Apple looking into remaining battery life issues after iOS 5.0.1 update

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bmo View Post

I'd jump ship but i'm heavilly invested in itunes content and apple devices.

Why would you 'jump ship' over a bug in an x.x.x update? That's the tech equivalent of buying a brand new car when, after a week of only short drives, your vehicle's average MPG calculation has gone down by two miles per gallon.

In other words, it's messy and premature to flip around so frivolously.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    All we know is that "some" users are having problems. Which ones? What hardare profile are they running? We have no idea, no one does except Apple based on the device serial number. I still bet more people are bitching because that's what they like to do (stupid). The real number of people are probably few. Even then, they probably don't know what they're doing (not stupid, but just dumb.)
  • Reply 23 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This logic is infallible.

People claim to have Cancer.

However, I don't have Cancer.

Therefore, Cancer doesn't exist.

They must be just being stupid.

hahahhahahahahahahahahha. love it.

And all in all this page has been an enjoyable read. Real knowledgeable intelligent folk on AI...

except for the one guy who tried to deflect to Android for some odd reason...though he was kinda right with his first 2 lines. lol
  • Reply 24 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This logic is infallible.

People claim to have Cancer.

However, I don't have Cancer.

Therefore, Cancer doesn't exist.

They must be just being stupid.

Cancer sucks. End of story.
  • Reply 25 of 64
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

I had no battery issue but now I do with 5.0.1. It seems exceptionally bad when using a blue tooth device. Also, when i'm on the boarder of my wifi range things related to data don't work. You'd think the transistion at this stage in the game would be seamless!!!!!

upgraded at work and left 100% charged, 3 hrs later (made a few short phone calls, sent about 5 txt msgs, checked my email with a couple replies) 65%

I was on the phone with ATT then they transferred me to Apple. I was losing 1% every 2 min.

My iPhone 4S is showing 1hr4m usage and 1hr21m standby since the last charge. It has been sitting on my desk untouched. I tried restarting 30 minutes ago but that didn't seem to solve any problems. I will probably do a restore later tonight and set it as a new iPhone since I am still having issue with Numbers not syncing my docs from iCloud. My iPad is working great without issues.

PS I think I will submit a bug to Apple from my developer account and see what happens.
  • Reply 26 of 64
    I am curious how much of it is a rogue app or two? Must be why they ask for console logs or a plist extracted from your backup files.
  • Reply 27 of 64
    Quote:

I had no battery issue but now I do with 5.0.1. It seems exceptionally bad when using a blue tooth device. Also, when i'm on the boarder of my wifi range things related to data don't work. You'd think the transistion at this stage in the game would be seamless!!!!!

upgraded at work and left 100% charged, 3 hrs later (made a few short phone calls, sent about 5 txt msgs, checked my email with a couple replies) 65%

I was on the phone with ATT then they transferred me to Apple. I was losing 1% every 2 min.

Instead of 65%, what did you expect it to be?
  • Reply 28 of 64
    For the record,

I had no battery issues on my iPhone 4S, whatsoever, before the update.

After the update, my battery performance has perceptibly improved !!!

Of course, and I know it is never required, I ALWAYS do a hard reboot of an iDevice, after a full firmware upgrade.

Hold the Power and Home button down, and keep holding down until the Apple icon comes on screen.

then

Let go.

HARD REBOOT
  • Reply 29 of 64
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

For the record,

I had no battery issues on my iPhone 4S, whatsoever, before the update.

After the update, my battery performance has perceptibly improved !!!

Of course, and I know it is never required, I ALWAYS do a hard reboot of an iDevice, after a full firmware upgrade.

Hold the Power and Home button down, and keep holding down until the Apple icon comes on screen.

then

Let go.

HARD REBOOT

I had some draining issues beforehand. The update has slowed them down dramatically. Because it fixed mine, it has to fix yours. So because it didn't- you're a dumb dumb stupid head and I know everything.
  • Reply 30 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I had some draining issues beforehand. The update has slowed them down dramatically. Because it fixed mine, it has to fix yours. So because it didn't- you're a dumb dumb stupid head and I know everything.

Buahahahahahahaha....hilarious.
  • Reply 31 of 64
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I'm curious as to the association you're making. What quality of an armadillo is he exhibiting?

He makes a blanket claim that "people" are stupid. That means either he's stupid too, or he's not a person. Armadillo was just a guess as to an alternate explanation.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    Make sure to turn it on:

Settings -- Location Services -- System Services -- Status Bar Icon - ON.

Now you will notice if some power hungry service has awaken
  • Reply 33 of 64
    tsatsa Posts: 129member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS5, no problems. I updated to iOS 5.0.1 on the same phone no problems. I've never seen problems. People just like to complain or they're just stupid.

I agree. I also have no problems, didn't have them before and don't have them after the upgrade. All those whining people, it's their own fault they have problems.
  • Reply 34 of 64
    I have poor battry performance but it's app related since I had my i4 I've been using IM+ for instant messages and it just drains it it's the same with i4S it could drop to 20% in about 2 hours...

Other people it could depend on what they do, I've noticed several times before the update that when I used location based apps of iOS5 like map or camera, the location triangle comes up and stayed lit even after closing the app and killing it from multitasking... Now in 5.0.1 it's gone but stranger was that when I'm busy at work I set my phone to Airplane mode to save battery and not to be disturbed and the traingle came up ??? WTF? Altough about 2 hours passed i still had the 93% that I left it with.
  • Reply 35 of 64
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Let's see 100% to 65% in 3 hours. That's about 1% in 5 minutes, not 2 minutes.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    My 4 was OK with iOS 5 now it spends the battery pretty fast. In fact just did a reboot in the hope of clearing the issue.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

Actually my iPhone 4S battery was fine before the update. Now it drains faster. I have just fully charged my iPhone. It has been on my desk for 15 minutes after full charge. It shows 15 minutes usage and 15 minutes standby!

Looks like they screwed the battery fix up. On the other hand my iPad has multitasking swipes again so I'm not looking back.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    I personally haven't seen any battery drain issues with either my partners iPhone 4 or My iPhone 4S since iOS 5.0 and since 5.0.1 nothing has changed.

My iPhone was charged approx 10 hrs ago at 100% and now being just sitting it is showing 92% for me the battery is going slower since 5.0/5.0.1

One thing I did notice when first upgrading to iOS 5.0 I found Bluetooth was on which had previously been turned off. I know from previous phones before the iPhone bluetooth being on drains the battery at a rather quick rate.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    ...hmmmm..... who can guess the day 5.2 comes out next week???
  • Reply 39 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS5, no problems. I updated to iOS 5.0.1 on the same phone no problems. I've never seen problems. People just like to complain or they're just stupid.

I've witnessed my sister-in-law's 4s go from 100% battery to 84% in matter of hours when she barely used it.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    My 3GS worked fine with iOS 4. I upgraded to iOS 5 and it would drain in 24 hours or less. I learned to turn off all the battery eating notifications, data transfers, etc. And the battery lasted a week. I "restored" with iOS 5.01, and the battery drain problem is back. I had the same problem on my 4S from the get go. I learned to turn off everything that was not nessecary. It fixed the problem. Restored with iOS 5.01, and the battery drain issue is back.