Apple releases iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Apple TV

1789101113»

Comments

• Reply 241 of 256
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

It IS the same upgrade process as all previous upgrades. It rewrites the entire OS on the device just as all previous upgrades have. Its not until iOS5 that we will see delta updates which will be a different kettle of fish from previous upgrades.

Now maybe you should crawl back under your bridge mr troll.

Of course the process is the same mr fool. The inefficiency of the process is not. Jeesh
  • Reply 242 of 256
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Naboozle View Post

I can't put newsstand into a folder?

I can't take NYTimes App out of Newstand?
  • Reply 243 of 256
    (my apologies if this has already been asked/answered)

Does anyone know if there is a way to only sync your photos (exclude videos from your photo roll)? With 5 GB of free storage it's pretty easy to hit that limit if you have a handful of videos of moderate length on your iPhone! I synched my phone and immediately got a warning email that I was close to the 5 GB limit ?!? I would like to sync my pictures, but then I have to worry about a few long videos hogging the whole 5 GB quota.
  • Reply 244 of 256
    Well, that's a lot of files! The other section is now 9.1GB. I'm open to suggestions about how to get my free space back.
  • Reply 245 of 256
    I have nearly 700 apps on my 64GB iPod Touch, and the lag is GONE!!!
  • Reply 246 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pema2 View Post

Well, that's a lot of files! The other section is now 9.1GB. I'm open to suggestions about how to get my free space back.

That Other is stuff of yours synced to the machine that wasn't completed. Desync and resync.
  • Reply 247 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That Other is stuff of yours synced to the machine that wasn't completed. Desync and resync.

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what you mean by desync. Do you mean restore? Is desync a jailbreak functioning? I'm not jailbroken.
  • Reply 248 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pema2 View Post

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what you mean by desync. Do you mean restore? Is desync a jailbreak functioning? I'm not jailbroken.

I mean untick all your boxes so nothing's synced to the device, sync, and then tick everything again and sync again.

If you have a lot of Other, chances are that's just real content where something went wrong and it isn't being seen properly by the device.
  • Reply 249 of 256
    Not sure whether it's been posted here already, but a quick forum search for the link didn't turn up anything:

http://shitthatsirisays.tumblr.com/

Loving it
  • Reply 250 of 256
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Worse than that- I can't pull my NYTimes App out of newsstand as a standalone App. I now have to tap TWICE to read it! This is progress??

OK, OK, calm down.

Strictly speaking, you can. 8 billion¹ beta-testers out there in Southeast Asia got to work yesterday after having seen our posts on this forum. They've found out how to add the Newsstand to specially crafted folder, exploiting Apple's springboard app error. It does not make any practical sense as you can not run Newsstand out of that folder; you can not move Newsstand into any folder either.

So, there's how to do:
    1. The folder should expand while being created or modified. (Beta-testers did not understand it, but that's how it works),

2. Prepare Newsstand and 2 (two) more auxiliary applications, which will originate that special folder; put all three in line on empty home screen,

3. Prepare to operate your iPhone real fast,

4. Drag one of auxiliary apps onto another so the iPhone starts creating a folder; first time created folder expands,

5. Just after you've dragged one auxiliary onto another, while the iPhone is still creating the folder and has not finished yet, drag the Newsstand into the screen area, where the folder will expand to, (Beta-testers think, it's about probability; it's not, you just should drag Newsstand in proper area)

6. Just created folder expands and the Newsstand, having been dragged in the area of folder expansion, reappears inside the newly created folder.

7. You can not run Newsstand, which has been put in folder, the Springboard crashes.

P.S. I think 8 billion beta-testers do better job, than some dozen of Apple's own testers. That dozen of Apple's own testers can now be fired out. Hands down.

P.P.S. You can put any folder in that kind of specially crafted folder as well.

-----------------------------------------------

¹ --- China's population is now 6.8 billion; India's population is 1.3 billion.
  • Reply 251 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

China's population is now 6.8 billion; India's population is 1.3 billion.

In other news, making up crap never lends itself to you being taken seriously.

More at never.
  • Reply 252 of 256
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    You newbie must be 8 billionth good heart trying to enlighten me on how making up crap will harm me one day. It won't happen to me, just get over it.

Dazzle me with something about Apple's products instead.
  • Reply 253 of 256
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivan.rnn01 View Post

You newbie

*checks my post count*

Hey, I'm over 5,000. Neat.

Quote:

8 billionth

The fact that you're still on that kick brings me no end of humor.

Quote:

making up crap will harm me one day. It won't happen to me, just get over it.

If I were your boss, you'd be fired yesterday. And unhireable by anyone else on the face of the Earth.

Your behavior does not become a human. Are you even sentient? How can someone call themselves human and behave in this manner?

Quote:

Dazzle me with something about Apple's products instead.

Uh? I have iOS 4 on my first-gen iPhone. Heavily modified, but it's on there. And Android 1.6.

And if you press Control+Option+Open Apple+8, you enter tripsville.
  • Reply 254 of 256
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Of course the process is the same mr fool. The inefficiency of the process is not. Jeesh

What are you blathering about? It's the same deal as previous upgrades. The servers get the shit kicked out of them for a while and then it's all ok.

Of course if your a dipshit who ran the beta and dont know what your doing then you can have a lot of issues getting sorted. You will find that a lot of those complaining were running the beta prior to the official update and 'dug their own graves' so to speak.

Now quietly shuffle off to the land if ignore with your trolling comments. (yes, I checked and you constantly spout FUD with reference to all things Apple). You probably don't have any Apple products whatsoever and are fuelled by impotent poor man rage.
  • Reply 255 of 256
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Notifications and browser and lock screen are all direct copies of Android. It's good iOS finally has these, though. Caught up to Android from 2008.

Quote:

And if you press Control+Option+Open Apple+8, you enter tripsville.

That's awesome, thanks. I love learning random tricks here. It's night mode!!!
  • Reply 256 of 256
    Addresses & Schedule events doubled, even triples on my iMac, Mac Air, iPhone 4S, & iPad... IOS 5 & iCloud has made all my hardware a mess just like Mobile Me... It does not "JUST WORKS!!!!!!!!!!"