Apple TV gets AirPlay mirroring, Photo Stream, NHL and WSJ Live

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    Or the motion in the Ocean.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

It depends a lot on the size of the screen.

• Reply 42 of 51
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    I am guessing, but it could be Apple's servers are being hit hard. When I updated Lion yesterday, it took forever.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple TV won't update for me. I tried resetting and restoring, I tried anything, it gets to 99% and fails.

Update was not successful.

• Reply 43 of 51
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post

I am guessing, but it could be Apple's servers are being hit hard. When I updated Lion yesterday, it took forever.

+1

Same here. Repeated attempts.

But the Apple TV update went relatively quick. Then again I was doing it past midnight.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    jetzjetz Posts: 1,293member
    One thing that did slightly confuse me...I was expecting some kind of new app for Trailers after the icon popped up on the update info page. But it's just the same old link for an "all new way" to watch trailers.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Just for yucks I tried AppleTV with my iOS5 updated iPhone 4. It streamed a Rhianna video just fine, but Angry Birds would only stream audio. Guess you need the big processor on the 4S to get that.

Were you using airplay or mirroring? From a very limited test on an ipad they seem to be different. For example Crackle does not have airplay enabled but I was able to mirror it with no problem.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Is there any way to update the AppleTV (gen 2) without a remote? My remote stopped working and now it's stuck on the initial startup screen!
  • Reply 47 of 51
    But it's not 1080P. Damn
  • Reply 48 of 51
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fazworld View Post

Is there any way to update the AppleTV (gen 2) without a remote? My remote stopped working and now it's stuck on the initial startup screen!

Change the remote's battery. I had the same problem.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Ever since upgrading to Lion, Plex has been a big fail for me on the iPad2. No one seems to have any idea on how to fix it on the Plex forums either and it is quite a common problem. *sigh*

Yep, I passed on Lion too.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    Tried out APM with my iPad2 and it is really slow. Sitting directly in front of my AppleTV 2 and TV it is so slow it is almost useless. Everything else works fine including streaming music and photos from my upstairs MBP. NHL works fine as well as YouTube etc. Just mirroring.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    iOS Apple TV 4.4.1 3151 (5.0 9A335a) is out! Looks like a bug fix update -- I had .mp4 URLs sent over that would stop playing part way through -- Sadly this update does NOT fix this issue! :-(