"quote" movie thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok, here's how this is gonna work. quote a line from a favorite movie. if this works we can even make a game out of it, putting the quote and guessing which movie it came from. but for now, start simple...

Farva: Say car Ramrod. Say car Ramrod. You didnt say it!

Ramathorn: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot.

Farva: I wrote it down!

-Super Troopers (my current favorite movie)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 66
    It's Afghanistanimation!
  • Reply 2 of 66
    "Luuuuukkkkeeee... I am your FA-THA!"
  • Reply 3 of 66
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Follow the Apple Neo...
  • Reply 4 of 66
    This is more a *series* of quotes that make up a whole scene rather than single quote, but this is my all-time favorite movie moment and I think it deserves the attention.

Kirk: "Spock!"

Spock: "The ship... out of danger?"

Kirk: "Yes."

Spock: "DonÂ?t grieve, Admiral. It is logical... The needs of the many outweigh..."

Kirk: "The needs of the few."

Spock: "...or the one. I never took the Kobayashi Maru test, until now. What do you think of my solution?"

Kirk: "Spock..."

Spock: "I have been and always shall be your friend. Live long and prosper."

(Spock dies.)

Kirk: "No."

Kirk - giving Spock's eulogy: "We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. And yet it should be noted that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new worldÂ?a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect, to nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

Â*

Â*

That is such a great scene in The Wrath of Khan. Such anguish. Best of friends finally parting after so many years. It nearly brings a tear to me eye.
  • Reply 5 of 66
    WOK?

Damn fine movie.

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: ShawnPatrickJoyce ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 66
    "I see dead people"

AND

"Daddy, there's an alien outside my window" (Paraphrased)
  • Reply 7 of 66
    This is from Dark Angel, not a movie, but...

Sketchy: Alpha leader. Come in, alpha leader.

Normal: Roger, this is alpha leader, over.

Sketchy: This isn't Roger, this is Sketchy.

Normal: "Roger" is an acknowledgement in the affirmative, not some person's name, moron. And how many times have I told you, say "over." Over.

Sketchy: Acknowledged. Over over.

Normal: No, not "over over." "Over." Over.

Sketchy: Well, that's what I just said. "Over over."

Normal: Oh, God, never mind. What do you got for me? (beat) Over.

Sketchy: The headless mutant transgenic male caucasian subject just left, armed with a sniper rifle. The others went after him. Over over.

Normal: Roger. Guess we know what was in that package he was after. All right, this is alpha leader. Clear.

Sketchy: Now you forgot to say "over over." Over over.

Normal: Nitwit!

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: Logan Cale ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 66
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
  • Reply 9 of 66
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas.

A looper, you know, a caddy; a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald ? striking.

So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver.

He hauls off and whacks one ? big hitter, the Lama ? long, into a 10,000 foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier.

And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... Gunga, gunga galunga.

So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?"

And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.'

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/ventura010510.html"; target="_blank">Not a complete moron, then.</a>

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: Poppy Boggy-Hillocks ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 66
    "There was evidence in this room of the excessive consumption of every illegal substance known to man since 1544 A.D."

"We can't stop here, this is Bat country!!"
  • Reply 11 of 66
    "...and do you know how we got so successful?"

"Why Johnny? Tell us."

"Because were diversified. Diversification. Yes, sir. We're constantly exploring new and excitin' areas of crime. And I'll tell ya somethin'. We'd better, because there's a couple Japanese gangs out there that are gonna do it faster, and cheaper."

My favorite movie, my namesake, my favorite actor, and my inspiration.

- Johnny Dangerously
  • Reply 12 of 66
    "gee, i'm real sorry your mom blew up, ricky."

if you cant name this movie, you arent worthy of this thread...
  • Reply 13 of 66
    "Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair!

I destroy you! I burn you!"

Excalibur.

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: Vargas ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 66
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    This thread is pointless if you include the movie.

alliance:

Better Off Dead

A fun game to play with stoned friends: carry on a conversation entirely in movie quotes.

Belle:

That's one of the best quotes from a movie ever. You are my hero.
  • Reply 15 of 66
    Graphic33----see my sig...one of my favorite books....and a good movie by the name of

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

g
  • Reply 16 of 66
    "Fudge.... Packer?"

or

these are all from the same movie

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante Hicks: Call the police!

Randal Graves: Why?

Dante Hicks: Because there's a stranger in our bathroom that just raped Caitlin!

Randal Graves: She said she did all the work!

Dante Hicks: Will you shut the **** up!

Dante Hicks: You said you only had sex with three different guys; you never mentioned him!

Veronica Loughran: Because I never HAD sex with him.

Dante Hicks: You sucked his dick!

Veronica Loughran: We went out a few times. We never had sex but we fooled around.

Dante Hicks: Oh my God, WHY did you tell me you only had sex with three different guys?

Veronica Loughran: Because I DID only have sex with three different guys; that doesn't mean I didn't just go with people.

Dante Hicks: Oh my God, I feel so nauseous!

Veronica Loughran: I'm sorry, Dante, I thought you understood!

Dante Hicks: I did understand! I understood that you had sex with three different guys and that's all you said!

Veronica Loughran: Please calm down.

Dante Hicks: How many?

Veronica Loughran: Dante...

Dante Hicks: How many dicks have you sucked?

Veronica Loughran: Let it go!

Dante Hicks: How many?

Veronica Loughran: All right, shut up a second and I'll tell you! Jesus! I didn't freak out like this when you told me how many girls you ****ed!

Dante Hicks: This is different, this is important. How many?

[long pause as customer buys something]

Dante Hicks: Well?

Veronica Loughran: Something like... 36.

Dante Hicks: What? Something like 36?

Veronica Loughran: Lower your voice.

Dante Hicks: Wait a minute, what is that anyway, something like 36? Does that INCLUDE me?

Veronica Loughran: Ummm...37.

Dante Hicks: I'm 37?!

Dante Hicks: My girlfriend's sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?

Dante Hicks: Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way through the parking lot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay: I don't care if she's my cousin or not, I'm gonna knock those boots again tonight.

g

[ 09-27-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 17 of 66
    "Ni!"

"Then they pants you and drag you around the track..."
  • Reply 18 of 66
    "When I see a ghost, I cut the mutha ****a." -Dolemite

"You're handsome, woman love you and I'm drunk and from Ohio! Can I say something?" -Vanilla Sky

" I'll send you a love letter! Straight from my heart, ****er! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a ****ing gun, ****er! You recieve a love letter from me, you're ****ed forever! You understand, ****? I'll send you straight to hell, ****er! " -Blue Velvet

"Six ****in' car lengths. That's a hundred and six ****in' feet, mister! If I had to stop suddenly, you woulda hit me. I want you to get a ****in' driver's manual, and I want you to study that mother****er. And I want you to obey the the goddamn rules! Fifty-****in' thousand people were killed on the highway last year 'cause of ****in' assholes like you. Tell me you're gonna get a manual! " -Lost Highway

Pete Dayton: "What's going on?"

Mystery Man: "Great question! In the East, the Far East, when a person is sentenced to death, they're sent to a place where they can't escape, never knowing when an executioner will step up behind them and fire a bullet into the back of their head. It could be days, weeks, or even years after the death sentence has been prononunced. This uncertainty adds an exquisite element of torture to the sitution, don't you think? It's been a pleasure talking to you." -Lost Highway

"Once you've been driven off a bridge at 80 mph, somehow, you don't invite happiness in without a full body search." - Vanilla Sky
  • Reply 19 of 66
    i wish i weren't a bit phuqd up right now, so i could quote a bit more, but i think the verbiage should be enough clue, to anyone whose seen the movie:

"i've got a bit of a pain in my gulliver."

i love the words that the main character in that movie uses. the words and phrases he uses are so odd, and uncommon its fun to try and make them out into common english. i think he also says something like "what kind of bits have you to play your fuzzy wobbles on?". its like wow man, use fvcking english. but then again, its kewl that he uses weird fukking words to get at whats he sayin so its all cool. hmmm, seems i'm going a bit more wordy than i expected. only the bits there in quotation marks are from actual movies. i'm gonna stop tiping now.
  • Reply 20 of 66
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    It's the one that says bad ass mother****er on it.

Are we still guessing? All the others are listed or obvious, and gelding's is clerks. Part of the jersey trilogy.

[ 09-28-2002: Message edited by: serrano ]</p>