Perhaps never.

YOU'RE loco.

Quote:

?extremely long time.

I buy that.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

I'm quite confused by your comment. I have the Verizon version of the Galaxy S, and I'm running 2.2. Syncing with my work email (exchange server) is easier than even my old windows mobile phones. Searching emails just involves tapping the search icon on the bottom of my phone, and switching folders literally involves two screen taps (tap the folder name in the top left hand corner, and it gives you a list.)

edit:

Actually, now I'm very curious by your comment as I'm on the verge of calling you a liar, but that seems illogical. The email app I'm working with is version 2.2.1. If you goto settings>applications>manage applications> all applications, then find "Email" tap that, and tell me what version you have. If you don't have what I have, we should try and find it, because everything you said is not at all the case with my phone.

Thank you for your comment! But:

I actually know how to search e-mails and navigate thru folders, as you said, they are in the top, but organized alphabetically, all mixed. The folder/subfolder schematic is just ignored. For example, I have a folder called South Europe, inside that folder I have another folder called, Italy, inside Italy I have another folder called (Company name) and inside that folder, I have other folders, (Invoices, Demos...)

So now, when I open the e-mail app in my Galaxy S Plus, I see ALL the folders in the top, following no logic, just alphabetically organized. I actually have 20 folders called Invoices! How can I know which one belongs to the upper folder level? There is no way to know that.

I could list so other annoying functionalities of the Android mail app, but just for this one I can't use it.

On the other hand, if you have a look at the iPhone folder organization, it looks exactly the same than in Outlook or Mail. You can actually see the list of folders and navigate thru this logic and easily find every folder/subfolder
  • Reply 23 of 26
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

this shows that enterprise adoption of the iOS is shrinking, while Android is growing... the AI headline is borderline misleading.

Incorrect. It shows the rate of iOS adoption was slowing, but that more users were still purchasing iOS devices versus android.

Even if the rate of adoption fell below that of Android it would might take a while before the installed user base tipped in favour of Android.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

I actually know how to search e-mails and navigate thru folders, as you said, they are in the top, but organized alphabetically, all mixed. The folder/subfolder schematic is just ignored. For example, I have a folder called South Europe, inside that folder I have another folder called, Italy, inside Italy I have another folder called (Company name) and inside that folder, I have other folders, (Invoices, Demos...)

So now, when I open the e-mail app in my Galaxy S Plus, I see ALL the folders in the top, following no logic, just alphabetically organized. I actually have 20 folders called Invoices! How can I know which one belongs to the upper folder level? There is no way to know that.

I could list so other annoying functionalities of the Android mail app, but just for this one I can't use it.

On the other hand, if you have a look at the iPhone folder organization, it looks exactly the same than in Outlook or Mail. You can actually see the list of folders and navigate thru this logic and easily find every folder/subfolder

Is this true??? Holy crap! I would want to throw my phone against the wall. Is there possibly something in setting to fix that? I have no experience with Android and Exchange so I honestly don't know.

As for exchange and iPhone, it has gotten so much better. Before, it took forever to search past a certain point but now it is pretty quick (and even fairly accurate).
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OllieWallieWhiskers View Post

this shows that enterprise adoption of the iOS is shrinking, while Android is growing... the AI headline is borderline misleading.

If retention rates continue the way they have been it doesn't matter, it's still Apple succeeding at a faster rate. Activations aren't the whole story, you also have to look at retention. Over the last year we saw a spike in Android users, but after they discovered that doing much of what iPhone users were doing out of the box on our network required you to be a bit of an amateur programmer on Android we started seeing that number significantly decrease. Many of the Android adopters have switched to iPhone, I actually don't know one iPhone user who has made a run at Android.

You can push all the junk out into the market you want but this has little significance if your tarnishing your name eventually you loose all that market. It isn't good enough to just grab people's attention, you must also hold it.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

I hate the email app on my Vibrant...it's terrible and doesn't load emails properly. My 4S doesn't have the same issue (so far).