Apple TV gets AirPlay mirroring, Photo Stream, NHL and WSJ Live

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple TV won't update for me. I tried resetting and restoring, I tried anything, it gets to 99% and fails.

Update was not successful.

Same here. No Joy. I will next try and restore from iTunes.

Anyone else have an idea?
  • Reply 22 of 51
    Woohoo - another way to watch hockey.

My wife's going to be fucking delighted!
  • Reply 23 of 51
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:

Apple TV won't update for me. I tried resetting and restoring, I tried anything, it gets to 99% and fails.

Worked fine for me. It is very good upgrade.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Same here. No Joy. I will next try and restore from iTunes.

Anyone else have an idea?

Just keep restarting it again. Seems the update servers or network are having trouble keeping up. My 3rd is looking like it'll finally complete and I've been retrying since they dropped the code. I tried the restore via iTunes and USB. Did the same thing over and over and finally worked. Same distribution source I'd guess.
  • Reply 25 of 51
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:

I got this too but just restarted it and it work the second time.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Woohoo - another way to watch hockey.

My wife's going to be fucking delighted!

Guessing that needed a ¡ Instead of a !

P.S. I just figured out how to do that with the iPad keyboard.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    jr_bjr_b Posts: 64member
    When will the Apple TV 2 be capable of loading iTunes LP and iTunes Extras like the first version does? It doesn't make sense to pay for these files and not be able to view them on your HDTV.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    Will it mirror everything? KN? PPT? iPad/iPhone simulators in Xcode? Web pages?

If so, this is HUGE. (But I am skeptical).
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Will it mirror everything? KN? PPT? iPad/iPhone simulators in Xcode? Web pages?

If so, this is HUGE. (But I am skeptical).

It mirrors everything on the ipad2 4GS screen.
  • Reply 30 of 51
    ortort Posts: 39member
    Does the NHL app do anything at all if you don't subscribe? Will it at least show highlights for free?
  • Reply 31 of 51
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Until a jailbreak is ready, and Plex is supported, I'm not even considering updating my AppleTVs.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coffeetime View Post

We just bought an Apple TV (along with the latest AirPort Extreme router) last week, and it has been an absolute joy - the best $99 entertainment purchase we ever made (well, plus $8 a month for Netflix). The biggest problem I had was getting my old movies (which I created using iMovie HD 6) loaded at the correct resolution into iTunes. Importing them into iMovie 9 (which has more and better export choices, including Apple TV) didn't work for me, as it dropped lots of special effects and transitions. I ended up saving them as a QuickTime file using the Expert Settings choice, and setting the compressor quality to "Best."

Imo just used handbrakes, its free and has all the appletv templates
  • Reply 33 of 51
    I have the NHL Centre Ice pacakge and I think I get Gamecentre ONline as well included. I think the NHL app uses that Online login...

Same thing on boxee and I believe xbox360 and ps3?
  • Reply 34 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

Until a jailbreak is ready, and Plex is supported, I'm not even considering updating my AppleTVs.

Ever since upgrading to Lion, Plex has been a big fail for me on the iPad2. No one seems to have any idea on how to fix it on the Plex forums either and it is quite a common problem. *sigh*
  • Reply 35 of 51
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

The only trouble is, WSJ-tv is a bit lame.

Not really and better than nothing. Good topics and short.
  • Reply 36 of 51
    An App Store for the AppleTV would be fantastic! Air Video is all I would need!
  • Reply 37 of 51
    If AppleTV could get a Hulu App, I would be a very happy camper - please oh please!
  • Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Very USA-focussed update. Just updated my UK aTV and we seem to have got the WSJ app, but not the NHL one, strangely. Wonder why not the NHL when we have MLB?

Can't seem to find the Trailers, are they hidden away somewhere?

It's quite understandable that Apple would be targeting their content update to the U.S. as it's their home market and their biggest market but still can't understand why there is no airplay link from BBC iPlayer - surely by now this could have been negotiated given the Beebs willingness to support the platform. Disappointed that the mirroring won't work with iPad1 as this would have been a workaround.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    Hello? Apple? There is a world outside the USA, you know, and we buy a lot of your products. Any chance of some Euro or Asia centric content? Football (soccer) the world game, BBC World Service etc.
  • Reply 40 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhromeror View Post

I hope this also updates Netflix to allow using it in Latinamerica! I hate to plug my laptop every time i want to see a movie.

After the upgrade, WSJ works in LAM, but no Netflix!

SAD!