Burger King + Tacos = ?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Get yourself to a grocery store man. Pick up some nice red tomatoes, a baguette or two, olive oil, a mild feta (cheverie, not one of those cow's milk imitations) a little fresh basil, and some spiced anchoivies and a vidalia onion, and only a vidalia onion.

Toss the tomaotoes, onion (maybe a little celery) and basil into a salad, salt and olive oil. If the tomatoes are nice and ripe, skip the balsamic. Serve the anchovies and cheese in two seperate plates and get a red wine. I like red and will drink it with anything, I don't really know wine or what's supposed to be paired where, but if it's dark and strong, it'll do, maybe Lambrusco or Montepulciano.

You'll be ready to chow down in less than two minutes. Of course this little spuntino is best savoured in Italia, but it's great anywhere.

There's literally hundreds of combinations in your grocery store that require zero kitchen skills.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    I gave up on fastfood for awhile now. I'd rather just make somthing at home myself the go out to some greasy cholesteral house for dinner. Much better tasting and better for you.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Get yourself to a grocery store man. Pick up some nice red tomatoes, a baguette or two, olive oil, a mild feta (cheverie, not one of those cow's milk imitations) a little fresh basil, and some spiced anchoivies and a vidalia onion, and only a vidalia onion.

Toss the tomaotoes, onion (maybe a little celery) and basil into a salad, salt and olive oil. If the tomatoes are nice and ripe, skip the balsamic. Serve the anchovies and cheese in two seperate plates and get a red wine. I like red and will drink it with anything, I don't really know wine or what's supposed to be paired where, but if it's dark and strong, it'll do, maybe Lambrusco or Montepulciano.

You'll be ready to chow down in less than two minutes. Of course this little spuntino is best savoured in Italia, but it's great anywhere.

There's literally hundreds of combinations in your grocery store that require zero kitchen skills.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, Matsu, I know this...

I'm just curious as I haven't eaten fast food for about a month+...

there are many positive side effects of living in the ritziest area of a city. one of them being the complete lack of fast food. although, blessing and curse... there are no &lt;$5, quick, on the run meal options...
  • Reply 44 of 46
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Washington DC??? Never been, I hear horror stories about the dangerous areas, you must have some ethnic food in the area? Go for gyros or pitas or something? Don't you have some Greeks or Lebanese in the area?
  • Reply 45 of 46
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>

Oh, Matsu, I know this...

I'm just curious as I haven't eaten fast food for about a month+...

there are many positive side effects of living in the ritziest area of a city. one of them being the complete lack of fast food. although, blessing and curse... there are no &lt;$5, quick, on the run meal options...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Moby Dick's House of Kabob. Last I checked there was one in G-Town, and I visit the one in Bethesda all the time. 5 dollars and change buys you a tasty morsel, and it's essentially fast food in terms of service.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>

Moby Dick's House of Kabob. Last I checked there was one in G-Town, and I visit the one in Bethesda all the time. 5 dollars and change buys you a tasty morsel, and it's essentially fast food in terms of service.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I gotta try this place.

We have greeks and stuff, Matsu, but I get tired of the meat-on-a-stick and the souvlaki.

Plus, my friends are sedentary bastards.