phone not activated

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
bought the verizon 4s pre-order and received it on oct 14th. synced it to itunes that day and have done so there after even setting up the icloud and backing up the phone as well. I want to get protection plus on the phone so I called apple care to buy it however this is where the problem starts. They claim that my phone has not been activated. This can not be right since I have talked on the phone with no problems since the 14th. Has anyone come across this problem and how was it solved? The person I spoke to on the phone wasnt much help and couldnt find an answer to my problem. I have until Nov 14th to purchase this and would like to before the time runs out

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    a little bit more to the story now, was finally past the hurdle of the validation. Now the problem is that Verizon had sold me protection plan (applecare) on the 21st. They claimed that if I register the protection plan I could call Apple and upgrade to Protection plus. After I set it up, I was told by apple that was not the case and to return it and then they would sell me the plus one. I did, but the plan is still attached to my account. How do I get that off? Do I have to have verizon do it, since they sold it to me, or does apple have to it? I am so confused with all of this!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Chances are that Verizon sold you THEIR protection plan NOT Applecare---check that out--if so you would have to call Verizon and cancel it and then call Apple and get their plan---I don't think Verizon sells the Apple plan they sell a protection plan but it is their own.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    moewmoew Posts: 41member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

Chances are that Verizon sold you THEIR protection plan NOT Applecare---check that out--if so you would have to call Verizon and cancel it and then call Apple and get their plan---I don't think Verizon sells the Apple plan they sell a protection plan but it is their own.

Is that Asurion?

How would that 3rd party insurance (like $5 here on VZ for my smartphone) get transmitted to Apple? I smell a class-action-lawsuit