Samsung's new Galaxy Nexus designed to bypass Apple patents

1356

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


    WE? You mean you speak for all Fandroids?







    I'm not even trying to. Maybe if you weren't so sensitive...



    If you can speak for all Apple fans I can speak for all Android fans...being that I frequent the main sites.



    And I'm not sensitive, I'm argumentative.
  • Reply 42 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacShack View Post


    Aaahh so that's what the extra time gained from the delay, out of so called respect, was really used for. Keep the swords sharpened and be ready to draw it at any time. Either way. Better late than never, I suppose. I think google is pushing Samsung to not to copy. As Google cannot use having this image of being a copy cat and fake innovator. I think that the quality of Microsofts app store will surpass Googles in quality and quantity rather fast. They have an excellent development base and tools. WPF and Silverlight have been fairly hot in recent years. Since a lot about the Windows Phone XNA and silverlight framework are pretty similar they have a great of development potential. When Nokia comes out and windows phones will be more mainstream coming from samsung and HTC both companies will be eating from each others market. Let see how the future will unfold.



    Are you suggesting that in 8 days they reworked the Galaxy Nexus to consciously avoid violating Apple patents?
  • Reply 43 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post


    Why is the solution always that Apple should give in? Why do people think that Apple is the one who should just give up on their patents and get along to get along? That seems silly to me! The way to win is to crush there enemies in the dust until they stop copying, and to remove all infringing products from the market. Why the hell is that wrong?



    If every company (including your precious Apple) removed every infringing product from the market there would be no market.
  • Reply 44 of 116
    So they admitted their previous smart phones infringed on Apple's patents????
  • Reply 45 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperTomcat View Post


    Well, at least I know if my Samsung phone is dropped, it will survive... you can´t say that about iPhone 4S...

    Glasses and aluminum??? Please...



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw



    I drop my iphone4 from time to time. Never breaks. Have you heard of these magical things called "cases"?



    I wonder what the resale value on your cheap, plastic Samsung phone is? Glass and Aluminum... Please, please, please!
  • Reply 46 of 116
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post


    If notification center infringes on google patents, then Google should sue Apple. However, I think it might be difficult to find anything in android that wasn't, it self, stolen! Good luck with that!



    I don't think that Google was trying to patent absolutely everything they came out with (and wasn't already patented) but I wouldn't be surprised they will be doing that in the future...



    ... and I wouldn't even be able to blame them; they haven't started it.
  • Reply 47 of 116
    nikon133nikon133 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    So they admitted their previous smart phones infringed on Apple's patents????



    I don't think infringing Apple patents is in question here. I think question is if those patents are (and should be) sustainable in court.
  • Reply 48 of 116
    Samsung acting like Apple even more... The Nexus will be on Verizon exclusively. Well, I guess Samsung isn't planning for big sale numbers with this phone.
  • Reply 49 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    This could be considered an admission of guilt.



  • Reply 50 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post


    It could be that Samsung copied and infringed just to bide time to stay in this level of smartphone game so they wouldn't be left so far behind. After all, if you get caught with your pants down it takes a while to come up with your own solution. Why not copy, steal and take a chance that you'll get away with it until you come up with your own *original* solution.



    There are too many negative consequences to that scenario. I doubt they thought this (these) designs would land them in court.
  • Reply 51 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post


    I don't think infringing Apple patents is in question here. I think question is if those patents are (and should be) sustainable in court.



    That is not the issue. Either the patents are valid or not... and they are valid. The question was whether or not Samsung infringed. Since they are valid, they can be defended from infringement.
  • Reply 52 of 116
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mhikl View Post


    Now that is one ugly muu muu phone. And monster big, to boot. The large and extra large phones sell less than 6% of the market, are more expensive to build and one wonders what the profits might be.



    I, too, will never buy anything Samsung. Can?t trust the company can build anything of real quality or innovation with these plastic billings as their lead in smart phones. And what is the possibility of updates in the future? No profit in updates, is there.



    4.0" screensize and above phones accounted for 24% of smartphone sales in Q4 2010, so it looks like its a pretty hefty chunk of the market:

    http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/the-ef...artphone-sales



    and it being a Nexus device means it will get updates quickly and direct from google. the Nexus One and Nexus S have already been confirmed to be getting the 4.0 update.
  • Reply 53 of 116
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    If every company (including your precious Apple) removed every infringing product from the market there would be no market.



    Heaven forbid any company defend their intellectual property. It would surly be the end of the world as we know it.
  • Reply 54 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post


    I drop my iphone4 from time to time. Never breaks. Have you heard of these magical things called "cases"?



    I wonder what the resale value on your cheap, plastic Samsung phone is? Glass and Aluminum... Please, please, please!



    Are you selling aluminum?

    I never resale my phones, I have every phone that I bought, including my Samsung W880 the first and real 12Mpx phone, passing for the Behold II (one of the first Samsung Android phones in US), Galaxy S and Galaxy S II.



    I love too much each of my phones to resale...
  • Reply 55 of 116
    sennensennen Posts: 1,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post


    This could be considered an admission of guilt.



    Definitely looks that way.
  • Reply 56 of 116
    ajmasajmas Posts: 582member
    In many ways this is a good thing for Samsung. If people mistake your device for a competitor's then you just get lost in the crowd. Samsung needs to be bold and make devices that are instantly recognisable as a Samsung, in a good way. Maybe this is the first step in this direction?



    I will always consider a competitor's device if they have something good to offer and don't seem like a knock off.
  • Reply 57 of 116
    sennensennen Posts: 1,468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post


    If notification center infringes on google patents, then Google should sue Apple. However, I think it might be difficult to find anything in android that wasn't, it self, stolen! Good luck with that!



    This.
  • Reply 58 of 116
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperTomcat View Post


    Are you selling aluminum?

    I never resale my phones, I have every phone that I bought, including my Samsung W880 the first and real 12Mpx phone, passing for the Behold II (one of the first Samsung Android phones in US), Galaxy S and Galaxy S II.



    I love too much each of my phones to resale...



    It's not aluminium it's stainless steel.
  • Reply 59 of 116
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    Are you suggesting that in 8 days they reworked the Galaxy Nexus to consciously avoid violating Apple patents?



    Uhm no. Just that they needed 8 more days to finish their the rework they had already initiated. From lawsuits and failure of patent investment (nortel) they could already see where this was going, legal wise.
  • Reply 60 of 116
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,001member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post


    Why is the solution always that Apple should give in? Why do people think that Apple is the one who should just give up on their patents and get along to get along? That seems silly to me! The way to win is to crush there enemies in the dust until they stop copying, and to remove all infringing products from the market. Why the hell is that wrong?



    Because it stifles competition, and honestly does Apple really have anything to fear from it's competitors?
Sign In or Register to comment.