Scott Forstall was barely mentioned in Steve Jobs Biography

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For how important some have mentioned Scott Forstall is to the future of Apple (iOS), he was only mentioned just a few times in the entire book. It seems like most of all the influential players within Apple where mentioned often and in detail. The most detailed account of Scott Forstall in the book is when he let Steve Jobs ask Siri some questions on an iphone, and that was brief at best.

I just thought this was odd considering how much attention others at Apple got in the book.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

For how important some have mentioned Scott Forstall is to the future of Apple (iOS), he was only mentioned just a few times in the entire book. It seems like most of all the influential players within Apple where mentioned often and in detail. The most detailed account of Scott Forstall in the book is when he let Steve Jobs ask Siri some questions on an iphone, and that was brief at best.

I just thought this was odd considering how much attention others at Apple got in the book.

It's not odd if you look at Jobs' history. Back in the days the engineers used to sign the cases or there was an extensive engineering list in each apps info area. Jobs's realized that other companies were poaching engineers because they had a list of the engineers that worked on the project.

If Jobs really likes a person he tends to want to keep that person under wraps. I recently read an article about Jeffrey Robbins where the fear was the same ..that someone would poach him.

I wouldn't read too much into lack of credit in an auto biography as testament to an employees value.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The book is about Jobs. If Jobs had his way he'd be the only one mentioned in it