Imagine iOS integrated with webOS !

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://http://t3kd.com/blog/2011/08/...uld-buy-webos/

If things turn out this way then there would be nothing against iOS on the planet.. we'll have best of both world's with iOS and webOS style multitasking.. all the droids would be searching for a place to hide..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    WebOS is to mobile operating systems what AIDS is to incurable diseases.

It has ruined every company it has touched. Why would you want it to come to Apple?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I just want its multitasking functionality to come to iOS. have to admit it's the best one around.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It has ruined every company it has touched. Why would you want it to come to Apple?

What?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

ssooooo... you're saying that WebOS is the best at what it does????
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Lol!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apacheman View Post

I just want its multitasking functionality to come to iOS.

We have multitasking already. We have had multitasking for over a year. There's something wrong with you if you think having your games and movies running in the background while you write emails is a good idea.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I absolutely love that.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

We have multitasking already. We have had multitasking for over a year. There's something wrong with you if you think having your games and movies running in the background while you write emails is a good idea.

I absolutely love that.

How is something wrong with you if you have stuff running in the background? It might me the Twilight movies.....

And multitasking is a bit stupid when you think about it( Note: My Vibrant mutitasks TOO much) , considering humans can only do one thing at once....I mean....look at congres......
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Well , I just want the look and feel and style of how the webOS handles the multitasking, its appealing and simple and fun...swipe to close etc.. just a thought..
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Well , I just want the look and feel and style of how the webOS handles the multitasking, its appealing and simple and fun...swipe to close etc.. just a thought..

Oh, have you ever seen/used the multitasking gestures in iOS?

It's THE ONLY WAY TO FLY. Apple needs to reenable them IMMEDIATELY.

Five finger pinch to go back to the Springboard.

Four finger swipe up to get to the multitasking bar.

Four finger swipe left/right to move between open apps.

INCREDIBLE. It's so natural to use.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Android 4.0 will do some of that, and the other part that makes webOS work, is the gesture area, which allows one to flick through cards without having to swipe up first or scroll in webpages.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Oh, have you ever seen/used the multitasking gestures in iOS?

It's THE ONLY WAY TO FLY. Apple needs to reenable them IMMEDIATELY.

Five finger pinch to go back to the Springboard.

Four finger swipe up to get to the multitasking bar.

Four finger swipe left/right to move between open apps.

INCREDIBLE. It's so natural to use.

well, i agree on that one but those gestures are reserved for the iPad only. the iPhone has none. webOS cards and notification is something we have to admit is way ahead of Apple. its intutive, innovative, simply awesome and awesomely simple! I desperately want that in my iPhone. like imagine a kind of Notification center like page slides from the bottom which holds the webOS cards like stuff..WOW! "Cydia App devs, Are you listening?"
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

well, i agree on that one but those gestures are reserved for the iPad only. the iPhone has none.

Could have sworn they also work on the iPhone, they're just a bit cramped there.