Android tops iOS in total mobile apps downloaded, still trails per user

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

I can see that...a lot of the posters here are shockingly intelligent (for an internet forum not based on a truly serious subject) and would by default recognize the trolling of Apple ][. I haven't seen it though but I'll take your word for it

Larry Page is a great change for Google it seems.

Plus Android SDKs are painfully slow

The Transformer is the only Android tablet I'd ever suggest anyone to buy if for some odd reason the iPad wasn't good enough.

my gut feeling is that larry page is going to be a disaster at google....

the transformers battery life is okay, but, it has a big problem with the wireless interface. if you set it to 'turn off' when idle it gets stuck in a loop of starting and stopping the wireless and kills the battery. hoping this will be fixed when 'ice cream sandwich' comes out. but in all honesty this is it for me with android. it is like windows: you are always hoping the next iteration will be less buggy (and it never really is).
  • Reply 82 of 86
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

ASUS Transformer. i wanted keyboard and mouse. as a netbook/tablet it is not terrible. the next version due out next month looks even better. but it is like apple and orange to ipad2. except for lack of quality apps its an okay device. i have compared some things like netflix vs my wife ipad. ipad has a better display: clarity, color, detail. the asus has several 'bleed' spots when screen is black.

You may be able to RMA that. My Transformer screen is beautiful, and browsing through various forums it seems expectations are high for the machine and RMAs quickly issued for any anomalous units.

I hear you on the tablet-specific apps, but I suspect this will change quite a bit in 2012 as more devs take advantage of ICS' APIs.
  • Reply 83 of 86
    Quote:

my gut feeling is that larry page is going to be a disaster at Google

Why do you feel that? He's already trimmed the fat so to speak and put a focus on both ui and ux for the first time at Google.

I see his actions as real forward thinking and it seems as if Google is growing up.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Why do you feel that? He's already trimmed the fat so to speak and put a focus on both ui and ux for the first time at Google.

I see his actions as real forward thinking and it seems as if Google is growing up.

Agreed. Schmidt's obviously a smart man, but he has a habit of saying things that make him sound much less smart than he is. He might make a good COO, but as a CEO he was a very bad choice. Larry seems to be handling the job much more effectively.
  • Reply 85 of 86
    Quote:

steve jobs told him to focus on a few things you do well. He took his advice and cut a bunch of products. he focused on google apps and they have redesigned it a bit. thats good but what about the future? google+? not great. buying motorola mobile? will have to wait and see about that one. android? unifying is a good idea. too bad they didn't see it early on. but none of this is insanely great.

larry is a search guy. i don't think he can be a 'steve jobs'. maybe i am wrong. will wait and see.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    Quote:

steve jobs told him to focus on a few things you do well. He took his advice and cut a bunch of products. he focused on google apps and they have redesigned it a bit. thats good but what about the future? google+? not great. buying motorola mobile? will have to wait and see about that one. android? unifying is a good idea. too bad they didn't see it early on. but none of this is insanely great.

larry is a search guy. i don't think he can be a 'steve jobs'. maybe i am wrong. will wait and see.

He doesn't have to be Steve Jobs.