Battery Is Going To Be An Issue After iOS5

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Has anybody else noticed that the battery goes down MUCH faster after updating the iOS? I am averaging about 5% battery life, while phone is locked, in a 10 minute period. I used to be able to use the phone almost till bedtime on a charge, or the battery would simply stay on a percentage if I just let it sit with nothing running. Now, no way at all. Mark my words, people are going to start raising cain about this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    No way should you be losing 5% after 10 minutes, especially if the phone's locked. I took my phone off charge 5 hours ago, and I've spent a fair amount of time playing and exploring, AND resorting through all my app after the restore blew out most of my folders. I'm down to 83%.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Are you running a 3GS? I read earlier this is sometimes an issue with the 3GS and you need to reinstall the ROM.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tweak155 View Post

Are you running a 3GS? I read earlier this is sometimes an issue with the 3GS and you need to reinstall the ROM.

Might want to check your source. There's no "ROM" on the 3GS to reinstall.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    It's a Verizon IP4. I am going to fully charge it, reset the timer and see what it does for sure. I just know there is a difference for sure. It has to use more of the battery since there are more internal programs running now. Unless they changed or improved the battery usage in iOS5.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    My location indicator is on more frequently now than it had been. I'm not sure if this uses additional power, but my battery seems to have dropped more quickly today than usual.

edit...this is an ATT iP4
  • Reply 6 of 10
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keda View Post

My location indicator is on more frequently now than it had been. I'm not sure if this uses additional power, but my battery seems to have dropped more quickly today than usual.

edit...this is an ATT iP4

My VZW IP4 is behaving normally with regard to battery life as far as I can tell.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toughbook View Post

It's a Verizon IP4. I am going to fully charge it, reset the timer and see what it does for sure. I just know there is a difference for sure. It has to use more of the battery since there are more internal programs running now. Unless they changed or improved the battery usage in iOS5.

Im with you. Every since the update yesterday, today ive noticed a big difference in battery life. It feels like a android device, where in idle it drains like crazy. Right now, from charged at noon, it was 98%, right now, 3hrs later, 48%!!! wtf. And its just been in my pocket! I noticed my iphone is hotter than usual too.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    you may have a rogue app that's not yet fully compatible with iOS 5 that is using CPU cycles when it's not supposed to
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

you may have a rogue app that's not yet fully compatible with iOS 5 that is using CPU cycles when it's not supposed to

Apps i have:

Verizon moblie, tango, skobbler, red laser, bible, songify, camera+, mac hash, red box, netflix, eternity warriors, dinos, oregon trail, lets golf 3, nuts, rat on a skateboard, battle boss, zombie hwy, kingdom conquest, gt free n metal storm.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I've noticed my battery going down much more since upgrading my 4 to iOS 5. I start my day with 100% charge and at the end of the day it might be down to 60%. It's only 11:00 AM and I'm already at 72%!

But didn't this happen with the upgrade to iOS 4 too? I feel an update coming soon.