Remove A Software Program Completely

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is the best way to remove a software program completely (including all files, hidden or not)? I have a MacBook purchased about 4 years ago. I am trying to download a trial 30 day program that I downloaded many months ago, but honestly never used. I need to re-download it again and test it before purchasing as I now have a need for it but want to verify it works which the company recommends on their site. But when I download and execute the program, it displays a message that the 30 day trial period had expired. I am not trying to take advantage of the company, but again would like to verify it works. The program is DVD2One that I need for burning to a DVD verses other burning software programs(such as TOAST) that I have and does not work with this other software program.

Thank You

Rick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    How does this software do anything that Disk Utility+MacTheRipper doesn't for free?

AppZapper will take care of it, by the way.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How does this software do anything that Disk Utility+MacTheRipper doesn't for free?

AppZapper will take care of it, by the way.

I am backing up the Complete LOST Series that I purchased. It's odd that everything except Season 6, Disk 1 worked using DVDHDDecrypter. I tried using Mac The Ripper which hung displaying the message: "Couldn't Load VTS_1.IFO. It did that for each VTS until the program hung. I tried RipIt and it appeared that it does work for that disc. Toast does not work for compressing and burning to a DVD for this specific DVD. The info in RipIt recommended using DVD2One (I do need something that compresses and will burn which DVD2One is suppose to do). That's why I asked how to totally delete a software program that may have hidden files. If I buy DVD2One and it doesn't work, it's a pretty wasted expense. If AppZapper does want I need I can try that as well.

Thanks

Rick