George Clooney, Noah Wyle battling to play Steve Jobs in biopic

Comments

• Reply 61 of 137
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Trim the eyebrows, add some stubble and we're done.

• Reply 62 of 137
    If Schmidt enters the picture anywhere then they can give that role to Philip Seymour Hoffman.
  • Reply 63 of 137
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Both Wiley and Clooney are decent actors, but Wiley lacks the good looks and charisma of Jobs, while Clooney lacks the similarity in appearance and voice. Bale has a bit of charisma, similar facial appearance, and he has a bit of the lisp that Jobs had, but he's not wirey in physique. IMHO Bale would fill the role better than Wiley or Clooney.

Keep looking!
  • Reply 64 of 137
    Forget live action. Pixar should animate the bio-pic.
  • Reply 65 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

If Schmidt enters the picture anywhere then they can give that role to Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Schmidt's a small part of the story. The part could be played by a photo of Schmidt with a voiceover actor, kind of like what they did with Saddam Hussein in South Park.

More important roles would be to cast people like Ive, Hertzfeld, Laurene, Larry Ellison, and Jeffrey Katzenberg.
  • Reply 66 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dualie View Post

If they run out of ideas just get Paul Giamatti and be done with it

\t

I dunno, Giamatti should actually play the Woz.

-kap
  • Reply 67 of 137
    Christian Bale (think American Psycho) as the arrogant, mercurial and eccentric Steve Jobs.

Christian Bale (think the Machinist) as the thin Steve Jobs.

PERFECT CASTING.
  • Reply 68 of 137
    But the big question is ... who will play Bill Gates? Every story needs a antagonist!
  • Reply 69 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maverik234 View Post

But the big question is ... who will play Bill Gates? Every story needs a antagonist!

Gates won't be the antagonist. Been there, done that.

We're looking for a Schmidt candidate. And a Samsung CEO.

And obviously Ballmer. They'll just get the guy who did Ballmer in PoSV.
  • Reply 70 of 137
    c4rlobc4rlob Posts: 277member
    Noah has that energetic stare, and actually looks a lot more like Jobs in his younger years. And Noah's younger look would allow him to believably cover a wider period of Steve Jobs's life.

Hey Clooney, you can be Woz )
  • Reply 71 of 137
    Quote:

James Spader?
  • Reply 72 of 137
    Larry Ellison = Robert Downey Jr.

Woz = Paul Giamatti

Bill Gates = Eddie Murphy (rofl)
  • Reply 73 of 137
    Personally I like George Clooney, but as was said before, when he's up on screen, that's who you see. Not so much the character he is supposed to be playing.

Wyle did great in Pirates, but it was a TV movie and he's a TV actor. I suspect he wants the role because he hasn't done much lately and because it's on the big screen, he'll think he can make the jump. Besides, he's been Steve before. I'd like to see another actor offer another take on Steve.

Bale's name has been tossed around here too. Bale was superb in The Fighter. Bring that intensity and loss of self into the Steve Jobs role and you might have a winner.

I had to laugh when somebody said Tom Cruise. The guy's a loser, period. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Day-Lewis could've pulled it off 10 years ago, but he's old now, as is Clooney.

To those that show pictures side-by-side of the actor and the subject, you do know that an actor doesn't get a part on looks alone, although I think Giamatti would great as Woz.
  • Reply 74 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

James Spader?

holy crap. James Spader would be an awesome Bill Gates.
  • Reply 75 of 137
    Noah already did the role once, and did it extreamly well I feel. Cloony looks and sounds nothing like Steve. I can't see that happening, and if it does I won't see the movie...
  • Reply 76 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Gates won't be the antagonist. Been there, done that.

We're looking for a Schmidt candidate. And a Samsung CEO.

And obviously Ballmer. They'll just get the guy who did Ballmer in PoSV.

A good antagonist needs to be someone who is there throughout the story. Schmidt wouldn't be in the 1st half hour nor the last half hour ... obviously depending on where the story starts. Microsoft (bill) has been a constant throughout the life of Apple and the story would be as much a story about the company as the man.

I can see having Schmidt and others as obsticles but for the movie to work they will need a central antagonist, even if it's a phantom, lucking around and popping up from time to time.

Either way, it's either going to be a great movie or a complete pile of ****. I'm betting on great, to many people interested in this story to let a hack job happen.
  • Reply 77 of 137
    It has to be Christian Bale as SJ.

If he could summon up some of 'the rant' passion it would be perfect for the younger Jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA
  • Reply 78 of 137
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member
    Perhaps they can get Ron Johnson to play the part of Phil Schiller
  • Reply 79 of 137
    To hell with it, let's make it an MTV production and have the following cast:

Ben Aflik - SW

Steven Segal - SJ

Keano Reeves - Bill Gates

Jean-Claude Van Dam - Schmitt

Ben Stiller - J Ives
  • Reply 80 of 137
    Quote:

To hell with it, let's make it an MTV production and have the following cast:

Ben Aflik - SW

Steven Segal - SJ

Keano Reeves - Bill Gates

Jean-Claude Van Dam - Schmitt

Ben Stiller - J Ives

Eddie Murphy as John Sculley

Jim Carrey as Gil Amelio

Seth Rogen as Mark Zuckerberg

Hulk Hogan as Steve Ballmer