Halloween tradition continues at Steve Jobs' home in Palo Alto

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

You're only making yourself look more a fool the more you post.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

I hope no one dressed up as an apple with a razor blade protruding.

Point proven.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I didn't realize that people left flowers out side of Steve's home in Palo Alto. I wonder how long it will take his wife to get over her loss. Being that people may come up to her and say "sorry for your loss" of the flowers outside the home may end up being dropped off there for up to a year. Wonder if she will move away to heal.

The flowers have been removed (nothing there a couple of days ago). I live close by. Security vans are still there though...
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Quote:

Also, one of Jobs' neighbors shared in August a memory of Jobs dressing up as Frankenstein for the haunted garden one year.

That's very unclear. I wonder if that means he dressed up as Frankenstein or Frankenstein's monster. Given that it's Jobs we're talking about, I wouldn't assume this was an editorial gaffe and that they really meant he did dress up as Dr. Frankenstein.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:

Point proven.

Are you talking to yourself again? Trying to make a point? It's not working. Pathetic actually.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    Quote:

Point proven.

Sennen... calm yourself. The majority of the members agree with you and we can't figure out what the fuck is happening at AI, letting someone like that continually antagonize people.

At first it was just a joke but I'm beginning to actually think some of these people are hired by AI to increase the hit count.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by inkswamp View Post

That's very unclear. I wonder if that means he dressed up as Frankenstein or Frankenstein's monster. Given that it's Jobs we're talking about, I wouldn't assume this was an editorial gaffe and that they really meant he did dress up as Dr. Frankenstein.

It would have been much more fitting for Andy Rubin to dress up as Dr. Frankenstein.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Sennen... calm yourself.

Haha, don't fret, I'm quite calm. It's just amusing to see what stupid things some people say.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Curious, did anyone dress up as Steve Jobs? I think some kids in mock black turtlenecks, jeans, runners and glasses would look cute. It could be seen as traumatising, but it could be reassuring to his wife that Steve has inspired a whole new generation to be like him. Plus it would be a kind of "Think Different" about Halloween. His wife sounds like a smart person in the biography, she would "get" it.

(Note: As Steve Jobs not as "The Ghost Of Steve Jobs". That would be disturbing.)
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

Well then I suppose you should be anxiously awaiting for what the Steve Jobs family Christmas decorations should look like on their Palo Alto house and what side dishes will be served with Thanksgiving dinner too?

No one is making you read it, are they? Lighten up and move on.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    FYI, I have deleted some of the iKol-related posts in this thread and sent this message to iKol:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H to iKol

I don't have a problem with people making anti-apple posts or calling people when they are just being dribbling fanbois. However, these antagonistic posts must be on-topic, well reasoned and well written. Your posts do not fulfil these criteria and are simply trolling.

I am therefore giving you 5 infraction points which will never expire, plus 3 which will expire in 6 months. In the short term, this will result in you being banned for 10 days. In the long term, if you accumulate 10 infraction points you will be banned forever.

Please do not respond to this message in this thread; it is off-topic. Please start a new thread in the feedback section if you wish to discuss trolling.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    conrailconrail Posts: 489member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I didn't realize that people left flowers out side of Steve's home in Palo Alto. I wonder how long it will take his wife to get over her loss. Being that people may come up to her and say "sorry for your loss" of the flowers outside the home may end up being dropped off there for up to a year. Wonder if she will move away to heal.

I don't know. Although loss of a loved one hits everyone at a personal level, I can't help think it would be different if your loved one were a public figure. I would think that, for the most part, it would be very comforting to know how many people cared.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I appreciate this is off the main thrust of the topic but using the words 'traditional' and 'Halloween' and discussing dressing as an iPad is pretty strange. Halloween is about spooks, witches, vampires and all things related to the fictional undead. Only modern day marketing (or perhaps Christian sensitivities?) has turned it into a night where dressing as a cowboy or an iPad considered normal. Personally, I miss Halloween costumes being in line with tradition.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

Fake iPhone? I dressed up as a Samsung Galaxy S. Yes, you're right. I did dress up as a fake iPhone.

Quote:

Haha, don't fret, I'm quite calm. It's just amusing to see what stupid things some people say.

Isn't it though! It was very thoughtful of the Jobs family to continue with the Halloween tradition and no doubt families from the neighborhood very much enjoyed it, although with deep sadness no doubt.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I appreciate this is off the main thrust of the topic but using the words 'traditional' and 'Halloween' and discussing dressing as an iPad is pretty strange. Halloween is about spooks, witches, vampires and all things related to the fictional undead. Only modern day marketing (or perhaps Christian sensitivities?) has turned it into a night where dressing as a cowboy or an iPad considered normal. Personally, I miss Halloween costumes being in line with tradition.

Well, if you do want to be more purist about it Halloween was not always about fictional undead... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain

While I get your drift, tradition is something that also evolves over time.