Specail event with nVidia

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
IF youread every thread you see G4/G5 ghz+and the new nVidia card. If you just put those things together , you 'll have the good combintion. nVidia will lauch their new card in Feb., so that gives Apple just a month to prepare the new powermac. nVidia will give Apple the preview of the Geforce4, because thanks to the iMac2 nVidia has a new sales boost. It all makes sence. iMac2 gets a head start of a month and then Boom the first PM above the 1Ghz barrier. It's that simple.

If you any remark or comment feel free to add it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    That makes sense, and I hope it's going to be like that, yet I doubt it, since Apple so far always failed to actually outrun the PC performance wise.

Their design keeps being revolutionary, but even the GeForce 3 on Mac first, was just a lie or a misunderstanding...too bad.

G-News
  • Reply 2 of 14
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    i hope it means cheap GeForce3s!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    That would be pretty awesome.. And make sense.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Yeah. GeForce 4 on the same slow silver motherboard with 933Mhz G4. That would be 'amazing'
  • Reply 5 of 14
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    Me thinks Leonis has become a pessimist. Though even im not so sure about this special event with Nvidia though. Stranger things have happened.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by Falcon:

<strong>Me thinks Leonis has become a pessimist. </strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 7 of 14
    Sounds good. Didn't they do that with the G3, annouuncing with the new Powermac so they could say they were first with the G3?

SdC
  • Reply 8 of 14
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    me thinks Leonis is just realistic
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Stay tuned for new Powermacs within the next few weeks, no doubt.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking .

They let Apple do it with the GeForce 3, why not the GeForce 4? Especially with the new iMac using nVidia. I think it just might happen
  • Reply 11 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by fieldor:

<strong> nVidia will give Apple the preview of the Geforce4, because thanks to the iMac2 nVidia has a new sales boost. It all makes sence. iMac2 gets a head start of a month and then Boom the first PM above the 1Ghz barrier. It's that simple.

If you any remark or comment feel free to add it. </strong><hr></blockquote>

If there are new powermacs with specs above 1 GHz and Apple holds with its imac/powermac pricing legacy then they must be more expensive than the new imac. And what price does that leave? 1799 or 1899 for the low-end powermac. Much too expensive.

However, there may be a restructuring in the pricing!

-Rob
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    I would be happy with GeForce 3's on the new PM's personally.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    We most be optimistic about this people. We must hope for the best and eleminate the worst.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cobra:

<strong>I would be happy with GeForce 3's on the new PM's personally.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personally, I think we'll see GF3 TI's on the PM's, perhaps with GF4 as BTO (just like they did with the GF3). Why would apple make the GF4 standard? Think of all the $$$ that would cost them. Does your average photoshop/quark (apple's target PM market) user need a GF4? Of course not. A GF 4 would only make sense as a BTO for those who need/want it.