Apple allows Motorola Mobility to win default German injunction over iPhone

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except swipe to unlock is neither FRAND nor harmful to competition.

Fosspatents says that only one of the patents looks like FRAND. The other one is not. So how again this is any different than apple's injunction against Samsung?
  • Reply 82 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

"I am repeating myself, but you guys sound like high school girls"-Stelligent

"I make commentary, sometimes with wicked sarcasm, about people's words and observations, but do not mark them with sophomoric labels"-Stelligent

That my friend is hypocrisy.

Wear that hat gladly now.

And your sarcasm isnt anywhere near wicked. It's bland.

He's actually making an observation then comparing the actions (using a rather sell known writing technique) to the actions of a cliquish group of high school girls.

No hypocrisy at all.

He never said "you are high school girls"

Had he done that your 'witty' response would've actually been as intelligent as you assumed.
  • Reply 83 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

He's actually making an observation then comparing the actions (using a rather sell known writing technique) to the actions of a cliquish group of high school girls.

No hypocrisy at all.

Had he done that your 'witty' response would've actually been as intelligent as you assumed.

It's safe to say thAt intransigence is often accompanied by a filter that blocks logic. Thanks for trying.
  • Reply 84 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LarryV View Post

Fosspatents says that only one of the patents looks like FRAND. The other one is not. So how again this is any different than apple's injunction against Samsung?

He's promised an update within a couple of hours that includes details from a discussion with lawyers. This is turning into a Florian Muller vs Nilay Patel spat. I'm getting a ringside seat.
  • Reply 85 of 99
    jack99jack99 Posts: 157member
    EDITED:

This madness needs to come to an end at some point.
  • Reply 86 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

No hypocrisy at all.

I'm sure he's doing lots of things. Including using sophomoric labels. And at at the same time saying he doesn't use sophomoric labels. That's being hypocritical.
  • Reply 87 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

It's safe to say thAt intransigence is often accompanied by a filter that blocks logic. Thanks for trying.

I agree. Intransigence might well be the reason you couldn't admit you didn't know what a mixed metaphor is, on another thread, even though it was clear you didn't. And now I suspect youre going to claim the label high school girls isn't sophomoric.

This isn't rocket surgery <--- that is a mixed metaphor.
  • Reply 88 of 99
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

I agree. Intransigence might well be the reason you couldn't admit you didn't know what a mixed metaphor is, on another thread, even though it was clear you didn't. And now I suspect youre going to claim the label high school girls isn't sophomoric.

This isn't rocket surgery <--- that is a mixed metaphor.

Right, I don't know what a mixed metaphor is.

EDIT: But I do know a mixed up person when I see one.

Just kidding. Don't take it personally.
  • Reply 89 of 99
    neo42neo42 Posts: 287member
    So Apple conceded in this injunction? Sounds a lot like 'losing' to me.
  • Reply 90 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

So Apple conceded in this injunction? Sounds a lot like 'losing' to me.

Sounds a lot like not reading the article or the thread to me.
  • Reply 91 of 99
    Quote:

Right, I don't know what a mixed metaphor is.

EDIT: But I do know a mixed up person when I see one.

Just kidding. Don't take it personally.

I wont. If I did I'd march straight out of the basement and tell my mom on you. Then you'd be sorry
  • Reply 92 of 99
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Sounds a lot like not reading the article or the thread to me.

Sounds like you want him to read the article to you.
  • Reply 93 of 99
    Quote:

Sounds like you want him to read the article to you.

If that's the only way he's able to prove to me that he understands it, sure.
  • Reply 94 of 99
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 95 of 99
    deleted
  • Reply 96 of 99
    deleted
  • Reply 97 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sip View Post

I think that is poor judgement (and argument) on your part.

I don't like Samsung products but would hardly call them pirates --.......Calling Samsung pirates because it is based in a part of the world where pirates have operated for centuries is very much a generalisation, wouldn't win any debates and, at worst, could be seen to be xenophobic.....

I guess you have not seen the pictures of Samsung before the iPhone and after the iPhone!!

Their own lawyer could not tell the difference in phones from 10 feet away.

Stealing the design, look, feel, etc is what we call "Pirating the design".

Just a thought.

en
  • Reply 98 of 99
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    And things go on with the Motorola attempt to gain an injunction on Apple devices in Germany. Surprisingly (to me at least), it looking increasingly evident that Motorola may succeed. Unlike the patents that Samsung is trying to assert against Apple, the Moto patent(s) isn't a standard, thus FRAND claims aren't applicable.

At least the German judge's seems to be consistent in their views towards IP. His quote to Apple in their Motorola dispute?

"The technology isn’t a standard and there are alternative ways to provide the same services.

Where have we heard something similar before?

EDIT: Well, this news is somewhat major if true. Motorola looks like they're on a roll, likely to win an injunction on iCloud services in February. Apple stands accused of infringing on Motorola IP in their iCloud and MobileMe products.

http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2011...in-german.html
  • Reply 99 of 99
    OMG, this site is so funny it's ridiculous. So when Apple loses, it 'allows' a company to beat it? Let that would have been the reverse! "Apple wins injunction against Motorola Mobility".

Now, Gizmodo has " Apple Might Have to Stop Selling Products That Use iCloud in Germany Because of Motorola"

AA could have spun it that way, but it would have put Apple in bad light....correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see this injunction happening though, but would be VERY surprised if so. Good thing Google bought Moto for that patents!