Apple to launch iPhone 4S in Hong Kong, South Korea and more Nov. 11

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
On Friday, Nov. 11, customers in Hong Kong, South Korea and 13 additional countries will be able to get their hands on Apple's iPhone 4S.

The full list of countries that will begin selling the iPhone next Friday are Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, El Salvador, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Malta, Montenegro, New Zealand, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Romania and South Korea. iPhone 4S is available today in 29 countries around the world and will be available in more than 70 countries by the end of the year.

This Friday, Nov. 4, preorders for the iPhone 4S will begin in Hong Kong, South Korea and other countries. Preorders will not be available in Albania, El Salvador, Guatemala, Malta, Montenegro and Panama.

The iPhone 4S expanded to 22 additional countries last Friday: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

It has been the fastest rollout ever of a new iPhone for Apple, mirroring an aggressive strategy taken by the company with the launch of the iPad 2 earlier this year. The new iPhone 4S officially launched earlier this month in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K., France, Germany and Japan.

Sales of the iPhone 4S have already broken records, as Apple announced the new handset topped four million in its first weekend of availability. Strong sales and greater availability during the holiday sales period have set up what is expected to be a record breaking quarter for Apple, even prompting Chief Executive Tim Cook to say during his company's quarterly earnings conference call that he is "confident" Apple will hit a new high for iPhone sales in the current quarter.

"In our wildest dreams, we couldn't have got off to a better start than we did with the iPhone 4S," he said.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    The roll-out continues, meanwhile here in the UK it's nigh on impossible to get one through an upgrade on O2 \
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jnjnjnjnjnjn Posts: 588member
    I was eligible for an upgrade (from T-Mobile), but it didn't make much of a difference compared to a new contract.

And I possibly had to wait a month for it.

So I bought one from the Dutch Apple Store. Should be delivered within a week. Can't wait.

J.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    i'm surprised south korea didn't block the sale of this
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Still no news about India, read that they are planning a November 23 launch, hope they do.l
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcallows View Post

South Korea? the country? That's not how it works. Not without provocation.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    neosumneosum Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcallows View Post

Samsung is painting a horrible picture of apple and trying to convince koreans that this is a race war between koreans and americans. They own the media there. Despite that, there are still millions of fans who are smart enough to not buy samsung's ridiculous race war claims.

If they blocked the sale of apple in korea, it would backfire 10 fold when koreans start pointing at samsung as the evil cooporation who lied to them. Right now, samsung is doing a decent job in convincing koreans that apple is the evil company that's trying to take over their country.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neosum View Post

Samsung is? ?trying to convince koreans that this is a race war between koreans and americans.

That's a pretty dang strong accusation. Do you have any evidence of that?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    neosumneosum Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's a pretty dang strong accusation. Do you have any evidence of that?

Just look at some of the korean newspapers and you'll see their articles. There's plenty of them. You'll have to translate them though, or find someone who reads korean to translate for you. I don't have a single particular article in mind though. Samsung controls the media in korea in a much stronger influence than the coverage apple gets here in the states.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    eric475eric475 Posts: 177member
    Yeah, the media is on Samsung's payroll. You're right about that. One of the 3 biggest S. Korean dailies is outright owned by Samsung. But there's blowback if they take it too far. The iPhone is popular in S. Korea. No doubt about that. If Samsung were to block the sale of the iPhone in S. Korea that would anger/alienate a lot of young S. Korean consumers. Btw, Samsung controls the S. Korean government inasmuch as Wall Street controls the White House.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Yippee! Finally New Zealand makes the cut...
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bclapper View Post

The roll-out continues, meanwhile here in the UK it's nigh on impossible to get one through an upgrade on O2 \

Likewise, I just basically fed-up checking their stock availability online 3-4 times a day I just going to buy one SIM-free later today. Been looking out for a white 32 but tough luck getting one (there are 4 O2 stores here + an apple store). There were some black versions on all capacity but I'm continuing from my 3GS option. Not much gap to the next update for a term-contract plus 16GB is a good enough space for me. Plus, my current package includes unlimited data albeit at £31/m. Getting a new contract mean £21 (voice+SMS) + £6 (500MB) or + £10 (1GB limit). No thanks. I'm watching live sports on Sky Go I need unlimited