Apple issues Mac OS X 10.7.2 update with iCloud support

Comments

• Reply 61 of 82
    So i am trying to update my Mid 2010 MacBook Pro from OS X Lion 10.7.1 to the newest update 10.7.2 but every time I look for software updates it keeps telling me that my software is up to date and there are no known software updates. Anyone else having this problem or know how to solve it?! Thanks
  • Reply 62 of 82
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by frankinden View Post

25 Mb/s ftth connection, and it is saying 3 hours to download updates.

How can you want your stuff in iCloud if they can't manage this update????

Your right - Apple is a failure. It couldn't possibly be your ISP, your Internet connection, your crappy wifi - it's all Apple

What a crock. I have updated three Mac's, an iPhone 4, an iPad and iPhone 3g (each iOS device weighs in at almost 800MB) since about noon today (it's 1845 now). All updates happened rather speedily, even the ones over wifi.

But continue to blame Apple
  • Reply 63 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Could anyone explain the size of this?

Scrap that actually, I just noticed iPhoto is over 700MB. Why so big?

Teh Photostream
  • Reply 64 of 82
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seqteq View Post

I think Apple wants to ring out their new data center.

Apple's massive data centre was actually a secret project to store Steve's consciousness for eternity. Soon, all will be revealed.
  • Reply 65 of 82
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Apple's massive data centre was actually a secret project to store Steve's consciousness for eternity. Soon, all will be revealed.

Where Disney goes?
  • Reply 66 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

"When life gives you apples, don't make applesauce - make life take the apples back! Get mad! I don't want your damn apples, what am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Steve Jobs apples. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE APPLES! I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible apple that burns your house down!

The point is?"

• Reply 67 of 82
    azjayazjay Posts: 40member
    Has anyone been able to get "Find My Mac" to work? It finds my iPad, and iPhone fine, but my Mac shows up as "Offline."
  • Reply 68 of 82
    azjayazjay Posts: 40member
    Nevermind, I figured it out. I was connect via Ethernet. Switching to Wifi fixed the problem. I suppose it works the same way as it works on a WiFi only iPad.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by azjay View Post

Has anyone been able to get "Find My Mac" to work? It finds my iPad, and iPhone fine, but my Mac shows up as "Offline."

• Reply 69 of 82
    Since I've applied the latest update, I am no longer able to switch my audio output from headphones to HDMI. I change between the two on a near daily basis. I hadn't previously encountered this problem with any 10.6 or the previous 2 releases of Lion. I have a Panasonic TV. Whenever I click to change the output from headphones to hdmi from either the top bar sound icon or through settings/sound it reverts right back to headphones. The only way I've found to fix it thus far is to physically remove the minijack from the headphone port. If I plug it back in audio immediately stops through HDMII and again same software problem.
  • Reply 70 of 82
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"When life gives you apples, don't make applesauce - make life take the apples back! Get mad! I don't want your damn apples, what am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Steve Jobs apples. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE APPLES! I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible apple that burns your house down!

The point is?"

I hope you send this to Samsung. It is making pears and calling them apples-with-more-room-at-the-top.
  • Reply 71 of 82
    Just updated without issue, BUT it seems to have disabled my sound device entirely. Anyone else with this issue?
  • Reply 72 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coffeetime View Post

My thoughts precisely. I have the first-gen MacBook that can't be upgraded past Snow Leopard (a Core Duo I gots; a Core 2 Duo I needs).

Same position, first gen MacBook Pro. Can't upgrade to Lion. Can see no reason why iCloud can't run on SL other than Apple not wanting it two. Surely iCloud doesn't need 64 bit for it to work. The next gen MBP was only a processor bump that brought in 64 bit. Other than that there was little change. So 64 bit routines are all I can think of. Apple forcing redundancy.

So, thanks Apple for providing Windows users with a 32 bit solution but not Mac users. Cheers fellas
  • Reply 73 of 82
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Here are some other changes in 10.7.2:

- All the of the glitches/drawing errors in HiDPI modes are gone! They have clearly been working on this. Maybe a Mac will soon have a Retina display.

- The Mac App Store now has X buttons in the Purchases tab. I don't know what they do, perhaps they permanently delete an app from your Purchase History? They do not simply uninstall, because they are also there for apps not currently installed.
  • Reply 74 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

What was wrong with it before? I used it daily with no issues.

Either your really don't use it or you don't understand the meaning of faster, smother browsing which doesn't bog down your whole OS.
  • Reply 75 of 82
    Does anyone know where your photo stream photos are on the iCloud? They seem to be in a hidden, encrypted secret place. You can remove them all in iCloud.com but not see them there. Just wondering.

Not used to all this sneaking around. Not saying it is definitely bad. But I like seeing my user library in Lion. Thank Steve for UNIX underpinnings.

Can't wait until UPS tomorrow to test iOS 5 with OS 10.7.2. My 4S just arrived in Kentucky a half hour ago from Hong Kong via alaska on it's way to South Jersey.
  • Reply 76 of 82
    I notice the web app version of the calendar (the one on iCloud.com) updates as it should when I make changes on either of my 2 macs' iCal - make a new entry on either mac, it pops up pretty damn quick on iCloud. However, isn't it supposed to also work the other way too? If I make a change or new entry on the web interface of iCloud, doesn't it push that change to my macs as well? Cause that's not working for me - no change I make on the web calendar shows up on my macs iCal. Is this a feature or a bug? Or teething pains soon to be sorted out?
  • Reply 77 of 82
    shawnbshawnb Posts: 155member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZachB10 View Post

Maybe I'm missing the point of the web interface of iCloud. No photo icon to view the PhotoStream via the web? No way to view documents except if you've purchased Pages / Numbers / Keynote? How about I buy their 50GB package - how do I store videos / PDF's on there for viewing anywhere?

I love the idea of everything syncing and being available on all devices but it seems rather limited in terms of choosing what you can store.

I agree, though I'm more disappointed with the Mac/PC integration. I think we're looking for iDisk functionality, which was dropped in favor of the sandboxed protect-your-data-from-yourself approach.

I was hoping to use iCloud to wirelessly store and sync PDF's between the iPad (GoodReader) and my desktop(s), but this does not appear possible unless the devs create a GoodReader desktop application for Mac/PC.

So for now, iCloud could sync PDFs between GoodReader on my iPad and iPhone, but only after manually copying them onto the iPad into Goodreader (and then moving the file(s) to iCloud within GoodReader), but then the PDF still isn't accessible from other apps or from any desktop. Seriously?!
  • Reply 78 of 82
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Actually, it did. It specifically said GM in the release notes.

Oops - I totally missed that. I guess I glanced over the release notes just to see what the focus areas were!
  • Reply 79 of 82
    Is the AutoSave bug fixed now?

(see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3226457)
  • Reply 80 of 82
    bertpbertp Posts: 274member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

- All the of the glitches/drawing errors in HiDPI modes are gone! They have clearly been working on this. Maybe a Mac will soon have a Retina display.

I tried this at 960 X 600 (HiDPI). Looks good as far as I can tell. Hopefully, HiDPI will be a part of OS X 10.8.