Dividend seen bringing $4B additional investment dollars to Apple

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ssls6 View Post

What I want to see under Cook....leverage the brand and go for their throats.

1) Launch a $500 notebook & desktop, pocket around $100 per sku. Stop ignoring this market.

2) Add phone models to the lineup or license I0S to select makers, pocket about $50 per sku. Allow the partner to use the A5 or whatever to help drive down costs. Position the phones under your flagship, using old models for you "no-cost" option isn't a great strategy. Make the industry work for you not against you.

3) Expand Apple TV to include apps and Siri, put a mic in the simple remote. There are already apps to control cable, satellite receivers.

Once you've thrown down a challenge, you must play offense and defense....defense alone will not do it.

Thank God you aren't in a position to make any of your ideas happen.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    Quote:

Your completely nonsensical post.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

My equally nonsensical post, typed as satire of the people who think they know better than Apple how to release good products, posted about two hours after.

Wow, seems I was spot on about what these people want, eh?
  • Reply 83 of 86
    Quote:

What I want to see under Cook....leverage the brand and go for their throats.

1) Launch a $500 notebook & desktop, pocket around $100 per sku. Stop ignoring this market.

The $500 portable is called iPad. The $500 desktop is Mac mini.

Apple cannot, and should not ever try to compete at the low end. Look what happened in the 90's when they tried - it nearly bankrupted the company. Just because they CAN build something, does not mean they SHOULD build something. The fantasy of the mythical $xxx low-end Macs allowing Apple to suddenly push MS aside and take over the desktop is just that - pure fantasy.

My holdings in APPL have done just fine, thank you, without the company having to resort to making crap. I wish I could say the same for HP, which hopefully can turn a corner, remember who they really are, and exit their "race to the bottom" with hardware sales.
  • Reply 84 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

The problem with television isn't bandwidth: there's plenty of that for streaming movies and regular programs.

Who told you that?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/8900960#8900960

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/message/9692844#9692844
  • Reply 85 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eldoon View Post

Except we're talking about service providers, not manufacturers. You can buy a PA Semi and easily export the chips anywhere. You can't buy a Sprint or Comcast and provide service in India, China, or anywhere else. Once you start going down this path, you'd wind up dropping a whole lot more coin to build/buy operators in every country to keep the strategy going.

First you have to show this works in the U.S. as proof of concept. It would start as a US product. This would be unlike any other Apple product...but Apple has never before seen the need to acquire close to 100B in cash.

This would never work in a country with unreliable high speed internet. I think that is kind of obvious...no?
  • Reply 86 of 86
    justbobfjustbobf Posts: 261member
    Apple isn't interested in collecting a measly $4 billion. They have $80 billion in the bank, now. They want others to stop copying them.