Microsoft looking to drum up Windows Phone interest with 55-foot NYC installation

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Oh, there are options...

http://quocomputer.com/

Oh, good. Another Psystar to crush into the dust.

Also, is their site broken for anyone else? I can't scroll.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Oh, good. Another Psystar to crush into the dust.

Also, is their site broken for anyone else? I can't scroll.

It's not so much broken as a stupid new page navigation protocol. There's a popup box and you click on the part of the image in the popup box that you want to see.

They've been around for quite a while - I remember seeing this weird navigation system back in the Psystar days.
  • Reply 43 of 55
    Did anyone notice the spelling errors in the Barbra Streisand tile? e.g "Barbara Steisand"
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's not so much broken as a stupid new page navigation protocol. There's a popup box and you click on the part of the image in the popup box that you want to see.

Ah, thanks.

Odd for a company built on making things "easy" and "seamless".
  • Reply 45 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Imageman View Post

Sad to hear Apple may no longer produce desktops, leaves many of us (heavy graphics processing) without options - IM

Your comment has nothing to do with this thread and is incorrect for a number of reasons.

1. Apple has not announced the end of it's desktops

2. The rumor is about the Mac Pro only and the iMac is still a desktop

3. All current MacBooks, iMacs and Mac Minis sport Thunderbold ports that can do 10-Gbps and run multiple high performance video cards, raids, etc. So any shipping Mac can be like a Mac Pro for expandability and preformance.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    whozownwhozown Posts: 128member
    This is just sad. And the video was painful to watch.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whozown View Post

This is just sad. And the video was painful to watch.

There's a video of Microsoft Store employees "spontaneously" line dancing supposedly because they're young and hip and love Microsoft products. Search for it.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    MSFT to Apple: "Mine's bigger than yours"
  • Reply 49 of 55
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    It's a beautiful thing. No, not the phone. But the fact that MSFT is totally irrelevant in the mobile space. Add to that the fact that there are much better options for consumers than their lame offerings. Consumers are more than happy to turn their backs on MSFT after decades of being force-fed over-priced, buggy, bloated, counter-intuitive, third-rate products. Good riddance!
  • Reply 50 of 55
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 80025 View Post

No doubt, this display will attract attention. But no matter how you dress it up, it's still crap.

Well it's a double irony because A) NYCers either hate such things or are totally numb to them. Gotta play it like Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and aim it at the tourists. And B) It'll be about the 1,524th tallest non-building object in Herald Square. Plus we'll have in covered in grafitti by 4 AM. Way to location scout, Mr. B!
  • Reply 51 of 55
    Polishing a turd won't make it better. Neither will making it 6 stories tall.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmike View Post

Polishing a turd won't make it better. Neither will making it 6 stories tall.

Awe, come on! Have you used WP7? It's really good. MS has done a great job with it.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    It was a new coworker who bought one for herself and her hubby. She said she absolutely loved it.

I was shopping for a new phone at the time (former Treo user, R.I.P.), but I couldn't get past the ugly UI, and the general chunkiness. (I landed on a 64mb 4S.)
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post

I have yet to even see a single wp7 phone in the wild. I think they are a myth, like the yeti or Bigfoot.

I know someone who is getting the Nokia Lumia 800 next week. I am actually looking forward to see how it works. Just don't like that 'Zune cut-off concept' albeit that perception is only based on what I see on the internet, not from 'personal use'.

Here's a link from the Engadget review. In the 6'09'' hardware video there's no mentioning on the battery. To me, that's important, especially for smartphones. But I digress.