Apple updates iPad 2 Smart Covers with color changes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Shame that Apple never made a proper case like they did for iPad 1. They're so keen to push the Smart Cover that third party cases are not stocked here in Apple stores. So if you want your iPad 2 properly protected you have to rely on reviews and buy online.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    My cream leather cover is falling apart and looks like hell. Not sure of I'm going to buy another smart cover.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

My cream leather cover is falling apart and looks like hell. Not sure of I'm going to buy another smart cover.

And since many others are in perfect condition, maybe take better care of your stuff? I doubt its condition is its fault.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dunks View Post

I would have bought a leather one except I read that the dye stained other fabrics. Is that still (or was it ever) an issue?

I love my (PRODUCT) RED and I have no problem with it losing color onto other things. The leather does change color ever so slightly from sweat or the oil in your skin.

That is one of the things that makes it so attractive is the way it slowly ages as you use and it develops its own patina (or whatever the proper word would be for leather) just as an old brass lamp or a musket, lamp or rifle. Gives it more value in those situations not less - of course that is typically for items in excess of 25 years old (I suspect there will be something quite different by then and iPad 2's probably won't be collectible yet, maybe after 50 yrs. LOL!)
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by urbanleopard View Post

Shame that Apple never made a proper case like they did for iPad 1. They're so keen to push the Smart Cover that third party cases are not stocked here in Apple stores. So if you want your iPad 2 properly protected you have to rely on reviews and buy online.

I guess it depends on what you do with it and how you handle it.

I have an iPad and an iPad 2. I bought the cover for the iPad and it does protect the device -- probably a good idea since it bounces around with the family, but it does make it quite bulky. I got one of the Smart Covers as soon as I could get my iPad2 (launch day) and love it. It protects the screen and I love the open->on, close->off. The stand to a few days to get working until the leather hinges got a bit more supple. It protects the screen and is quite thin. I doubt it would do too well after being tossed like a Frisbee but I am pretty sure the first (cocoon) case wouldn't fair much better. I use it mostly around the house so it is great for that.

BTW: Due to there relative bulkiness or not I renamed my original when I got it and name the new one. No offense ladies but my original is called MaxiPad and the newer thinner iPad 2 got the name MiniPad.

No offense intended ladies!
  • Reply 26 of 31
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Dark "green blue" would be my Dream colour
  • Reply 27 of 31
    No more orange? What are all the ipad buyers in the Netherlands going to do???
  • Reply 28 of 31
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ForceQuit View Post

The ridges on the inside cover leave streaks down the screen. I have to constantly clean the glass just to get rid of the vertical smudges (not sure what that micro fiber is supposed to be doing). Otherwise I like the cover, especially the auto on/off.

That's because the ridges don't make full contact with the screen like the wider parts do. The wider parts are cleaning the screen and he lines you see are parts not cleaned.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    If Apple was going to update the Smart Covers you'd think they at least solve the problem that results when you use it as a stand and the felt underside touches the surfaces of the table or whatever you intend to stand it on. And no- I do not carry a bottle of Fantastic around with me to properly clean the surface that I may use. And no- folding the smart cover so that the felt part goes inside does not hold up well due to either the folds or the magnets.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And since many others are in perfect condition, maybe take better care of your stuff? I doubt its condition is its fault.

If by take better care of your stuff you mean never use it, I guess you might have a point.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AletheaEdmons View Post

I want to get one,but i don't where can i buy ,who can tell me ?

Absolutely anywhere that sells them. Apple. Best Buy. Wal-Mart, even.