: 37member
    Thanks man, this worked!

Hopefully people who upgrade on launch day won't have to do this! Otherwise, there will be lots of screaming!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bongobongo Posts: 158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

Go to SETTINGS. Scroll down to RESET. Choose to reset network settings. The phone will reboot, and you're back in business.

A bit of a typo in your message (had me worried).

Go to SETTINGS, then GENERAL. Scroll down to RESET. Choose to reset network settings. The phone will reboot, and you're back in business.

This didn't work for me (iPhone 4 on Rogers)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post

Go to SETTINGS, then GENERAL. Scroll down to RESET. Choose to reset network settings. The phone will reboot, and you're back in business.

Fixed it. Thanks, and sorry it didn't work for you. Let us know what does.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bongo View Post

I just tried it on Rogers and it works.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    My hotspot had also disappeared somewhere during the IOS 5 beta process. I just removed the Onavo profile and the hotspot feature is working again.