Steve Jobs' sister shares his final moments, last words

Comments

• Reply 61 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onemanvolt View Post

I'm so distraught over Steve Jobs death. He was a saint, a prophet to humanity. Do you suppose the sister saved any dung or urine while he was sick. Would that not be awesome to kick it with some Steve Jobs excrement. They could distribute some to all these people overcome with grief. We shall eat of his dung and drink of his urine.

You really are a sick fucker to post something like that.
  • Reply 62 of 135
    Quote:

While I feel sorry for his family and bummed he wont be around to do more things, I am not sad because we lost a wonderful, nice guy.

To that I'll quote 'The world's only lovable tech columnist' Mike Elgan,

"We shouldn’t delude ourselves into thinking he (Steve Jobs) was perfect. But we should also not allow ourselves to over-indulge the inclination to exaggerate his transgressions. Steve Jobs could be a jerk. But he was also insanely great. Above all, Steve Jobs was human. And both his successes and his moral failings should be tempered by an understanding of the larger contexts in which he lived his extraordinary life."

Quote:

I think that's wrong that she shared his last words. Anyone's death shouldn't be told to people like that.

Given how Jobs zealously guarded his personal and family life, I'm kind of mixed on this however If the sister had the agreement of the entire family (including Steve), I'll take it as a positive. If not, I'll more than share your sentiment but it's not likely we'll ever know though because I can't foresee somebody like Laurene Jobs going public to chide the sister. I'd hate to think that Mona Simpson published this intimate family moment to further her professional career.
  • Reply 63 of 135
    Well, I haven't the faintest idea what SJ meant by that but I do know what I'd probably say, "OH Sh*t."
  • Reply 64 of 135
    ylonylon Posts: 49member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Why did he say that?

He was probably envisioning the tunnelling effect.

Its a natural process that people misinterpret as "getting close to God."

In reality, the blood in the eye sockets compress on the retina from the sides creating a "tunnel" effect. Many people interpret this as the "light at the end of the tunnel" = God awaiting them.

I have had family who lived and experienced this effect WITH our loved one; who travelled the "tunnel" with them during death. So no, I don't think it's correct to assume this.
  • Reply 65 of 135
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Oh wow, Oh wow, oh wow ?

What he didn't get get to finish was:

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, the god damn gate is shaped like an Apple, and as it was opening, there was a person was getting ready to check him in, using an iPad

The above statement was said with sincerity.

Skip
  • Reply 66 of 135
    I heard that his last words were actually "Yeah I'm gay. Gay for that pussy!"
  • Reply 67 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ylon View Post

I have had family who lived and experienced this effect WITH our loved one; who travelled the "tunnel" with them during death. So no, I don't think it's correct to assume this.

And Santa Claus was with them!
  • Reply 68 of 135
    AI, I think you demean the site, its serious members, SJ's memory, and his family by still allowing all the utterly disgusting posts to remain in this thread.

I truly hope you guys will clean it up. Please.
  • Reply 69 of 135
    You should have heard the words that came from my mother and grandmothers' mouths when they expired from cancer... Off their heads on morphine they died spouting gibberish (and very funny it was in the case of my grandmother).

Wow would seem appropriate seeing Jobs never did have a great vocabulary.
  • Reply 70 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

Jobs never did have a great vocabulary.

What the frick is wrong with you people?!
  • Reply 71 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kotatsu View Post

Oh come on, give it a rest. There's no need to spoil a nice moment with childish rubbish.

We're all just machines and when the electricity stops in our brains, we no longer exist. Steve was no different.

Nobody knows, absolutely, the truth of what happens after death. Nobody knows the truth of what makes life, life. You can look exclusively at science and assume that because nothing has been proven there is nothing at all (which is quite silly, as even science is routinely expanding its horizons and realizing new things), you can take a faith-based approach and assume that there is a God (or perhaps even go so far as to envision that God), or you can acknowledge that perhaps there might be something to it?perhaps there might be something more associated with death than rotting and feeding the worms.

In any case, reducing this thread to your personal beliefs is no less annoying than the former person taking the opportunity to inject his own beliefs. As it stands, Steve Jobs has gone on to experience something which we all have yet to truly, and fully, experience.
  • Reply 72 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

Wow would seem appropriate seeing Jobs never did have a great vocabulary.

He was probably saying "ow".
  • Reply 73 of 135
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

My God, it's full of stars! Steve, you will be taken care of in the next evolution of your consciousness. Hope to see you again in person, if that be the will of the universe. The closest I got to you was one auditorium away in Moscone centre.

Steve was a Buddhist. Most Buddhists believe that they will be reincarnated.

Your best bet may be to search for babies born at the time of his death, much like some Buddhists search for the reincarnation of a dead lama.

WRT finding Steve in any Muslim/Judeo/Christian heavan, keep in mind that he rejected Jesus, and so it is unlikely that he will fit in with any Christian's mythological belief in who is worthy of salvation.

Are you a Christian? Buddhist? Where do you expect that you might see him in person?
  • Reply 74 of 135
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    We lost a fantastic human being and person, rest in peace mr. Jobs.
  • Reply 75 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bettieblue View Post

However, (if you read the book) he is not someone I would have been friends with. He shit all over lots of people and did it in a horrible way all the time.

No, that is incorrect. His love of other people was the main driving force in his life.

For example, he loved each and every one of his customers. He built over 300 Apple Sores due to this love. He said so in the context of telling us that the i4 antenna was good enough for us.
  • Reply 76 of 135
    bill42bill42 Posts: 131member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onemanvolt View Post

I'm so distraught over Steve Jobs death. He was a saint, a prophet to humanity. Do you suppose the sister saved any dung or urine while he was sick. Would that not be awesome to kick it with some Steve Jobs excrement. They could distribute some to all these people overcome with grief. We shall eat of his dung and drink of his urine.

Hey troll,

I have some of his dung that you can eat if you want.

I know I am not supposed to reply to comments like this, but I am weak.
  • Reply 77 of 135
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

To conclude, Simpson shared how Jobs' final words as he looked at his sister Patty, his children and his wife, then over their shoulders, were "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW."

Probably was seeing some brand new iDevice that would re-revolutionize the world as we know it and now we'll never know about it.
  • Reply 78 of 135
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    His last words were at once beautiful and freaky. Beautiful because he probably saw and experienced something awe inspiring. And freaky because we don't know what that was. OH WOW is not a carefully considered response. He could have been at a top of a scary roller coaster about to descend, or he could have been blinded by light. I guess we'll find out at some point.
  • Reply 79 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bill42 View Post

Hey troll,

I have some of his dung that you can eat if you want.

Can I have some to sell on eBay? Is Steve's dung sold by weight or volume? Do you think I could get $100/gram?
  • Reply 80 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Having been around him at NeXT and Apple ...

... Respect is earned, and Steve earned in spades.

Fully agree. Thanks for sharing your insight!

I don't think there is much controversy that - with the exception of the computers Apple produced in the '90ies before Steve Jobs returned - Apple has continued to set trends in the computer in the computer, music and mobile industry. This doesn't happen by shooting for mediocrity.