'Social Network' scribe 'strongly considering' Steve Jobs movie

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    I would say trilogy would make more justice and cover all the events from his early teenager days.. or maybe it should take of from where Pirates of silicon valley left off.. I loved that movie and watched it a couple of times.. Whatever the direction they take they have a tough job at hand to really do justice to the historical events at apple and elsewhere..
  • Reply 42 of 46
    I would urge said scribe to strongly consider not strongly considering the Steve Jobs movie. "Social Network" wasn't that great, to be honest.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    Was Sorkin not the person who could never find time to write that address to Princeton students for SJ?
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

If Aaron Sorkin was one of my country's "greatest screenwriters," I would be ashamed.

He is a workman like guy who does a good job with pseudo-historical re-enactment drama.

None of his movies and shows are anything special. They aren't bad, but they aren't Oscar material or anything.

In the 70's he'd be the guy penning all those "movies of the week" on whatever the issue of the day was at the time.

The only reason Social Networks was popular was that it drew attention from the same crowd of shallow people who think having lots of "friends" on Facebook means they have a life.

It is a shame all the sleazeballs are lining up to try and profit off of Steve Jobs death.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

Oh you're right. Maybe Bill O'Reilly is available. He's all about the 'facts.'

Maybe Sorkin can win a Nobel Prize for his Steve Jobs movie? He would have done as much or more than Obama did to win his.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Was Sorkin not the person who could never find time to write that address to Princeton students for SJ?

Good catch, I missed that honking irony. Page 456 in the hardcover.