Samsung accused of lifting iPhone screenshot for Galaxy Player promo

Comments

• Reply 101 of 181
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Yes, sometimes seeing both sides of a device can give a better understanding of the differences:

http://www.androidtapp.com/samsung-g...0-1-back-view/

Which Galaxy Tab is that? It looks totally different from the iPad.

Is that mesh? Expanded metal? It looks like it is formed, rather than totally slippery and flat like the iPad. I bet that it is MUCH more comfortable to put it on your lap than a slippery, featureless slab like some others.
  • Reply 102 of 181
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

I've long held that our (often misplaced) support of Israel is the root of most of our problems in the middle east. Of course, w/o the US backing Israel, they'd be bombed back to the stone age. I have no problems w/Jewish people, I have plenty of Jewish friends, but I agree completely w/the above post. Their leaders actions are not something I support

With regard to current day Israel, the western world created it and so it has been our responsibility to defend it. The people who inhabit that country now have no historical or genetic connection to the people who lived there in biblical times. We should just move the entire country to some equal size piece of desert land in Utah where it would be easier to protect them. They could try to get along with the Mormons. Call it New Israel.
  • Reply 103 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

That map is hilarious and yes, it represents what a lot of the idiots here in the US believe about the world.

I've long held that our (often misplaced) support of Israel is the root of most of our problems in the middle east. Of course, w/o the US backing Israel, they'd be bombed back to the stone age. I have no problems w/Jewish people, I have plenty of Jewish friends, but I agree completely w/the above post. Their leaders actions are not something I support

I tend to agree with you. But to be fair, despite what you said Israel is still the closest thing to a Western Democracy that you can find in that area. That doesn't mean the US should support it blindly and unconditionally, time and again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

With regard to current day Israel, the western world created it and so it has been our responsibility to defend it. The people who inhabit that country now have no historical or genetic connection to the people who lived there in biblical times. We should just move the entire country to some equal size piece of desert land in Utah where it would be easier to protect them. They could try to get along with the Mormons. Call it New Israel.

That sounds logical. But current reality is based on a biblical argument. It is very sad that we have put the people who lived there thousands of years ago against the people who have been living for the at least the last hundreds(?) of years.

I wonder if the West would still have gone ahead back in the 40's if the could foresee how many wars that would cause.
  • Reply 104 of 181
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

A prime example of what I'm talking about just got posted to my facebook account by an idiot who works in the media. Here ya go?

I've travelled around a lot, and have been to quite a few places on that map, and while it is slightly exaggerated, I find it to be mostly accurate.

I also agree with you about the BBC, they are a horrible state funded propaganda channel. Ignorant people complain about Fox in the US, but Fox news is not a bunch crooks that steal money from people and force them to subscribe, unlike many state and tax payer subsidized channels and propaganda outlets in Europe.
  • Reply 105 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Millions of Americans also believe everything they read about how great America is (it isn't really).

It's not perfect, no country is, but it's only the greatest country ever to exist since the beginning of the Universe. Without the US, the world would be a very different place.
  • Reply 106 of 181
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've travelled around a lot, and have been to quite a few places on that map, and while it is slightly exaggerated, I find it to be mostly accurate.

I also agree with you about the BBC, they are a horrible state funded propaganda channel. Ignorant people complain about Fox in the US, but Fox news is not a bunch crooks that steal money from people and force them to subscribe, unlike many state and tax payer subsidized channels and propaganda outlets in Europe.

I agree that the complaints about Fox News are completely unfounded. For starters, people whining about it mistakenly assume that it is a news station. Total expectation mismatch.
  • Reply 107 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

It would be funny - if it weren't so true.

true the map or true the ignorance?
  • Reply 108 of 181
    Quote:

It's not perfect, no country is, but it's only the greatest country ever to exist since the beginning of the Universe. Without the US, the world would be a very different place.

Heck, without me, you all wouldn't even exist!
  • Reply 109 of 181
    Quote:

A much bigger one than you even imagine. The post said that ALL Korean people don't deserve Apple products.

The Korean Doctors do not deserve Apple products. The Korean Buddhist Monks do not deserve Apple products.

The Korean schoolchildren struggling to learn and improve their lives, perhaps, ESPECIALLY do not DESERVE Apple products.

"Apple should pull out of Korea completely!"

Get yourself new glasses or learn how to read. I never wrote that ALL Korean people don't deserve Apple products, I wrote that many Koreans don't deserve Apple products, such as the 27,000 who are suing Apple.

Apple should pull out of Korea completely! I'm not sure if Apple has any official stores in Korea, but if they do, then shut them down too! Demolish them to the ground! Many Koreans don't deserve Apple products, especially with all that is happening with Samsung.
  • Reply 110 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Many Korean people don't deserve Apple products? What kind of DICK are you?

I'm a smart dick with an opinion. Get used to it.
  • Reply 111 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Samsung's new desktop computer:

Fixed.

• Reply 112 of 181
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I agree that the complaints about Fox News are completely unfounded. For starters, people whining about it mistakenly assume that it is a news station. Total expectation mismatch.

Well, let's see. They call themselves "Fox News". Their web site is foxnews.com. They constantly refer to the "Fox News Channel" on their web site.

Gee, I wonder why anyone would 'mistakenly' assume that they're a news station. I guess in your view, it's better to be blatant liars than to call yourself a news station?
  • Reply 113 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Good one. You had me going there.

Keep it up!
  • Reply 114 of 181
    Why is the color of Galaxy player 50 in the article white?

Galaxy player 50 in North America has black color.

• Reply 115 of 181
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Well, let's see. They call themselves "Fox News". Their web site is foxnews.com. They constantly refer to the "Fox News Channel" on their web site.

Gee, I wonder why anyone would 'mistakenly' assume that they're a news station. I guess in your view, it's better to be blatant liars than to call yourself a news station?

I think that you correctly identified why they assume, but missed why they are mistaken.
  • Reply 116 of 181
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranReloaded View Post

true the map or true the ignorance?

Yes
  • Reply 117 of 181
    Quote:

Get yourself new glasses or learn how to read. I never wrote that ALL Korean people don't deserve Apple products, I wrote that many Koreans don't deserve Apple products, such as the 27,000 who are suing Apple.

Apple should pull out of Korea completely! I'm not sure if Apple has any official stores in Korea, but if they do, then shut them down too! Demolish them to the ground! Many Koreans don't deserve Apple products, especially with all that is happening with Samsung.

OK. So because some Koreans are underserving of Apple's blessings, then the impoverished schoolchildren struggling to just keep their heads above poverty should also be denied the chance to advance themselves with using Apple products.

No? How does that work again?
  • Reply 118 of 181
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Reminds me greatly of The Jerusalem Duality (S01E12 Big Bang Theory) where Sheldon was trying to talk people into creating an exact replica of Jerusalem in the Mexican desert

Quote:

OK. So because some Koreans are underserving of Apple's blessings, then the impoverished schoolchildren struggling to just keep their heads above poverty should also be denied the chance to advance themselves with using Apple products.

If they're barely above the poverty level then how the hell are they affording Apple products?
  • Reply 119 of 181
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 120 of 181
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Fixed.

Now it's funny. Lol