Steve Jobs' sister shares his final moments, last words

Comments

• Reply 21 of 135
    bwikbwik Posts: 565member
    I had imagined he died more like David Carradine.
  • Reply 22 of 135
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onemanvolt View Post

I'm so distraught over Steve Jobs death. He was a saint, a prophet to humanity. Do you suppose the sister saved any dung or urine while he was sick. Would that not be awesome to kick it with some Steve Jobs excrement. They could distribute some to all these people overcome with grief. We shall eat of his dung and drink of his urine.

You're fucked up. Stop mocking people here.
  • Reply 23 of 135
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    @ Slurpy,

Don't quote such posts, just report them with the report button »

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I don't know. Having gone through a near death experience myself I would not like to have made public the stuff I said at that point. I was telling the paramedics to write down passwords with my last words. My friends said I was talking some crazy stuff just before I went unconscious. I stayed in a coma for 3 months. I'm fine now but even unconscious I was having recurring nightmares. That stuff should remain private.

There is discretion to consider, but you seem to be against her releasing any last words, with or without his consent, not something intimate or unreasonably personal, like passwords.

For all we know his last words were part of his last marketing tactic or maybe it was an inappropriate "Control-Alt-Delete" or maybe he was staying crazy stuff like you were with his last words being not being ""OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW." but an embarrassing "JWoww. JWoww. JWoww." I'd hope my family would do a slight rewrite in my favour if that last one were to happen.
  • Reply 24 of 135
    "Oh wow" sounds exactly the same as "Oh, ow!" . How could she tell the difference?
  • Reply 25 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jezza63 View Post

"Oh wow" sounds exactly the same as "Oh, ow!" . How could she tell the difference?

Maybe because she heard it and you didn't?
  • Reply 26 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You're fucked up. Stop mocking people here.

just report the posts, don't respond to them...absolutely pathetic people...
  • Reply 27 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by megalaser View Post

You are running a highly offensive google ad on the Steve Jobs last words page for a novelty gelatin brain mould. It's actually quite a repulsive and disgusting photo to have right next to an article on Steve Jobs passing, please remove it ASAP.

They don't place the AdSense ads.
  • Reply 28 of 135
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    As Tim Cook said "Steve, we will miss you forever."
  • Reply 29 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

To conclude, Simpson shared how Jobs' final words as he looked at his sister Patty, his children and his wife, then over their shoulders, were "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW."

He must have gotten a vision of the next Google device....
  • Reply 30 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

just report the posts, don't respond to them...absolutely pathetic people...

It's why I hate it when sites like PC Mag, eWeek, ZDNET, CNET and their likes write about this. Their commenters are full of cold, heartless, immature people who can't for once in their life, leave the hate and immaturity and pay respects to an amazing person.
  • Reply 31 of 135
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onemanvolt View Post

I'm so distraught over Steve Jobs death. He was a saint, a prophet to humanity. Do you suppose the sister saved any dung or urine while he was sick. Would that not be awesome to kick it with some Steve Jobs excrement. They could distribute some to all these people overcome with grief. We shall eat of his dung and drink of his urine.

This post has been reported and hopefully will be removed. It mocks Steve and diminishes his true nature. Steve would have not liked this and no I am not thinking what would Steve do. Lets say Tim Cook would see this as vulgar as with the rest of us.
  • Reply 32 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

It's why I hate it when sites like PC Mag, eWeek, ZDNET, CNET and their likes write about this. Their commenters are full of cold, heartless, immature people who can't for once in their life, leave the hate and immaturity and pay respects to an amazing person.

I don't get those people at all. They have this expectation that for any accomplish to be valued it has to be backed by no flaws or failures in character or judgment. I say that accomplishments should be valued because of the ever present risk of failure. We still, despite not being perfect, have the ability to make choices that make others happy, that make lives better.
  • Reply 33 of 135
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

And children of other fathers are dont have it hard?

They don't have to read about it on AI.
  • Reply 34 of 135
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Just three words: Thank you, Mona.
  • Reply 35 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

To conclude, Simpson shared how Jobs' final words as he looked at his sister Patty, his children and his wife, then over their shoulders, were "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW."

Godspeed, Steve.

See you on the other side.
  • Reply 36 of 135
    That was so moving. Thanks Mona for sharing your eulogy with us. I really hope that you write a book reminiscing about your time with your beloved brother and his family. I am sure millions of his fans will be extremely grateful.
  • Reply 37 of 135
    My God, it's full of stars! Steve, you will be taken care of in the next evolution of your consciousness. Hope to see you again in person, if that be the will of the universe. The closest I got to you was one auditorium away in Moscone centre.
  • Reply 38 of 135
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

My God, it's full of stars! Steve, you will be taken care of in the next evolution of your consciousness. Hope to see you again in person, if that be the will of the universe. The closest I got to you was one auditorium away in Moscone centre.

Where will H.A.L be by then?
  • Reply 39 of 135
    Perhaps the most successful business leaders in the modern age was driven by love and beauty.

We have a highly dysfunctional global economy driven by short sighted selfishness and money grubbing greed. The byproducts of this dysfunction are deep and wide. We should be moving rapidly into the Space Age, but we are stuck with things like perpetual war, mass starvation and extinction, irreparable toxicity contaminating the deepest caves and the highest clouds, entrenched servitude to the working class lifestyle, and slowly building climate change.

But the conventional wisdom is that the profit motive, selfishness, greed, are the things that will drive the best economic outcome.

How ironic, and profound.

Hopefully over time Steve Jobs will be studied not as a technologist, but as a business leader who saw that the bigger picture is not a dream for hippies, but is integral to achieving true positive outcomes.

sigh
  • Reply 40 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicwalmsley View Post

Perhaps the most successful business leaders in the modern age was driven by love and beauty.

We have a highly dysfunctional global economy driven by short sighted selfishness and money grubbing greed. The byproducts of this dysfunction are deep and wide. We should be moving rapidly into the Space Age, but we are stuck with things like perpetual war, mass starvation and extinction, irreparable toxicity contaminating the deepest caves and the highest clouds, entrenched servitude to the working class lifestyle, and slowly building climate change.

But the conventional wisdom is that the profit motive, selfishness, greed, are the things that will drive the best economic outcome.

How ironic, and profound.

Hopefully over time Steve Jobs will be studied not as a technologist, but as a business leader who saw that the bigger picture is not a dream for hippies, but is integral to achieving true positive outcomes.

sigh

Wow some of you are just nucking futs over this guy. I just read the book. Sure he was smart, and he was a master of salemanship if there ever was one. In the field of computers he stood out easily amongst the Woz's and Gate's type nerds, which was not hard.

However, (if you read the book) he is not someone I would have been friends with. He shit all over lots of people and did it in a horrible way all the time. People die everyday and its sad, epecially if they were a good person. While I feel sorry for his family and bummed he wont be around to do more things, I am not sad because we lost a wonderful, nice guy.