Anyone Using "Cards" ?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I am & it rocksorz!

OK, it's for iPhone so I hafta 2X the screen, but this matters not.

Supereasy to use & a myriad of ways to customize the many templates for ALL occasions.

It's only $3 a card, so just to see how it works & looks, I start playing around with it & I send myself a card.

Apple says I'll get it next week.

They even email you to tell you when the person gets it.

Suh-weet!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaryMG View Post

I am & it rocksorz!

OK, it's for iPhone so I hafta 2X the screen, but this matters not.

yeah I'm not sure what that is all about. Maybe they need the higher quality camers to get good results. Or maybe the use case is expected to be impulsive and at the time of capture.

Quote:

Supereasy to use & a myriad of ways to customize the many templates for ALL occasions.

It's only $3 a card, so just to see how it works & looks, I start playing around with it & I send myself a card.

You know I was tempted to do that myself! Pathetic in a way.

Quote:

Apple says I'll get it next week.

They even email you to tell you when the person gets it.

Suh-weet!

Do follow up here.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Postagram might be better... certainly cheaper
  • Reply 3 of 11
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

You know I was tempted to do that myself! Pathetic in a way.

I sent one to myself too.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Just got an email from Apple today saying the card's on it's way, but then a few minutes later,

I see this .... > " 'Cards' Disappoints" -- MacWorld

I don't happen to agree, but the usually gregarious MacWorld, of all people, has this out there, so ....
  • Reply 5 of 11
    The card's here !

Pictures on the morrow.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Well, here we are.

First up ?

The envelope ....

Next, the front of the card ....

Finally, the inside of the card ....

One word of "warning": Apple, being the consumate professionals they are, use the "Make It Look Bigger Than It Is In The Picture" method.

The cards are a little smaller than I thougt & the "cotton paper" really isn't all that big of a deal.

Any greeting card I buy feels pretty much the same way.

Verdict: I like the product & I'm gonna use it this year for all of my Holiday greetings.

I'll GOOGLE Image a bunch of season-centric pictures, copy 'em to my iPad 2 & use 'em in "Cards".

Suh-weet !!!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

One word of "warning": Apple, being the consumate professionals they are, use the "Make It Look Bigger Than It Is In The Picture" method.

The cards are a little smaller than I thougt & the "cotton paper" really isn't all that big of a deal.

Any greeting card I buy feels pretty much the same way.

Sounds like a reasonable deal. Mass-produced greeting cards are often in the $3-$5 range. For this, you design your own (I think?), and you get it printed, addressed, stamped and mailed for $3.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    josbjosb Posts: 2member
    Not so cheap...
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by josb View Post

Not so cheap...

That's all you have? Really? Okay. No one will ever use it again, then.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by josb View Post

Not so cheap...

I don't know when the last time you want to a CVS or Hallmark to buy a card was, but $3 isn't bad at all. Remember, mailing your own entails a stamp that costs nearly $0.50 on its own.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

I don't know when the last time you want to a CVS or Hallmark to buy a card was, but $3 isn't bad at all. Remember, mailing your own entails a stamp that costs nearly $0.50 on its own.

I'm curious how many they have to sell a year to make it profitable. If someone presented this to me as a business opportunity, doing all that for just $3, I'd be yelling "next!". I'm sure it can be made profitable given a significant investment for automation, but that would mean having a large volume to back that up too. I expect that Apple subs out the mechanical part to a printing company that already has the hardware, but at any rate, but it's hard to get upset at such a low price.