Samsung Galaxy S II ad mocks iPhone line-waiters

Comments

• Reply 61 of 273
    rhyderhyde Posts: 294member
    Well, not being able to get through a whole day without my battery dying on my iPhone 4S, I suspect Samsung can get a fair amount of mileage out of this bug in the 4S.

Steve Jobs is probably turning over in his grave with "battery-gate".

I was able to accept the loss in battery life going from my original iPhone to a 3GS. I was a bit miffed when iOS4 cut battery life down considerably (I wish there was an option to disable "multitasking" and restore the original battery life, as I rarely need the multitasking capabilities [I have an iPad for that kind of stuff]); however, I can't get through 3/4 of my day without the battery going dead on me. That's with bluetooth and wifi turned off, btw. Sometimes (clearly a software bug), my phone gets exceedingly warm and I can watch the battery level percent meter tick off the minutes.

Hope they have a fix for this before too long -- the phone isn't very practical if I can't get through a whole day without the battery going dead (and, no, I'm not on the phone all day long; I don't play games on it; I'm not listening to music or watching movies all day long; I'm just carrying it in my pocket and forgetting to kill every little app I use for a few seconds). And no, I'm not in a position to leave it on a charger throughout the day (nor have I with any of my past iPhones).

Yes, indeed, if I were Samsung, I'd be all over this one; and they're justified to do so.
  • Reply 62 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

There's nothing to get about it. Passion isn't something you find ..it finds you. Fans passionate about Apple or Android will be there to guarantee their delivery of what they love. Samsung would have no objections to these lines if they were purchasing Galaxy phones which is why it's pointless for them to tease.

But Samsung is trying to make itself look better. It may seem pointless, but they're trying to get attention of some sort. Granted, they DID pay people to stand in line for the Galaxy SII. It may seem silly, but there's always going ot be someone that feels 'superior' for not following the crowd. That same mentality made Apple what it is today. Yes, the commercials could be immature, but not for everyone. For every Mercedes lover, there is a BMW driver that makes fun of him (vice versa)

Logic would likely follow the same path as statistics. Higher sales means that across a statistical groups "Device A" likely met the quotient of desired features than "Device B". Since opinions are your own and do not need to be substantiated through factual evidence you may opine about what is magical or revolutionary to the nth degree. However Samsung and plenty of other companies would love to deposit the cash that Apple is with the same frequency.

But, again, you said ". Android commercials are largely mythical". What makes that a bad thing? Hot girls fighting robots are awesome. It caters to testostorone. It was affect as many people have improperly refered to Android as 'droid. But, again, that's Verizon's advertising. "Droid does what iDont". Android tries to get the people Apple doesn't.

So now the excuse for evidence is not needed, but you were just quoting how well Apple devices are selling?

No that's why I was careful to put in "my needs". You could have a speech impediment that prevents accurate voice dictation. Siri is just another input modality that we have as an option. Apple TV is another method for streaming video content easily. Some will prefer a mini tablet in their pocket and some won't. Choice is good but I realize why Apple's sticking with 3.5 screens for now.

I could agree, it I think it was the way it was written. Apple has a statisfied market for now. They try to satisfy the largest group and don't wanna muck it up. Can you imagine if Apple came out with their own version of the Streak? That would be terrible. I think Apple has a bell curve of sorts in their heads when releasing products. Too many people in the world have small heads......and you don't want a phone too big for it!

• Reply 63 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthropic View Post

No, it is a failure, it's a real disappointment.

It's the first time Apple have released a new phone that isn't better than the competition. I view that as a massive failure.

For Apple to let Samsung leapfrog them to now have the best product in a market that Apple CREATED is a real shame, I've used an S2 lately and I much prefer the larger screen, still can't believe Apple didn't deliver a better product.

I got the 4S, coming from a Vibrant and I don't see a failure. Maybe I'm biased since there was no Infnity Blade on the Anroid Market.
  • Reply 64 of 273
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

This is "your" opinion. So it is a failure to you and a disappointment to you. If Flash-Breezy likes his iPhone 4s that carries as much weight as your opinion. No amount of repeating the same thing over and over is going to change that.

The 1st iPhone had no 3G.

The 2nd had a display resolution that was slightly below the norm.

The 3rd was well below the norm.

The 4th was clearly smaller than the average Android phone.

Sounds like all the iPhones were utter failures.
  • Reply 65 of 273
    They woulda done better with the attena gate issue. I updated somone's 4S in my house and now they are mad at me because the battery life went down. But mine got better......

So it's not universal. And at least it was acknolege.

SAMSUNG YOU STILL DIDN'T FIX THE GPS ON MY VIBRANT. I REMEMBER THAT.
  • Reply 66 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Well, not being able to get through a whole day without my battery dying on my iPhone 4S, I suspect Samsung can get a fair amount of mileage out of this bug in the 4S.

Steve Jobs is probably turning over in his grave with "battery-gate".

I was able to accept the loss in battery life going from my original iPhone to a 3GS. I was a bit miffed when iOS4 cut battery life down considerably (I wish there was an option to disable "multitasking" and restore the original battery life, as I rarely need the multitasking capabilities [I have an iPad for that kind of stuff]); however, I can't get through 3/4 of my day without the battery going dead on me. That's with bluetooth and wifi turned off, btw. Sometimes (clearly a software bug), my phone gets exceedingly warm and I can watch the battery level percent meter tick off the minutes.

Hope they have a fix for this before too long -- the phone isn't very practical if I can't get through a whole day without the battery going dead (and, no, I'm not on the phone all day long; I don't play games on it; I'm not listening to music or watching movies all day long; I'm just carrying it in my pocket and forgetting to kill every little app I use for a few seconds). And no, I'm not in a position to leave it on a charger throughout the day (nor have I with any of my past iPhones).

Yes, indeed, if I were Samsung, I'd be all over this one; and they're justified to do so.

The battery getting warm and draining is often a symptom of a stuck or rogue process running in background. This could be in your backup so you may want to backup...erase and restore and set up the iPhone as a new phone. You'll know in a couple of days if the issue is software in your backup or the phone software itself.
  • Reply 67 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Samsung has a lot of money ($343 billion). They practically own Korea. Err, South Korea.

And North Korea as it is is worth about four dollars and sixty two cents.
  • Reply 68 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

and north korea as it is is worth about four dollars and sixty two cents.

omg, i'm buying my own country yall.
  • Reply 69 of 273
    Quote:

"I could never get a Samsung. I'm creative," said one man. "Dude, you're a barista," his friend retorted.

Lolz. Though that might be offensive if you work at STAWBUCKS!

I think any ad that makes fun of iSheep (in all but name) is doomed to backfire on the idiots who came up with it. It won't convert anyone to Samsung's iClones, and will only pander to existing Fandroids.

As for battery life issues, I'm not having any problems with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5

But then again, when Apple patches 5.0.2(or 3), it'll be a thing of the past, just like Antennagate was effectively deflated with iOS 4.0.1.
  • Reply 70 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I think any ad that makes fun of iSheep (in all but name) is doomed to backfire on the idiots who came up with it. It won't convert anyone to Samsung's iClones, and will only pander to existing Fandroids.

As for battery life issues, I'm not having any problems with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.5

But then again, when Apple patches 5.0.2(or 3), it'll be a thing of the past, just like Antennagate was effectively deflated with iOS 4.0.1.

I think it's going to put a negative taste in a lot of people's mouths. Kind of tastless if you ask me. But it is a free market...
  • Reply 71 of 273
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthropic View Post

Wow Samsung nailed it. That's one of the best tech ads I've seen in ages.

Apple really let us all down with the 4S, they deserve to be taken to task for its failings so they put more effort in next year which can only be a good thing!!

The critique of fans is harsh, Apple make fans that way through manipulative marketing, it isn't their fault, but after a disaster like the 4S, anyone who upgrades from a 4 to a 4S does need at least a little therapy.

We can all pray to Apple the the 5 is awesome next year.

What are you tripping on?

http://www.suntimes.com/technology/i...-ask-siri.html
  • Reply 72 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

The 1st iPhone had no 3G.

The 2nd had a display resolution that was slightly below the norm.

The 3rd was well below the norm.

The 4th was clearly smaller than the average Android phone.

Sounds like all the iPhones were utter failures.

They were utter failures. I mean, who would line up to buy a $600 phone without 3G?

Hint: ME
  • Reply 73 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

They were utter failures. I mean, who would line up to buy a $600 phone without 3G?

Hint: ME

Udder failures.
  • Reply 74 of 273
    Quote:

SUPERAMOLED calls your name.

Of course, though, you'll be without updates for a bit. *looks at my Vibrant*

I don't like my blacks crushed nor my colours over-saturated. So, no thanks.
  • Reply 75 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

They blend in with the bezel. We're talking Pioneer Kuro levels baby!
  • Reply 76 of 273
    Quote:

Quote:

They blend in with the bezel. We're talking Pioneer Kuro levels baby!

As I said, no thanks.
  • Reply 77 of 273
    Samsung can only dream about having lines like that for their devices! They would be singing a different tune if the lines were for THEIR products.

Clearly, Samsung is just jealous.

I've tried a couple of Galaxy phones and they're nice enough and all, but I still prefer my iPhone.

I passed my iPhone 4 on to my daughter who's away at University. She's been using my original 3G for the last year and a half and was ready for an upgrade. Having used both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S, the 4S only looks like the iPhone 4. The under-the-hood improvements make it a much improved device. I'm actually kind of glad that they did't change it cosmetically, so it still works with my dock, speakers, clock radio etc.

That said, I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen for my next iPhone.
  • Reply 78 of 273
    Quote:

As I said, no thanks.

*fast sennen is fast*

BUT THEY'RE BLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

Though the whites look dingy. I'mma try to put some Clorox on my screen....you think that'll work?
  • Reply 79 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gustav View Post

...Apple has too much class for that. And they're smart enough to realize advertising the user experience from owning the product is more effective that insulting your potential customers.

Yeah, Apple would NEVER refer to the competition's customers as LEMMINGS...
  • Reply 80 of 273
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Don't be a stupid shill.

Show me where it says Samsung has $343 billion.

If you can't, do us a favor, and please ....

Oh, get off your high horse, hmurchison. Please take the trouble to read what I wrote. You can go ahead and ban me too, for all I care. AI is becoming a bit of a joke anyway, catering to these Samsung trolls in droves. I have no doubt that you guys like the clicks, therefore the eyeballs, therefore the ad revenue. But you may wish to worry about your authenticity.

Whoa, due, calm down......it's just appleinsider. Not that I disagree with what you said...but it's alright. I have some propofol to calm you down. It'll be all right.