By 2013 Siri becomes available on Windows (just like itunes in 2003)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm willing to bet that by 2013 Siri will become available on Windows (just like itunes did in 2003). If you really want to drop the bomb on the 'Goog', you should make Siri available on PC's. I mean the ipod would have never reached the level of success that it did (and pave the road for the iphone) if it wasn't for making the ipod/itunes PC compatible in 2003.

It's time for history to repeat itself....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    And in which way would that help to sell Apple hardware?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    That's like giving a ski lodge to someone in Hell.

I'm certain they'll be fine with their glasses of ice water.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's like giving a ski lodge to someone in Hell.

I'm certain they'll be fine with their glasses of ice water.

Ha!!! I do think that Siri will become a built-in feature of itunes (for both Mac and PC), so it's possible that by 2013 an itunes app for Windows 8 will have Siri built-in.

Quote:

And in which way would that help to sell Apple hardware?

Computers using Siri will be less dependent on using Google and will help keep customers within the Apple ecosystem. After a person becomes dependent on their 'Big Sister' Siri on itunes, there's a good chance they might want to take her with them wherever they go on an Apple iOS device.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    It wont happen. Siri will be one more item on the list for Apple to use to say Macs ans iOS devices are better than Windows and Androids.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoganHunter View Post

It wont happen. Siri will be one more item on the list for Apple to use to say Macs ans iOS devices are better than Windows and Androids.

Same thing was said about the original ipod/itunes.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Commodification View Post

Same thing was said about the original ipod/itunes.

And iLife and iWork and iChat and?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

And iLife and iWork and iChat and…

http://applidium.com/en/news/cracking_siri/

Quote:

Today, we managed to crack open Siri’s protocol. As a result, we are able to use Siri’s recognition engine from any device. Yes, that means anyone could now write an Android app that uses the real Siri! Or use Siri on an iPad! And we’re goign to share this know-how with you.

This means iPhone 4S owners (in theory) could hack their iPads, Macs, Droids, or (God forbid) Window PCs to run Siri.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

http://applidium.com/en/news/cracking_siri/

This means iPhone 4S owners (in theory) could hack their iPads, Macs, Droids, or (God forbid) Window PCs to run Siri.

Sure, but that doesn't really mean anything in terms of Apple making it (or any of the other software I mentioned) available for Windows, et. al. proper.

And it's not as though the same can be done for any other software.

Aside: Besides, Windows chat protocols should have been compatible with iChat from the freaking start. But no, Skype thought it could do its own thing and MSN didn't want to play ball (and Yahoo!'s just so full of?) and now look what we have: a terrible ecosystem that isn't compatible with anything else and no one can be certain that they can chat with anyone else without having five different accounts.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Sure, but that doesn't really mean anything in terms of Apple making it (or any of the other software I mentioned) available for Windows, et. al. proper.

True, but I think Apple would like to see a world less dependent on Google, and Siri is their Nuke.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

True, but I think Apple would like to see a world less dependent on Google, and Siri is their Nuke.

Interesting take. I respect that.

I think a combination of Siri and the third-gen Apple TV (?box?) will be their nuke. Siri to make Android seem archaic and a revamped Apple TV to make Google TV even more completely laughable than it already is.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Interesting take. I respect that.

I think a combination of Siri and the third-gen Apple TV (?box?) will be their nuke. Siri to make Android seem archaic and a revamped Apple TV to make Google TV even more completely laughable than it already is.

Totally agree.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

I'm willing to bet that by 2013 Siri will become available on Windows (just like itunes did in 2003). If you really want to drop the bomb on the 'Goog', you should make Siri available on PC's. I mean the ipod would have never reached the level of success that it did (and pave the road for the iphone) if it wasn't for making the ipod/itunes PC compatible in 2003.

It's time for history to repeat itself....

Umm... I honestly don't think so. The key is to:

1. Expand Siri to iPad 3, next-gen iPod Touch

2. Open Siri API to all developers (as I've been championing for weeks)

"Siri, how are my eBay bids doing?"

"Siri, tell me a joke"

"Siri, I have this rash..."
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Umm... I honestly don't think so. The key is to:

1. Expand Siri to iPad 3, next-gen iPod Touch

2. Open Siri API to all developers (as I've been championing for weeks)

"Siri, how are my eBay bids doing?"

"Siri, tell me a joke"

"Siri, I have this rash..."

Those things should happen in 2012 and then in 2013 Windows 8 users will be able to ask Siri if their PC sucks, and Siri will reply 'Yes it does".