Physical flaw in new iPhone, should i return?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just recieved my Sisters iPhone 4S in the mail today, and i noticed this flaw. It is not the glass, it is under the glass. I was just curious if i should return it, like if when re-selling the iPhone 2 years from now if it will be something that you Apple fan boys/girls would see and go "whoa...uhh i dont want THAT iPhone!".

Btw its about 70% more obvious because i took a picture with flash right over it.

Basically im asking if that imperfection will affect re-sellability or not. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It would bug the hell out of me at first for sure but eventually it wont bother you and if you keep the phone for a year, I don't see it changing your resale value.

Tough call. If it bugs you I'd swap it out.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tweak155 View Post

It would bug the hell out of me at first for sure but eventually it wont bother you and if you keep the phone for a year, I don't see it changing your resale value.

Tough call. If it bugs you I'd swap it out.

Yeah thats the thing is you only really see it when at the right angle in great lighting, and i am someone bugged by a LOT, but it doesnt really bug me. As long as it doesnt affect re-sale then i am happy. I will have to talk to my sister, if it bugs here the easiest thing to do is drive to a Verizon store, show it, and get it swapped easy-peasy.

If she wants to do that, at the same time i will have them change her number because while going through Verizon's setup of buying a plan and phone and new account, it asks you if you want a custom phone #, and gives you options, well what she got wasnt the one i picked for her. Lame.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    After a year or two most phones have a lot more damage than that so I'd say to return it only if it bugs you. Personally, being that it's not on the glass I wouldn't return it if it was me.

On another note... I didn't realize that the home button was textured. I never examine anything as close as that photo has done.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

After a year or two most phones have a lot more damage than that so I'd say to return it only if it bugs you. Personally, being that it's not on the glass I wouldn't return it if it was me.

On another note... I didn't realize that the home button was textured. I never examine anything as close as that photo has done.

Haha sorry thats my finger print. :P Thanks so far guys, good to know it wont affect re-sellability and so far none of you would even do anything about it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It's not. That's his thumbprint
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

It's not. That's his thumbprint

I'm a bit slow...