To buy or not to buy...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Getting a new iPhone 4S? No? Either way, vote!

Upgrading an iPhone 4

Upgrading an iPhone 3GS

Upgrading an iPhone 3G or earlier

Buying an iPhone 4S, have some other smart phone

Buying iPhone 4S, my first smart phone (have some cell phone)

Buying iPhone 4S, my first cell phone

Have an iPhone 4, will hold off

Have an iPhone 3GS or earlier, will hold off

Have another smart phone, will hold off

Have a cell phone, will hold off

Not interested

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Wanted to put in a few more options...

Have cell phone, will hold off

Land lines rule!

I already have telepathic powers
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Should have been another option: "Couldn't resist, bought":

• Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Should have been another option: "Couldn't resist, bought":

At home setting mine up now.

Softbank had major server trouble today (again). Every launch they have trouble. Their stock dropped, but more importantly, there were a lot of frustrated people, especially those not with iPhones who needed any assistance today; they were turned away.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I have a 3gs that I'm anxious to update. But I will wait for the early adopter madness to die down and get mine in a week or so.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Coming from a Galaxy S....I can't wait!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Coming from a Galaxy S....I can't wait!

You should post your thoughts on the two after you've had an iPhone for a while.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Got mine after an hour's wait here in Japan. Softbank's servers crashed and they had a hectic day.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

You should post your thoughts on the two after you've had an iPhone for a while.

Yeah, I definitely will.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    So few replies... Maybe everybody is busy playing with their new phones?

So what about all the disappointed ones out there?

This might help some decide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hckrig2BwNY
  • Reply 10 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

At home setting mine up now.

Softbank had major server trouble today (again). Every launch they have trouble. Their stock dropped, but more importantly, there were a lot of frustrated people, especially those not with iPhones who needed any assistance today; they were turned away.

I was quite surprised actually, Telstra here in Australia didn't crumble. Granted it was a few hours after the Aust. East Coast launch. Everything went through fine, and they even ported me from prepaid to postpaid within five minutes. Bonus points to them for the cupcake and some free WiFi... I needed to download iOS5 for iPad so I did that on AtomicWeb app on the new iPhone4S. The white is nice.

Totally different from whoever is running their fixed-line business, they can't even connect my apartment (at ground level no less) 50m to the street and give me DSL for over two weeks. Told them to shaft it but continuing just tethering and using 3G. Well anyway their copper network is now handed over to a new National Broaband initiative. Will fixed line broadband be better? Maybe, but it can't get worse. There is "naked" DLSAMS or what nots but competitors can't connect unless you get Telstra to connect the line first, glad to see this monopoly will go away in time, or at least they've used their might for good in rolling out dualband 3G coverage and now LTE in CBDs, hopefully more soon.

I'm honestly glad Australia is one of the few developed nations that hasn't fully lost the plot. It's not perfect, but they're holding things together at this stage. Dunno what's happening with US, Japan, and of course as I've mentioned before I wasn't impressed with the UK. O2 had me wait 3 hours at the iPhone 3G launch. The first guy in line came out literally only a few hours later.

As for Malaysia... Well, it's out of my mind for at least the next 12 months.