Android tops iOS in total mobile apps downloaded, still trails per user

Comments

• Reply 61 of 86
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 62 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Actually, people who make sensible, mature posts are always welcome here at AI. Unfortunately, you wouldn't know anything about that since you're just a mindless troll.

Care to tell me how I'm a troll? Also how I'm mindless? Funny I've never dissed Apple or iOS and have had many positive things to say actually. Maybe you only see what you want to see, eh?
  • Reply 63 of 86
    i use the android market regularly and am amazed! amazed at how shitty the selection is. i am talking tablet mostly here...but still. awful, awful 'phone' apps stuck on a tablet.

i hope the ipad has decent apps designed for it?
  • Reply 64 of 86
    deleted
  • Reply 65 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Button: pushed.

I forgot, you guys are so blinded by your worship that you cannot recognize actual trolling if he wraps it up in a pretty little iPhanboy package whereas anyone who offers a contrary opinion is automatically deemed a troll no matter how un-troll-like their behavior actually is.

gotcha.

Hence why no one ever complains about Apple ][ yet people like Gatorguy have been called trolls
  • Reply 66 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

i hope the ipad has decent apps designed for it?

This makes your entire post seem like BS to me...everyone knows the iPad is THE place to go for tablet specific app with over 50K apps specifically designed for tablets in the app store.

Android tablet apps designed for a tablet are few and far between and are one of the many reasons I always recommend the iPad 2 to ANYONE looking for a tablet.

odd for an anti Apple anti iPad anti iPhone anti iOS anti Steve Jobs anti Tim Cook anti Cupertino anti App Store pro Android fanboy I know

• Reply 67 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

Can you just reinstall the original ROM and thereafter get OTA updates?

In order to get it to work, first, after you root the device, you create a snapshot of your stock ROM, which is written to the root of your SD/internal memory. After that, you ROM it. When you are ready to get an official OTA, you reload your stock ROM, then the last step which is generally the most painful, is to unroot your device. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

If you can manage to unroot, you are good to go. Also, there are a host of awesome devs out there creating amazing roms, and also pulling stock roms right off their phones for this exact purpose.
  • Reply 68 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

You are in the wrong place.

The regulars here like to take any sign of an open mind and squash it like a bug. If you are, in the least, anything but rabidly pro-Apple, you will be cast into the net of the crazies, and statements will be attributed to you that are nothing short of nuts.

Beware. If you want gentlemanly conversation, head for the hills.

One guy posted here yesterday, for example, that Android users disgust him. Likely he will treat you like a pile of steaming refuse, because you disgust him.

Android users are treated by some like the KKK treats those who are thought to threaten their lifestyle. IOW, don't look at any white women here if you want your neck to stay unstretched.

I was at first rather shocked at how in some posts completely unrelated to anything other than the main topic of discussion, without fail, two to three replies down there was a post that was completely off topic, and about Android = fail.

Asking this question, "How many of you have used a phone other than an iPhone?", will see a series of replies in the way of:

Why would I use anything other than an iPhone?

Android sucks!

I would rather write messages in my own blood instead of using Android!

ect.

I find it rather hard to look the other way and not pay attention to the other side. Both OS's cater to different crowds, as do the hardware, form factor. I enjoy the 4.3" screen, it gives a good amount of space on screen. I also enjoy the ever changing designs that come out every few months.

I know there are over zealous fans on every bridge waiting for a fight. I just choose to ignore it, and search for the answers to the questions I have. That is the reason I came here the first time. Maybe I picked a dirty battle though.
  • Reply 69 of 86
    deleted
  • Reply 70 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

No, just a dirty neighborhood.

AI is kind of a ghetto for extremism, which isn't much of a surprise given the Fox News-style reporting they do here.

Exhibit A from today:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hreadid=134692

That one was so bad even the regulars here took issue with it.

Agreed. I read the post about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus having an "inferior" screen to the SGSII. I originally read this on Engadget, which was later blasted by the readers for being, "a slow news day". Only under a microscope could they even see that the other pixel is missing. The Super Amoled Plus screen, and its technology is still in its infancy. But posting a bit of news from another site, without crediting the original link, is pretty shady.
  • Reply 71 of 86
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ormada View Post

I was at first rather shocked at how in some posts completely unrelated to anything other than the main topic of discussion, without fail, two to three replies down there was a post that was completely off topic, and about Android = fail.

Asking this question, "How many of you have used a phone other than an iPhone?", will see a series of replies in the way of:

Why would I use anything other than an iPhone?

Android sucks!

I would rather write messages in my own blood instead of using Android!

ect.

I find it rather hard to look the other way and not pay attention to the other side. Both OS's cater to different crowds, as do the hardware, form factor. I enjoy the 4.3" screen, it gives a good amount of space on screen. I also enjoy the ever changing designs that come out every few months.

I know there are over zealous fans on every bridge waiting for a fight. I just choose to ignore it, and search for the answers to the questions I have. That is the reason I came here the first time. Maybe I picked a dirty battle though.

You have heard of the Internet before right? There are a couple wrong people on it. Get crackin.
  • Reply 72 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

This makes your entire post seem like BS to me...everyone knows the iPad is THE place to go for tablet specific app with over 50K apps specifically designed for tablets in the app store.

Android tablet apps designed for a tablet are few and far between and are one of the many reasons I always recommend the iPad 2 to ANYONE looking for a tablet.

odd for an anti Apple anti iPad anti iPhone anti iOS anti Steve Jobs anti Tim Cook anti Cupertino anti App Store pro Android fanboy I know

i will call it like i see it. if google puts out something i think sucks i will say so. same for apple. same for MS. there is no ideal.

i don't know the lay of the land when it comes to ipad apps. my wife has an ipad that i rarely use. i have an ASUS android tablet. is has some nice built in apps but i find the ones on the market a pain in the butt.

that was all. no big trap for you to fall into. unbunch your panties.

i hate apples 'control freak, our way or the highway, we know better than you, attitude'. now that steve is gone we will see if they loosen the screws a bit.

but i still use some of the products. ipod, imac, air. just not ipad or iphone.
  • Reply 73 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Which Android tablet do you use, and why did you choose it over an iPad?

ASUS Transformer. i wanted keyboard and mouse. as a netbook/tablet it is not terrible. the next version due out next month looks even better. but it is like apple and orange to ipad2. except for lack of quality apps its an okay device. i have compared some things like netflix vs my wife ipad. ipad has a better display: clarity, color, detail. the asus has several 'bleed' spots when screen is black.
  • Reply 74 of 86
    Quote:

i will call it like i see it. if google puts out something i think sucks i will say so. same for apple. same for MS. there is no ideal.

i don't know the lay of the land when it comes to ipad apps. my wife has an ipad that i rarely use. i have an ASUS android tablet. is has some nice built in apps but i find the ones on the market a pain in the butt.

that was all. no big trap for you to fall into. unbunch your panties.

i hate apples 'control freak, our way or the highway, we know better than you, attitude'. now that steve is gone we will see if they loosen the screws a bit.

but i still use some of the products. ipod, imac, air. just not ipad or iphone.

My bad. I thought you were one of the other anecdotal "evidence" users who make stuff up
  • Reply 75 of 86
    Quote:

I forgot, you guys are so blinded by your worship that you cannot recognize actual trolling if he wraps it up in a pretty little iPhanboy package whereas anyone who offers a contrary opinion is automatically deemed a troll no matter how un-troll-like their behavior actually is.

gotcha.

Hence why no one ever complains about Apple ][ yet people like Gatorguy have been called trolls

I think you are wrong about Apple][, I have seen complaints on both sides about his/her posts. As for GatorGuy, where has he been? I thought he had a lot of good posts and thoughts for good debate.

Quote:

I agree but I do think that because Google pushed for resolution independence, it (wrongfully imo) thought that phone and tablet apps could be the same but blown up.

Quote:

ASUS Transformer. i wanted keyboard and mouse. as a netbook/tablet it is not terrible. the next version due out next month looks even better. but it is like apple and orange to ipad2. except for lack of quality apps its an okay device. i have compared some things like netflix vs my wife ipad. ipad has a better display: clarity, color, detail. the asus has several 'bleed' spots when screen is black.

Funny that the Transformer is one of the few (IMO) success stories of Android tablets. I can understand why you would take exception.
  • Reply 76 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

I think you are wrong about Apple][, I have seen complaints on both sides about his/her posts.

I can see that...a lot of the posters here are shockingly intelligent (for an internet forum not based on a truly serious subject) and would by default recognize the trolling of Apple ][. I haven't seen it though but I'll take your word for it

Quote:

As for GatorGuy, where has he been? I thought he had a lot of good posts and thoughts for good debate.

I was wondering that myself after I typed that :-.

Quote:

I agree but I do think that because Google pushed for resolution independence, it (wrongfully imo) thought that phone and tablet apps could be the same but blown up.

I think the real issue was the timeframe between the 3.0 SDK and the release of the apps for it.

Plus the entire release was handled VERY poorly and 3.0 looks like garbage and should've looked like 4.0 looks now.

Larry Page is a great change for Google it seems.

Plus Android SDKs are painfully slow

Quote:

Funny that the Transformer is one of the few (IMO) success stories of Android tablets. I can understand why you would take exception.

The Transformer is the only Android tablet I'd ever suggest anyone to buy if for some odd reason the iPad wasn't good enough.
  • Reply 77 of 86
    Quote:

gotcha.

Your response proves my point: you are one touchy individual with no sense of humor.

Why do you care what someone does or doesn't call Apple ][ or Gatorguy? Do you know these people personally?
  • Reply 78 of 86
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Your response proves my point: you are one touchy individual with no sense of humor.

Why do you care what someone does or doesn't call Apple ][ or Gatorguy? Do you know these people personally?

His statement is odd because Apple ][ gets called out for extreme viewpoints on a regular basis.
  • Reply 79 of 86
    Quote:

I guess I'm one of the few who actually realizes I'm conversing with real people and not just screennames so I respond accordingly.

Flaw? Perhaps
  • Reply 80 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

His statement is odd because Apple ][ gets called out for extreme viewpoints on a regular basis.

Yea I was told that and while I haven't seen it yet I'm going to take your word on it.