Apple's iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS were two best-selling US smartphones in Q3 2011

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

No Android phone is cheaper. Apple won the race.

What?
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

What?

There's no comma there. He's not refuting it, he's saying that no Android phone is cheaper than the iPhone 3GS, which is true.

I suppose the other manufacturers' next solution is to PAY YOU to take their devices to compete with the new 3GS price.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

There's no comma there. He's not refuting it, he's saying that no Android phone is cheaper than the iPhone 3GS, which is true.

I suppose the other manufacturers' next solution is to PAY YOU to take their devices to compete with the new 3GS price.

Could have sworn Samsung did that with the Galaxy S2....
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Could have sworn Samsung did that with the Galaxy S2....

Did they? I haven't kept up with that side.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Since no one claimed this, I'm going to assume you meant it as a funny strawman instead of a real argument.

No, you see, he thinks someone did say it (that Apple products are stagnating) because the OP said that the stock is stagnating. And that's the problem with many of the people around here who comment on the stock. They look at great Apple PRODUCTS and think, 'if the products are good, why doesn't the stock go up (every day)?'

They're rank amateurs when it comes to investing. They don't understand. Anything. All they understand is that they like Apple products and so do their friends.

Clueless, as I said.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

No, you see, he thinks someone did say it (that Apple products are stagnating) because the OP said that the stock is stagnating. And that's the problem with many of the people around here who comment on the stock. They look at great Apple PRODUCTS and think, 'if the products are good, why doesn't the stock go up (every day)?'

They're rank amateurs when it comes to investing. They don't understand. Anything. All they understand is that they like Apple products and so do their friends.

Clueless, as I said.

The fact is nobody knows the viablity of Apple in the long haul. I mean, for nearly half it's life it's been down. Investors look at that. Especially with the passing of Jobs. I'd say after 4 years we'll have a good idea of what Apple will be like. As long as they KEEP making great products, then they will thrive. They can't hit a brick wall at any time soon. Right now, I'm UNSURE of what Apple's going. I'm awaiting for ATV to evaluate that.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

The fact is nobody knows the viablity of Apple in the long haul. I mean, for nearly half it's life it's been down. Investors look at that. Especially with the passing of Jobs. I'd say after 4 years we'll have a good idea of what Apple will be like. As long as they KEEP making great products, then they will thrive. They can't hit a brick wall at any time soon. Right now, I'm UNSURE of what Apple's going. I'm awaiting for ATV to evaluate that.

Nobody ever knows what will happen in any company's future. In fact that's not true, the only certainty is that every company eventually goes out of business. That's what makes a market, folks. If everyone agreed that Apple will go to $600, it would go to $600... IMMEDIATELY. Then the clueless investors out there would whine about it not going up anymore since they just bought it at $600 and "the products are still great" (TM). People are stupid. If you're a smart investor, you benefit from that fact. If you're one of the stupid ones, you complain about how unfair the world is.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Nobody ever knows what will happen in any company's future. In fact that's not true, the only certainty is that every company eventually goes out of business. That's what makes a market, folks. If everyone agreed that Apple will go to $600, it would go to $600... IMMEDIATELY. Then the clueless investors out there would whine about it not going up anymore since they just bought it at $600 and "the products are still great" (TM). People are stupid. If you're a smart investor, you benefit from that fact. If you're one of the stupid ones, you complain about how unfair the world is.

I hope Apple's been buying out middle eastern oil wells. Their stock's gonna go way up!
  • Reply 29 of 29
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmvsm View Post

Yes, and the stock keeps plummeting off of baseless opinion and 'business' reporting. Apple is the only stock that I know of that can outsell every competitor in its class and still get bashed on stock price. This stock really needs to be investigated, as the manipulation has gone completely off the charts, especially over the last 8 weeks. Really sick of it.

I don't understand why this upsets you, but I will be nicer about it than others.

I agree that it is possible that big players could be manipulating Apple's stock price. So what? They don't affect the fundamentals, so any manipulation will eventually correct. Unless you are swimming with the traders, what Apple's price is from day to day (or even month to month) shouldn't matter to you.

In fact, I'll go a step further. If you are certain that the price is being manipulated (and you are right) then you have a competitive advantage which could be worth huge amounts of money! When it is manipulated down, buy!! You will reap a windfall!

Now, if you need this money this week, well, you shouldn't put money that you need in the short term in a single stock without acknowledging that you are taking a dangerous risk (especially if you KNOW that Apple's stock has a history of being manipulated).

Bottom line, sit tight and wait it out or buy in and make a fortune. No need to complain if you *know* what is happening...